This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Younger audience?

what exactly does that mean? it better not mean sg-1 from 200, I'm 15 and i already like the franchise as it is. and i'm a little sceptical about the new cast, the reason atlantis was a good spin off was becasue it included old characters and new characters. now this is all new people with one past known actor that people have heard of. I know it's like the begining of sg-1 that has all these new people, but can lightning strike twice (figurativly, i know it can strike twice in reality )

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

I really don't think they're talking about a rehash of the target audience for Stargate Infinity, and very, very few others do, for that matter.

While I, myself, am 'cautiously optimistic' about the spinoff, I don't believe Mr. Wright's 'younger audience' comment should be taken as an auto-kill or anything. Keep an open mind if at all possible and we'll see what's what soon enough.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

As I've said before, think "Spooks: Code 9"

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        I really, really don't want to!
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Well its entertaining

Comment

That's because it's dark. Take away the darkness and I wouldn't watch. I nearly didn't in the first place because of that God awful slogan (For Queen, For Country, For Kicks), and drinking games within the first 20 minutes of ep 1.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

» 200 was a vision of the future. Universe's ship zip code will be 90210. It's now clearer than ever.

Comment

[QUOTE=Reiko;8802427]» 200 was a vision of the future. Universe's ship zip code will be 90210. It's now clearer than ever.[/QUOTE

of course, of course

KEEP IT CLEAN
                Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

So everyone thinks that because in 200, a satirical look at Stargate they did that "Young SG1" section that the entire show "was a preview" or a look into the future of what Universe is going to be?

Don't you people know anything of satire? If ANYTHING they're going to make it the complete opposite of that as they were the ones making fun of it.
                  The complete and utter double standards on here appals me, fandom complains and whinges that Continuum and Atlantis have no or little character development or ships or whatever and when they tweak the Stargate formula to concentrate on the people a little everyone is all "OMG It's Melrose Place!!!111!".

I seriously cannot stand to read the GateWorld forums when the Anti Brigade is out, it makes me absolutely sick to the stomach that you call all yourself fans. If I was Brad Wright reading these forums I'd just "why bother, nothing we do makes anyone happy" but I hope he realise's everyone is not a complete child when judging a show you know little about.

Have some patience and maturity and wait until you know more before you jump over one line in a press release with no context.

I've been watching Stargate since I was 10 years old, I'll take whatever Stargate I am given.

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
                    I seriously cannot stand to read the GateWorld forums when the Anti Brigade is out, it makes me absolutely sick to the stomach that you call all yourself fans.
                    » Hey, hey, calm down. "Anti" is a very selective term. Everyone has "Anti feelings" at the moment, but that does not make them an Anti. Yes, the Anti's are a calm and collected, snarky select group of fans unhappy with the changes in SGA S4 and S5.

Comment

So everyone thinks that because in 200, a satirical look at Stargate they did that "Young SG1" section that the entire show "was a preview" or a look into the future of what Universe is going to be?

Don't you people know anything of satire? If ANYTHING they're going to make it the complete opposite of that as they were the ones making fun of it.
                      The complete and utter double standards on here appals me, fandom complains and whinges that Continuum and Atlantis have no or little character development or ships or whatever and when they tweak the Stargate formula to concentrate on the people a little everyone is all "OMG It's Melrose Place!!!111!".

I seriously cannot stand to read the GateWorld forums when the Anti Brigade is out, it makes me absolutely sick to the stomach that you call all yourself fans. If I was Brad Wright reading these forums I'd just "why bother, nothing we do makes anyone happy" but I hope he realise's everyone is not a complete child when judging a show you know little about.

Have some patience and maturity and wait until you know more before you jump over one line in a press release with no context.

I've been watching Stargate since I was 10 years old, I'll take whatever Stargate I am given.
                      I'm not anti, usually I'm very neutral, for once something has angered me.

I don't think 200 is what we're expecting at all. But I've just had one of my favourite shows (Spooks) release a spin off called Spooks Code 9 which is EXACTLY what theyre talking about here, younger and for the new generation. They're not teens, they're early 20 year old Mi5 officers in a post nuclear explosion Britain, and they enjoy clubbing and drinking. It is not good.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        » Hey, hey, calm down. "Anti" is a very selective term. Everyone has "Anti feelings" at the moment, but that does not make them an Anti. Yes, the Anti's are a calm and collected, snarky select group of fans unhappy with the changes in SGA S4 and S5.
                        I'm as annoyed with the ending of Atlantis as anyone here, but apart from doing my blog and signing the petition I can't do anything. But I'm not going to rip into a new Stargate show before I know anything about it.

No one was this negative when Atlantis started.

I'm not anti, usually I'm very neutral, for once something has angered me.

I don't think 200 is what we're expecting at all. But I've just had one of my favourite shows (Spooks) release a spin off called Spooks Code 9 which is EXACTLY what theyre talking about here, younger and for the new generation. They're not teens, they're early 20 year old Mi5 officers in a post nuclear explosion Britain, and they enjoy clubbing and drinking. It is not good.
                        By the way some people are carrying on they do think that and its a shame people can't settle for a few days and then think about it.

I had a look into the Spooks/Code 9 thing and yeah it's for a younger generation "Thing" but it's not made by TPTB and it's not a Stargate show - which if we're going to judge Universe from single lines in the PR "will retain the stargate we know".

Could it turn out bad? Yeah, but don't condem it without giving it a go.

Comment

I'm as annoyed with the ending of Atlantis as anyone here, but apart from doing my blog and signing the petition I can't do anything. But I'm not going to rip into a new Stargate show before I know anything about it.
                          » See, that's the difference between us Stinky Sock Asso Anti's and the rest of you guys that are upset. (We're not ripping the show either, just having fun going wild with the younger cast premise.) We were already upset at the end of season three. We're done mourning, while your's has just begun.

Comment

Nobody really thinks you'll get the "200" parody, but going for a younger vibe does entail plots like that... It's the way TV is. The line many people dislike is Wright's description of "young and desperate" explorers. Considering that SGA started it cast in their 30s, I'm sure this cast will be predominantly in their twenties.

THe thing is that if they bring over the writers from sGA to SGU, you're going to get the same thing. So, if they do want a fresh series, ditch the writers, bring in new ones.

And no, there wasn't much character development in the SG1 movies.

However, if the new incarnation of the 'franchise' is going to be like BSG, or Melrose Place , then no, sorry, I won't take any Stargate that's given.

Comment

I can understand your perspective, as I tend to be a "give it a chance" kind of person myself. However, try to see where a lot of people are coming from too. I think one of the absolute worst trends that has happened in the last 15 years of genre shows is studios seeming need to try to make many of them star highschoolers. Frankly I hope that's not the direction the series is taking, as that could really mess up the franchise IMHO.

Having said that, I still find the basic concept intriguing and I hope the show turns out well. However, I would lreally ike to see at least one or two established popular characters from SG-1/SGA make the jump (Caldwell/Jonas come to mind immediately). I just really don't want to see Stargate: "Charmed Universe" or Stargate: "The Wraith Slayer" anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X