This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ninth chevron and the 2 hour sgu movie

Ninth Chevron? Has this been hinted to in any way from sg1 or sga? I don't remember anything about it. If not then it was invented just for the show, which is bad imo, because new spinoffs, should in some way have a "real" connection to the other shows. By the way..

Here's how their two hour movie will go: (which I hope I am seriously wrong, because if I'm not wrong, then we will have the same as sga, which for those that want it cancelled won't like it, and those that liked it will be more determined to ask why was it cancelled?)

The first hour:
    Explain the discovery of the ninth chevron, (assuming I'm right and it hasn't been discovered yet.) putting the team together, getting permission to go (this will undoubtedly be a "no" first, until they get whoever to say yes), have a segment watching them all get ready in the gate room, seeing all the new characters for the first time, and finally, mercifully, get there.

The second hour:
    They get there and discover a major problem aboard the ship, that can kill everyone, they manage to fix it, and at the very last discover they can't go home...ever. fades out with the crew solidly determined in their spirit of exploration to "boldly go where no one has gone before" or er, yah, (at this point I'd already have an upset stomach.)

Quite a nice mix between SGA rising 1&2, and star trek don't ya think? Again I hope I'm wrong about this.

I also found it interesting that they are keeping the stages up for sg1 and sga.

Originally posted by kufan76 View Post
    Ninth Chevron? Has this been hinted to in any way from sg1 or sga? I don't remember anything about it. If not then it was invented just for the show, which is bad imo, because new spinoffs, should in some way have a "real" connection to the other shows.
    Uh... There are nine of them on the gate...

Comment

as the previous poster said, the gate has always had nine chevrons, even way back in the original movie.

Screenshot from gateworld archives from first movie:
      Spoiler:

Screenshot from archive The Fifth Race:
      Spoiler:

Screenshot from archive from Rising:
      Spoiler:

Stargate's normally have nine chevrons. There have been special cases when there was less, but standard gates = nine chevrons.

Comment

What special cases?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

When the Atlantis CGI people screwed-up and only put eight on there...

Comment

Lol.. Fools.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

yeah, that would be the special case I was referring too, and I think the only time that happened was in First Strike:
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post
                yeah, that would be the special case I was referring too, and I think the only time that happened was in First Strike:
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                Ah, those pesky replicators always building incomplete stargates ... fools

Comment

Yeah the 9 chevrons have always been there!

I'm excited about SGU (just as I was excited about SGA when it first started) as it will take the show in a new direction and give us some new characters too work with. Though I would like it better if Sam, Teal'c, Daniel, O'Niell and McKay had a part to play as I really like these characters!

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Naa it's happened loads of times, throughout season 4 and at least once in season 5 too...

Comment

Isn't Universe beginning with a two-hour episode, not a movie?

Comment

If you need a ZPM to dial 8 chevrons, does 9 require a ZPM to the 10th power?

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                          If you need a ZPM to dial 8 chevrons, does 9 require a ZPM to the 10th power?
                          Probably, but well will find out soon!

Comment

Personally, I don't see what the big fuss is over Universe, I can't wait. Anyone else agree?

Comment

Originally posted by kufan76 View Post
                              Ninth Chevron? Has this been hinted to in any way from sg1 or sga? I don't remember anything about it. If not then it was invented just for the show, which is bad imo, because new spinoffs, should in some way have a "real" connection to the other shows. By the way..

Here's how their two hour movie will go: (which I hope I am seriously wrong, because if I'm not wrong, then we will have the same as sga, which for those that want it cancelled won't like it, and those that liked it will be more determined to ask why was it cancelled?)

The first hour:
                              Explain the discovery of the ninth chevron, (assuming I'm right and it hasn't been discovered yet.) putting the team together, getting permission to go (this will undoubtedly be a "no" first, until they get whoever to say yes), have a segment watching them all get ready in the gate room, seeing all the new characters for the first time, and finally, mercifully, get there.

The second hour:
                              They get there and discover a major problem aboard the ship, that can kill everyone, they manage to fix it, and at the very last discover they can't go home...ever. fades out with the crew solidly determined in their spirit of exploration to "boldly go where no one has gone before" or er, yah, (at this point I'd already have an upset stomach.)

Quite a nice mix between SGA rising 1&2, and star trek don't ya think? Again I hope I'm wrong about this.

I also found it interesting that they are keeping the stages up for sg1 and sga.

Your real name isn't Brad Wright or Robert Cooper is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X