This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum Discussion Thread

If this hasn't started already this is the thread to discuss the movie "Stargate Continuum"

A few things that bug me..

a) If Ba'al's sword is "as thin as an atom" as Qetesh says to Ba'al when she double crosses him. The blade shouldn't even have mass, or weight, or exist within our visible range. The sword for that matter would also be increddibly fragile.

b) Landry had a good point. If they "correct" the timeline then the history of that Earth has been forever changed and millions of peoples lives potentially get snuffed out. Of course when the leave that Earth it may still exist in another timeline because time is full of timey wimey stuff but that bothered me. I was on Landry's side...

c) if they go back in time to the freighter to stop Ba'all how are they also back in the present? Did they vanish from the freighter?

d) Daniel should not be able to phone himself. Surely two of the same people can't exist in the same place and time? And we all know that if you travel back in time phoning yourself is a bad idea.......
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

There's a whole folder for the Stargate Movies and a whole folder for the movie Continuum.

The general discussion thread for Continuum is here.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

a) If Ba'al's sword is "as thin as an atom" as Qetesh says to Ba'al when she double crosses him. The blade shouldn't even have mass, or weight, or exist within our visible range. The sword for that matter would also be increddibly fragile.
      I do believe only the edge of the blade was that thin.

c) if they go back in time to the freighter to stop Ba'all how are they also back in the present? Did they vanish from the freighter?
      The SG1 we see throughout the movie, except for those at the end, were an alternate version. Alternate Sam and Alternate Danny both died at Praxia, while Alternate Cam lived out the rest of his life in our SG1's timeline, in the past.

d) Daniel should not be able to phone himself. Surely two of the same people can't exist in the same place and time? And we all know that if you travel back in time phoning yourself is a bad idea.......
      It was yet another alternate version of Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        I do believe only the edge of the blade was that thin.

Ah O.....K... I'll suspend disbelief and take your word for it and that iw was in the script too

That notwithstanding the illogicalness of that is astrounding.

Comment

How?

We're talking about the VERY edge here. And atoms have both mass and weight.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            How?

We're talking about the VERY edge here. And atoms have both mass and weight.

Not wishing to stretch this thread out as I asked it be deleted because I reposted it in the proper area, but the way I think about it if the sword had an edge that thin then shouldn't the rest of the blade be that thin or at the very least it would have almost zero mass being that thin, and very very delicate.

Comment

Not necessarily. I don't quite understand your thinking here. All sword blades taper to a thin edge, right? Well, in this case it tapers to an atom's thickness instead of whatever usual thickness our Earth swords taper to. The rest of the sword is just like ours.

Comment

Working...
              X