Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis Movie and Stagate Universe Issues!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Movie and Stagate Universe Issues!

my hopes are dashed..just finished reading the interview between GateWorld and Brad Wright..here's the few excerpts i dreaded so much...

my dwindling hope earlier was whether the new atlantis movie was going to resolve past issues regarding the weir storyline and continue where season 5 left off and ended and perhaps a happy ending for everyone.i was hoping to see familiar faces come back..but this is what BW says -

( Quote) "No -- I can say only that it will be a movie that will be more accessible to new viewers than something that is trying to resolve dangling threads. It will be, hopefully, more of a stand-alone story."

new viewers???hellooooooooo..who cares about the 'new viewers'??they would have to watch the entire seasons 1-5 to get a good understanding of what SGA is all about in the first place before the movie..what about us 'old viewers'..rather DIE HARD LOYAL SUPPORTIVE fans???

secondly, i was wondering whether Stargate Universe will have a cross over and overlap with Atlantis,perhaps seeing the same casts of Atlantis in SGU too??you know,the family in SGA..here's what it says in the latest headlines

( Quote)"The producers are reportedly looking to cast a known actor for one of the leading roles, and fresh faces to round out the cast."

No more mckay,sheppard,teyla,ronon,zelenka,weir,carson,lorne..etc...are u guys kidding me????we've grown to love and enjoy these people..how can you not get them into SGU???????i don't want fresh faces...i want old,stale SGA people

lastly,what is SGU gonna be about?is it going to continue from where atlantis left off? and here's the final and most shocking revelation..i almost died reading it..

( Quote)"The trade magazine also reported that the show will be set on board a previously unmanned ship called the Destiny, and will involve more space-based action than its predecessors. "Unable to return to Earth, the crew must fend for themselves aboard the ship, which has a preprogrammed mission taking them to the far reaches of the universe," "The new series will also be aimed at a slightly younger audience,"

younger audience???isn't what stargate infinity is already doing...younger audience????what????no more land???no more trees and forests? no more balconies and oceans???arghhhhhhhhhhh....it's going to be like Star Trek, Enterprise..Babylon..Voyager...sigh....i can't bear this all anymore...ship scenes are soo boring and monotous.....
    Last edited by gateactivation; 22 August 2008, 12:52 AM. Reason: left some info out

I suggest you calm down, take a step back and read that interview again, friend.

1. Atlantis S5 won't end with a cliffhanger, so there'll be no direct storylines to continue in the movie.

2. New viewers are always a good thing (without them a franchise dies, maybe slowly, but it will) and they can connect more to a stand-alone story. Besides, the movie will have the same cast and crew and writers, I'd be surprised if 'die hard fans' couldn't enjoy it as well.

3. According the Hollywood Reporter, appearences by SG-1 and Atlantis cast members are "very likely", even if only for the pilot movie of Universe.

4. Why would Universe continue where Atlantis left off??? Sorry, but it'd be a bit silly... I want Atlantis to continue in the Pegasus. And it will.
    sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

4. Why would Universe continue where Atlantis left off??? Sorry, but it'd be a bit silly... I want Atlantis to continue in the Pegasus. And it will.[/QUOTE]

i just wanted a reason to watch SGU..i mean,everything is so dizzying right now..atlantis is ending and there is so much more in atlantis that hasn't been resolved..i just feel that perhaps SGU could take off from where atlantis left,still have the same characters but a new direction..at least we can look forward to something new but with the same people... yeah..i hope before everything is finalized,SGA will be rescued..but it's just wishful thinking on my part..

Comment

Im with Vespasianus, i bet by younger audience it doesnt mean kids, but rather 15-25 year old perhaps, granted ive been a fan since iw as like 12 but im only 20 so i guess im part of the young audience and i loved everything so far so i bet its jsut more action sorta stuff.

Also SG1 finished with LOADS more things unresolved than atlantis but no one seems to care as much these days, plus unresovled things leave for movie storylines later on, eg, ford returns and they all go on a big mission etc, id rather see ford in a movie than swaushed in 1 episode of atlantis or for WHO KNOWS WHAT REASON on SGU!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
        Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
        SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by gateactivation View Post

( Quote)"The producers are reportedly looking to cast a known actor for one of the leading roles, and fresh faces to round out the cast."

No more mckay,sheppard,teyla,ronon,zelenka,weir,carson,lorne..etc...are u guys kidding me????we've grown to love and enjoy these people..how can you not get them into SGU???????i don't want fresh faces...i want old,stale SGA people
          Correct Me if I'm wrong but dont the old stale SGA actors count as "known actors"?
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
            Correct Me if I'm wrong but dont the old stale SGA actors count as "known actors"?

it says "known actor" which means it could be anyone from SG-SG1 or SGA..only one..i am hoping this won't be the final decision..i want everyone from sheppard to lorne in SGU..and possibly weir and carson too...

Comment

So basically - Stargate Atlantis Universe?

Uh huh. New show kids, deal with it. No matter how good or awful it is.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                So basically - Stargate Atlantis Universe?

Uh huh. New show kids, deal with it. No matter how good or awful it is.
                Your quote should read "new kids" instead.
                Kids in Space, or Voyager Lite.
                sigpic

Comment

Agreed on all the points, green for you gateactivation. I don't care about the so-called 'SGA movies'. When I read about the cancellation of SGA I immediately knew SGU was getting a green-light - I thought 'oh well, it better be a good show'. And then I read more about it. BAH.

Instead of a darker, more violant Stargate series (think BSG) we get 'space battles for younger audiences'. Stargate Infinity played by real actors? Seems like it. I'll watch the pilot, but I think (know) I'm not going to like it.

And instead of resolving the unresolved plots from SGA, they intend to have a new movie for a new audience. Hell, like anyone who never saw the series will buy that movie.

This just shows that TPTB either don't know or don't care about the fans feelings.

Seriously, I'm very pissed of by this.
                  Mia: Don't you hate that?
                  Vincent: Hate what?
                  Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                  Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                  Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                  - Pulp Fiction

Comment

"known actors" could mean anything from an actor known to Stargate fans as having already been on one of the shows, to just an actor whose name would be familiar to most people, but who may well have had no previous appearances in anything Stargate.

Just sayin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Severen View Post
                      "known actors" could mean anything from an actor known to Stargate fans as having already been on one of the shows, to just an actor whose name would be familiar to most people, but who may well have had no previous appearances in anything Stargate.

Just sayin'...
                      Typically when you cast a Known actor its someone that the audience would know i.e. like RDA & Ben Browder where known actors for SG1

Comment

Yeah, I highly doubt "known actor" is a reference to actors who've already appeared on SG-1 or SGA. It'll just be someone the audience would know of- probably someone RDA level, i.e. a recognizable face from an old TV show, or a film actor of moderate success.
                        Theoretically spoilerish:
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I thought season five was ending on the cliffhanger "enemy at the gates" Definately sounds like a cliffhanger title. As far as others being on the show the short article at scifi.com says at the bottom "Appearances by former cast members from SG-1 and Atlantis are very possible." So it'll probably end up being a situation where there will be one major character brought over, which could be good or bad, depending on who it is, and what role they play, but also could see guest appearances from other sg1 and sga people.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                            Yeah, I highly doubt "known actor" is a reference to actors who've already appeared on SG-1 or SGA. It'll just be someone the audience would know of- probably someone RDA level, i.e. a recognizable face from an old TV show, or a film actor of moderate success.
                            David Duchovney then?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              David Duchovney then?
                              He has an HBO show going right now, I think, but that's exactly the type of person it will be, in my opinion. And he'd be a good choice.
                              Theoretically spoilerish:
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                              X