Something I think would be cool for future movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I think would be cool for future movies

I think that that two movies, where the second is a textbook sequel, would be cool. I mean, not like the first ends in a cliffhanger, but I think it'd be pretty interesting. I also think this would give them a lot of room for a cross over. I don't think ~100 minutes would be enough for the eventual cross over movie. Well, yes, there's nothing currently going on in the Milky Way, but depending on the lose-ends at the end of ATL's 5th season, maybe the new enemy makes a run for the Milky Way?

*shrugs shoulders*

But that's just me. So would a kind of two part movie work?

I don't see why not.

It worked for Batman.

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
    Vir: I don't understand...
    Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

Yeah! I was thinking of using Star Wars as an example (don't watch many movies), but that's way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
        I think that that two movies, where the second is a textbook sequel, would be cool. I mean, not like the first ends in a cliffhanger, but I think it'd be pretty interesting. I also think this would give them a lot of room for a cross over. I don't think ~100 minutes would be enough for the eventual cross over movie. Well, yes, there's nothing currently going on in the Milky Way, but depending on the lose-ends at the end of ATL's 5th season, maybe the new enemy makes a run for the Milky Way?

*shrugs shoulders*

But that's just me. So would a kind of two part movie work?
        Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
        Yeah! I was thinking of using Star Wars as an example (don't watch many movies), but that's way better.
        I'd like a 3 part movie like LOTR

Comment

I guess a movie and then a direct sequel would be cool instead of the disconnected adventures it seems like we'll be getting.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
            I'd like a 3 part movie like LOTR
            I could definitely enjoy a two- or three-part movie. If the story was deserving of it.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've thought about this before. I was thinking, depending on the depth and open-endedness of the new enemies coming in 5x10 of SGA, perhaps two or three AoT-esque films could be done, one with SGA, another with SG-1, maybe a last one with both, to further explore and then fully resolve this upcoming introduction.

It sounded to me like Joe was really psyched for the new enemy. If it was to be a permanent-basis sort of lot, which we can only assume based on past word choice and the franchise's track record, then I'd like to see much more from them. If, of course, I enjoy them. If I don't, well, some sort of resolution would be ideal regardless.

I think such a plan could work out fairly well, even with the enemy race being at times a bit of a B-plot to what the producers of telefilms want with the 'somewhat standalone' feel, up 'til the last one they're in. Something kind of like this:

(SGA telefilm #1) A-plot involves something 'new and exciting', but B-plot which gradually takes center-stage to varying degrees regards pre-established stuff, such as the new race.

(SG-1 telefilm #3) A-plot is big O'Neill story or whatever it was Wright was going on about; part of the story, however, is dedicated to a plot arc going on with a certain new race enemy from SGA and its involvement.

(SGA telefilm #2) The new enemy becomes the forefront of the story again and an AoT-esque showdown telefilm is launched. Hopefully with good pacing and enough past establishment by now that it wouldn't feel so terribly rushed; this could be a problem no matter what, though, since after two whole seasons with the Ori as the big bad, fans still insisted AoT was way too soon.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Aside from a 6-8 episode mini-series/DVD following Carter on the General Hammond 304 w/ guest apperances from Daniel, McKay, etc., I would love a good 2 or 3 part multi-movie story. I also think the fanbase is strong enough to start a story with an SG-1 movie and continue it to an SGA movie. Something the Stargate franchise has yet to explore is Roman numerals unlike the other "Star..." space operas.

Comment

If a crossover movie is ever developed for SG-1 and Atlantis, having it take place over the span of two movies probably would be the best way to go.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    If a crossover movie is ever developed for SG-1 and Atlantis, having it take place over the span of two movies probably would be the best way to go.
                    I agree.
                    "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Working...
                    X