This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Movie Idea

I've read alot of posts on this site and others where SG-1 fan's seem to want two things the most: More RDA, and to finally get to meet the Furlings. )A close third has been seeing the Stargate program go public.) I have to agree that these three things are on my list as well.

I watched the episode "Fragile Balance" for the first time last night and it got me thinking about using the Asgard in a future movie too. The original version of the antagonist (Odin) was going to be half human, and half Asgard in that story. I thought that would be an interesting basis for a movie, and to feature the Furlings & more RDA.

SG-1 could run into these hybrids while investigating a planet that was on the list that O'neill downloaded into the computers during The Fifth Race. They discover that the planet was once home to the Furlings. When they come across the Asguard/Human's they don't know who or what they are. Their first thoughts would be that these creatures are the Furlings, and over the course of the movie we discover that Odin had managed to break away from the Asguard again and resume his cloning research. I would like to think that a story like this wold be a great way to involve RDA in an expanded role, as well as answer our questions about the Furlings.

Thoughts?

How about a shipper move 50 First Dates with Sam and Jack and an alien memory device? XD

Comment

I had an idea for the Furlings myself.

I think they should "deal" with them. permanently.

Here's how it goes:

Our Heroes get into some sort of unspecified trouble that the Ancient database from Atlantis indicates was originally encountered and then solved by the Furlings. Now, nobody has seen anything related to the Furlings, ever, at all, except for the reference to their being one of the Four Races.

So, Our Heroes go hunting for any clues at all about the Furlings, traveling from planet to planet, looking for traces of their once-great Furling Empire. All they ever find are very old ruins, mostly stone, no traces of technology or records, etc. What they do find on each planet, and which appears on all of them, is a large rodent similar to a Nutria (but tastier- natives of the planets hunt them for food).

Eventually, they discover the Furling Empire's homeworld, and there they make an astonishing discovery: the Furlings were suffering from a genetic disease that caused them to evolve backward, moving them in reverse from a highly intelligent sentient species on the cusp of ascension to the nutria-like animals Our Heroes themselves have eaten any number of times on their little quest.

They finally find the Furling's database, which although containing the solution to their unspecified problem, is mostly full of information dealing with correcting their genetic problem (which they obviously were never able to solve). Our Heroes thus Save The Day, but the Furlings are basically useless to them henceforth, except for the real estate they left behind, and are NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN.

Hey, many, many people have a hate-on for the Furlings. It's somehow appropriate to find them being hunted and eaten
      Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Occulus View Post
        I had an idea for the Furlings myself.

I think they should "deal" with them. permanently.

Here's how it goes:

Our Heroes get into some sort of unspecified trouble that the Ancient database from Atlantis indicates was originally encountered and then solved by the Furlings. Now, nobody has seen anything related to the Furlings, ever, at all, except for the reference to their being one of the Four Races.

So, Our Heroes go hunting for any clues at all about the Furlings, traveling from planet to planet, looking for traces of their once-great Furling Empire. All they ever find are very old ruins, mostly stone, no traces of technology or records, etc. What they do find on each planet, and which appears on all of them, is a large rodent similar to a Nutria (but tastier- natives of the planets hunt them for food).

Eventually, they discover the Furling Empire's homeworld, and there they make an astonishing discovery: the Furlings were suffering from a genetic disease that caused them to evolve backward, moving them in reverse from a highly intelligent sentient species on the cusp of ascension to the nutria-like animals Our Heroes themselves have eaten any number of times on their little quest.

They finally find the Furling's database, which although containing the solution to their unspecified problem, is mostly full of information dealing with correcting their genetic problem (which they obviously were never able to solve). Our Heroes thus Save The Day, but the Furlings are basically useless to them henceforth, except for the real estate they left behind, and are NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN.

Hey, many, many people have a hate-on for the Furlings. It's somehow appropriate to find them being hunted and eaten
        Hmmm, interesting, at list is different from the rest of the ideas used since now by the other persons from the forum.
        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Karhedron
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by Zashun View Post
          I've read alot of posts on this site and others where SG-1 fan's seem to want two things the most: More RDA, and to finally get to meet the Furlings. )A close third has been seeing the Stargate program go public.) I have to agree that these three things are on my list as well.

I watched the episode "Fragile Balance" for the first time last night and it got me thinking about using the Asgard in a future movie too. The original version of the antagonist (Odin) was going to be half human, and half Asgard in that story. I thought that would be an interesting basis for a movie, and to feature the Furlings & more RDA.

SG-1 could run into these hybrids while investigating a planet that was on the list that O'neill downloaded into the computers during The Fifth Race. They discover that the planet was once home to the Furlings. When they come across the Asguard/Human's they don't know who or what they are. Their first thoughts would be that these creatures are the Furlings, and over the course of the movie we discover that Odin had managed to break away from the Asguard again and resume his cloning research. I would like to think that a story like this wold be a great way to involve RDA in an expanded role, as well as answer our questions about the Furlings.

Thoughts?
          I like the asgard idea. I thought it pretty damn cheap the killed thor and the rest off.

Comment

Honestly I think the magic of the Ferlings works only if we never see them.

Comment

They should make a movie about the trust, we never did resolve that storyline

KEEP IT CLEAN
              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                They should make a movie about the trust, we never did resolve that storyline
                Maybe because it was the worst, least stargate related arc ever...

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  How about a shipper move 50 First Dates with Sam and Jack and an alien memory device? XD
                  I support that idea!

Comment

Working...
                  X