X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contiuum Niggles

A few things that bug me..

a) If Ba'al's sword is "as thin as an atom" as Qetesh says to Ba'al when she double crosses him. The blade shouldn't even have mass, or weight, or exist within our visible range. The sword for that matter would also be increddibly fragile.

b) Landry had a good point. If they "correct" the timeline then the history of that Earth has been forever changed and millions of peoples lives potentially get snuffed out. Of course when the leave that Earth it may still exist in another timeline because time is full of timey wimey stuff but that bothered me. I was on Landry's side...

c) if they go back in time to the freighter to stop Ba'all how are they also back in the present? Did they vanish from the freighter?

d) Daniel should not be able to phone himself. Surely two of the same people can't exist in the same place and time? And we all know that if you travel back in time phoning yourself is a bad idea.......
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    A few things that bug me..

a) If Ba'al's sword is "as thin as an atom" as Qetesh says to Ba'al when she double crosses him. The blade shouldn't even have mass, or weight, or exist within our visible range. The sword for that matter would also be increddibly fragile.

b) Landry had a good point. If they "correct" the timeline then the history of that Earth has been forever changed and millions of peoples lives potentially get snuffed out. Of course when the leave that Earth it may still exist in another timeline because time is full of timey wimey stuff but that bothered me. I was on Landry's side...

c) if they go back in time to the freighter to stop Ba'all how are they also back in the present? Did they vanish from the freighter?

d) Daniel should not be able to phone himself. Surely two of the same people can't exist in the same place and time? And we all know that if you travel back in time phoning yourself is a bad idea.......
    right then....

a) Well the whole sword wasn't 1 atom thick. Just the edge. But I can see where the problem still comes in. Dunno really.

b) It's SG-1...what do they care as long as they get back home?

c) Erm....let me see if I can get through this early in the morning. Essentially when Cam went back in time, everything that happend from the moment things started disappearing never happened. Now the problem is that if it never happened then Cam couldn't have gone back in the first place based on how they say time seems to run in the movie. Ba'al changed the timeline and things started disappearing. therefore when cam changed his own future than that version of himself should have no longer existed. It's the same with Ba'al. But at least with Ba'al you can get away with saying he had a device that protected him from the changes in the timeline. Basically the movie screws up their own science. But that's ok since it's still a pretty good ride. albeit with a hell of a paradox.

d) Well in the stargate universe at least we've seen two people exsist in the same place and time. I suddenly can't remember the episode name but I mean the second Quantum mirror episode in season 3 when an alternate carter and kawalski come into our reality. Now in that ep some really bad stuff happend because they were in the same reality together. But I supose you could always say distance is somewhat of a factor...But again it's just something that they've screwed up on for the sake of a good story.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      d) Well in the stargate universe at least we've seen two people exsist in the same place and time. I suddenly can't remember the episode name but I mean the second Quantum mirror episode in season 3 when an alternate carter and kawalski come into our reality. Now in that ep some really bad stuff happend because they were in the same reality together. But I supose you could always say distance is somewhat of a factor...But again it's just something that they've screwed up on for the sake of a good story.
      Entropic Cascade Failure.. Im sure its explained about the same molecules being from seperate dimensions co-exsisting being a problem, dont think it was worked upon when mentioning time lines..

Comment

Working...
      X