This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this end of stargate universe ?

What will happen for stargate ? At the end of season 5 maybe we will see 1 or 2 movies like Ark of Truth and Continuum. So, we will bury legendary stargate universe in to our hearts. 11 years hah!

Could we forget all these things that fired all imaginations. I am so sad because of this.

what's next ?

Thanks for postings and sharings

No, this is likely the start of SGU. The guys in charge didn't want to produce 40 episodes a year again (ie 2 series) because it was too much, so SGU wasn't going to start until SGA had ended.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I think MGM just paved the way for even more stargate.

SGU will probably be launching soon. Movies are in the works and lord knows what else.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

SGU will probabley be the last nail in the Stargate franchise coffin

Comment

Originally posted by zarat View Post
          What will happen for stargate ? At the end of season 5 maybe we will see 1 or 2 movies like Ark of Truth and Continuum. So, we will bury legendary stargate universe in to our hearts. 11 years hah!

Could we forget all these things that fired all imaginations. I am so sad because of this.

what's next ?

Thanks for postings and sharings
          dude I think you mean the Stargate franchise, not universe what's next? another SG-1 movie, an Atlantis tv-movie and SGU
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I hadn't thought of it that way, but it's true. 20 episodes of Stargate Universe per year, plus (hopefully) 2 SG-1 movies and 2 SGA movies, does, in fact, equal more Stargate. Selfishly, I would probably trade it all away for 20 episodes of SG-1 per year, as I am sure that Atlantis fans would do to get their show back, but in the larger scheme of things, this may all be good for the franchise. And who knows, maybe Stargate Universe will be a show that can unite Stargate fans again. The SG-1 vs SGA infighting has been really divisive. It would be great if we had a show that could bring us back together.

Comment

there's SG1 and SGA fighting? i can't seem to figure out why i love both shows. the story's and character are all beautyful

Comment

there's SG1 and SGA fighting? i can't seem to figure out why i love both shows. the story's and character are all beautyful
                It's all water under the bridge at this point, we might as well focus on the future. Suffice it to say that some SG-1 fans mourned the loss of exploration and gate travel as the focus of the show (I was one, I admit), while the SGA folks really enjoyed the new emphasis on ships and elaborate space battles. Words were exchanged about characters and character development. None of that matters at this point. Best to just enjoy the rest of the season together ,look forward to the movies of both shows, and wait for Stargate Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  I think MGM just paved the way for even more stargate.

SGU will probably be launching soon. Movies are in the works and lord knows what else.

SGA movies, SG-1 movies, and a brand new series. I think the Franchise is stronger than ever. Don't you?
                  sigpic

Comment

That's sad that the fans are divided between SG-1 and SGA. Personally, I love both of them and always have. I'm hoping the next one is good too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cheystar View Post
                      That's sad that the fans are divided between SG-1 and SGA. Personally, I love both of them and always have. I'm hoping the next one is good too.
                      I think it's a good thing, a bit of healthy competition doesn't hurt, better than having everyone prefer SG-1 and have Atlantis always second best or vice versa IMO.

Comment

SGA movies, SG-1 movies, and a brand new series. I think the Franchise is stronger than ever. Don't you?
                        Yes
                        That's sad that the fans are divided between SG-1 and SGA.
                        Yes
                        I'm hoping the next one is good too.
                        And yes!

Comment

I don't care for this decision. I really enjoy both series. They had to two different approaches to storytelling which appeals to me. I don't like the idea of SGU which is a problem. There is so much to discover in the Milky Way. That is the point of checking out other galaxies?!? Absurd. Oh well...

Comment

There is so much to discover in the Milky Way.
                            Hopefully, there will be lots and lots of movies to tell those stories!
                            That is the point of checking out other galaxies?!?
                            I think the point is to get them out of their safety zone, and create a situation similar to the beginning, where they have no powerful allies, the tech and cultures they find will be new and mysterious, and there won't be any fleet of Earth ships to save the day. It will put them back out on a limb and makes all the discoveries new, which leaves lot's more room for storytelling. The downside? Limited connection with the SGC which makes maintaining a 'real world' feel much more difficult. It will be interesting to see how they manage that.
                            Will they start using the gate again? One can only hope. I have my fingers crossed that the puddle jumpers were developed after the gate seeding ship, and it's counterpart left.
                            Last edited by amconway; 21 August 2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Part of me would love a life action form of SG Infinity.

Seriously, set it present day instead of the future, actually make it consistent with plot, carry on the SGU theme of the gateship and outer universe etc, have a small team stranded out there, but blow up the gate ship almost immediatly, strip away their high tech equipment and leave them out their with some surplus tents, couple of vehicles and their sleeping bags. Make a modern day military team have to survive in the outer recesses of the universe, trying to get back.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X