Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis didn't get pushed aside for Universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis didn't get pushed aside for Universe?

Bull****!

I'm sorry, but Brad Wright is full of crap if he think anyone'll believe that. Atlantis gets canned and Universe gets greenlighted the next day? Yeah, that's just a freak coincidence. There's no correlation between the two whatsoever.

I am just very disappointed right now, by the complete lack of care that's left from the TPTB for the franchaise. Universe, the movies, the MMORPGs, they just have money grab written all over them. What happened to just writing a good TV show about galactic exploration?
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Probably they have to repeat stuff like that more often. Really works...at some point you believe it yourself.
    Like JM mentioning that he really would like a new season for Atlantis while already advertizing that great new idea for Universe.
    On...and on....and on
    sigpic
    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

I totally respect Brad Wright and love his work and am grateful to him for giving us SG-1 and SGA. But, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Several sources said SGA's ratings were up, and in fact were pulling in the best numbers since Season 2, so I mean come on. Yes, I ended that sentence with a preposition.
      sigpic

Comment

I said this exact thing in the Brad Wright interview thread, glad I'm not the only one who thought it. It isn't as if anyone behind it will admit it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I totally respect Brad Wright and love his work and am grateful to him for giving us SG-1 and SGA. But, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Several sources said SGA's ratings were up, and in fact were pulling in the best numbers since Season 2, so I mean come on. Yes, I ended that sentence with a preposition.
          I completely agree... you did end that sentence with a prepo... j/k

I think you're right about it being cancelled for SGU and I agree it #@%!ing sucks but I don't expect them to openly admit it. I wish they would though. I wish they'd just come out and say "yes, we did it so we could start SGU, sorry"
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Indeed.... he must think we are all naive idiots!
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Of course they had to push atlantis out of the way! He went out of his way to specifically dismiss it, so yea it's true. I hope it's worth it, I hope their ideas are just sooooo good, that they couldn't wait. Unfortunately it sounds like it'll be a pre-programmed voyager. Which in my view could be much worse.

All I know is, that in an earlier article, Wright, cooper, and MGM, Vancouver studios, and SCIFI, they ALL agreed that this was best? huh? How'd that happen? I mean in previous shows that faced cancellation, there was always tension, disagreement about about a lot of things...but we are supposed to believe they just all became good friends, they all go out for drinks together, barbeque in brad's backyard, with the butterflies fluttering, birds chirping...fairies dancing around, playing with the leprechauns,who are playing badmitton with the seven dwarfs, meanwhile...you get the idea...it's a fairy tale, the whole thing is thinly vailed front they all decided they needed...I wonder what the truth is...in the style of the x files, the truth is out there...

Comment

question, how does one post on joe mallozi blog at the indignation that we are not stupid and that the traitors ditched SGA for the sake of the crap sounding SGU and how do we send the lemons - help would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by kufan76 View Post
                  All I know is, that in an earlier article, Wright, cooper, and MGM, Vancouver studios, and SCIFI, they ALL agreed that this was best? huh? How'd that happen? I mean in previous shows that faced cancellation, there was always tension, disagreement about about a lot of things...but we are supposed to believe they just all became good friends yadda yadda yadda
                  I'm kind of wondering if maybe Sci Fi gave them **** for being so open about how upset everyone was over the unexpected cancellation of SG-1.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I'm kind of wondering if maybe Sci Fi gave them **** for being so open about how upset everyone was over the unexpected cancellation of SG-1.
                    Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised. Sci-Fi has, time and time again, messed with Stargate, and every time, Brad Wright and Rob Cooper just keeps on taking it and run back to the network as if nothing's wrong.

Even a dog realizes that if it keeps getting abused by someone, it would probably be better off if it stays away.

I'm insulted by that fact that they don't care about the franchaise anymore. I'm insulted by their lack of a spine to stand up to a network that's just full of crap. And I'm insulted by their assumption that myself and all the other fans out there are naive morons who'll just take their word for what happened.

My best bet is, Wright and Cooper were really eager to be showruners again, and since they couldn't start up Universe while Atlantis was still on, they dealed with MGM and SciFi to end Atlantis and bring on Universe.
                    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

So we're offically calling shenanigans on Wright? Yeah. I'm good with that.
                      Wow, thanks for ruining my day and canceling SGA, Sci-Fi. Not even McKay can make me feel better now

Comment

tptb have been developing SGU for 2 years. It's getting ready to be churned out now. tptb cannot handle 2 show at once. They know that from past experience.

the best thing to do is end the older show that will may or may not be renewed and focus on the new series and add a few movies in the equation for good measure.

if I was in their shoes I would the exact same thing. it makes business sense and end SGA on a high note with medium ratings and a profit.

As far as admitting it...why? Doesn't matter what tptb annouce, people will draw thier own conclusions.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I guess I am the only person here that understands their reasons for ending it on good terms. Yeah we can go until season 10, but it might be really really really bad by then.

If they want regular movies, they need it done before it gets bad. How is that hard to believe?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            tptb have been developing SGU for 2 years. It's getting ready to be churned out now. tptb cannot handle 2 show at once. They know that from past experience.

the best thing to do is end the older show that will may or may not be renewed and focus on the new series and add a few movies in the equation for good measure.

if I was in their shoes I would the exact same thing. it makes business sense and end SGA on a high note with medium ratings and a profit.

As far as admitting it...why? Doesn't matter what tptb annouce, people will draw thier own conclusions.
                            you know I completely agree. it makes business sense, yup. but it still sucks! expecially for Atlantis fans, the older show
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

honestly we will get like one SGA movie to close everything up and think that will be the end of that, seriously don't think they will be having time to do a new show plus other movies, it is only a ploy to keep fans happy that they screwed us up once more. honestly those sg1 movies were ok but just ok

Comment

Working...
                              X