Some questions about replicator's "ascension"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions about replicator's "ascension"

Why didn't they actually ascend? It would seem like after all the research they would be able to determine if it was impossible to ascend.

Couldn't they go to another galaxy to look for better technology than that of PG?

Originally posted by Inferno D View Post
    Why didn't they actually ascend? It would seem like after all the research they would be able to determine if it was impossible to ascend.

Couldn't they go to another galaxy to look for better technology than that of PG?
    The question is: why should we let them? If they were allowed to discover a way to ascension whos to say they won't use their powers to overcome the Others to gain retribution against their creators? Then, well we are screwed.
    Meh.

Comment

They didn't know about real ascension ,If they can prode Daniel 's mind, they will know more about Ascension,
      RepliWeir tried to teach them to let go and meditation.They is a bit silly .
      I think it is still possible for Replicator to Ascend, just they don't even know what they want.They thought turning into energy and left their body is ascension,They really should have a talk with Daniel.Prode his mind ,Replicarter prode Daniel 's mind and learnt a lot about technologies, but i think Daniel's mind still hold a lot like the feeling and sensation of being ascended with knowledge of every open up to you.
      Oma said all life is capable of Ascension.i think Replicator is life.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
        They didn't know about real ascension ,If they can prode Daniel 's mind, they will know more about Ascension,
        RepliWeir tried to teach them to let go and meditation.They is a bit silly .
        I think it is still possible for Replicator to Ascend, just they don't even know what they want.They thought turning into energy and left their body is ascension,They really should have a talk with Daniel.Prode his mind ,Replicarter prode Daniel 's mind and learnt a lot about technologies, but i think Daniel's mind still hold a lot like the feeling and sensation of being ascended with knowledge of every open up to you.
        Oma said all life is capable of Ascension.i think Replicator is life.
        I do not believe Replicators to be life, they are simply advanced programming.
        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
          I do not believe Replicators to be life, they are simply advanced programming.
          What about Urgo? Would you say he was alive?

Life is generally classified as a being that is self aware and sentient. The Replicators of Pegasus clearly are. The thing is, they could spend as much time as possible preparing themsleves for ascension mentally. but they can't ascend with their mechanical bodies. If they built real bodies like they were going to in Ghost in the Machine. Then they would be able to ascend properly. the only real question is would they stop at ascension or would they try to gain power beyond it, and if so how?

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
          Vir: I don't understand...
          Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

From the episode, Rodney seems to think that machines are incapable of ascending as they are not living organic beings.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
            X