This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Univoyageratlantis

"What starts as a simple reconnaissance turns into a never ending mission, as the Stargate Universe crew discovers the ship is unable to return to Earth, and they must now fend for themselves aboard the Destiny...the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures."

Original only in that they have 'no way to go back for people' OH MY GOD! If only it wasn't a 45 minute programme I might believe there was some drama in that! Atlantis started about not being able to return to Earth. Can these people possibly think we'll fall for that TWICE? Plus the thought that stargate personnel wouldn't be able to do something as simple as change the navigational controls on a Lantean ship... with all the experience they have....... NO CREDIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand by what I said last night. What we need most is a change in the top team, not a rehash masquerading as a reboot.

Originally posted by mikeaspatrick View Post
    Plus the thought that stargate personnel wouldn't be able to do something as simple as change the navigational controls on a Lantean ship... with all the experience they have....... NO CREDIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, depends on why they can't, really, don't it?

Comment

I don't see what the big hate deal is about in regards to Universe, I mean, we just (basically) lost Atlantis, and we're all (well some) whining about a lack of Stargate in the near future (with no more Atlantis), and yet we want to boycott our only new source of Stargate? (Universe)

Flawed logic if I've ever seen any....

Comment

As much as I hate to say this, S1 was the best season of SGA imo. I don't know how much of that was due to the fact that they were cut off from Earth, but if SGU's first season is half as good as SGA's first, I'll be watching the second season for sure.

Perfecto!

Comment

So assuming the ship is going to planets where stargates were deposited? seeded? and a crew member accidentally gets left behind on one of those worlds, its possible for them to gate back to earth. Or is that being too naive?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            So assuming the ship is going to planets where stargates were deposited? seeded? and a crew member accidentally gets left behind on one of those worlds, its possible for them to gate back to earth. Or is that being too naive?
            If they had a ZPM probably.... the details don't make much sense at the moment but hopefully as we learn more they will
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

As I have seen every episode of Star Trek and Stargate thus far, I think that the TPTB should learn from their mistakes...

TNG > DS9 > Voyager as far as fan base popularity which coincidentally have the same plot premises of SG1, SGA, and SGU

The basic premise behind Universe is no different than Voyager. If they dont want their ratings to decline further, stick with whats working now like they should have with DS9...

But Im sure when it fails, they'll do a relaunch with a prequel series set in a period of time before TNG/SG1

*** And i just wanted to throw this in, when Atlantis was getting whooped by the wraith day in and day out, i was like 'those runabout/puddlejumpers are just not gonna cut it... They need a ship like defiant to protect themselves with.." Enter the Daedalus

Comment

I say we can't judge Universe just yet. It is way too early. And what annoys me the most is that people always compare it to what happened to Star Trek (Voyager) for cryin' out loud. Anyway, we have too few details to say that it won't be original or whatever. What if it will REALLY be different in a GOOD way? Why don't you say that? I like to stay open minded

Comment

Originally posted by deagletime View Post
                  As I have seen every episode of Star Trek and Stargate thus far, I think that the TPTB should learn from their mistakes...

TNG > DS9 > Voyager as far as fan base popularity which coincidentally have the same plot premises of SG1, SGA, and SGU

The basic premise behind Universe is no different than Voyager. If they dont want their ratings to decline further, stick with whats working now like they should have with DS9...

But Im sure when it fails, they'll do a relaunch with a prequel series set in a period of time before TNG/SG1

*** And i just wanted to throw this in, when Atlantis was getting whooped by the wraith day in and day out, i was like 'those runabout/puddlejumpers are just not gonna cut it... They need a ship like defiant to protect themselves with.." Enter the Daedalus
                  Stargate: The Ernest Littlefield Chronicles

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
                    Flawed logic if I've ever seen any....
                    Indeed. Lt. Commander Tuvok and Mr. Spock also agree.

Comment

I thought they cancelled Voyager years ago!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        I thought they cancelled Voyager years ago!!!
                        That was Star Trek: Enterprise.
                        Voyager was my favourite series btw
                        Computer Activate Emergency Command Hologram
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

After looking at the plot of SGU, who thinks that somebody decided to make Daedalus Variations into a series?

........*raises hand*
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by mko View Post
                            That was Star Trek: Enterprise.
                            Voyager was my favourite series btw
                            I liked Voyager too....But um,I don't want a voyager two!!

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                            After looking at the plot of SGU, who thinks that somebody decided to make Daedalus Variations into a series?

........*raises hand*
                            Yep *raises hand*
                            sigpic

Comment

I like this concept, though I think the plot is a little rough right now. I am fiending for more information. Color me intrigued.

Comment

Working...
                              X