Most unexploited tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most unexploited tech?

I did search for this but I didn't find a similar thread?

What do users think is the most unexploited or undeveloped tech in Stargate?

We've seen encounters with numerous different advanced worlds whose tech we have either observed or been given the plans to, but we have not developed anything similar.

Examples I can think of are, modifications to Stargates (a personal favourite of mine)

The Tollan Ion cannon A current favourite

The Crystal Skulls

Arthur's Mantle It has great possibilities for producing planatery cloak or a the cloak for a ship that will allow it to phase through shields etc.

Tokra Crystals Could modify the SGC, create a moon base etc

Ori Defence satellite We have the basic plans.

Various ways of obtaining subspace power from our own universe They have been done to death though.

Hebridian Ion Drive A better alternative to the 302s engines.

302s hyperdrive It could allow us easy access to the the inside of a ships shields, (It might of been useful against the Ori, altough they're smaller than Anubis's ship)

There must be other examples.

Which would you like to see again and which do you think Earth should take advantage of?

If we can't design it we could just ask the race for help.

Michael's cloning tech (that created Clone Beckett) and ability to grow hybrids in tubes basically means he could grow unlimited food for himself and any other Wraith willing to swear loyalty to him, which in times of starvation will probably be a lot.

He's not allowed to think of that though, cause he'd end up ruling Pegasus if he did, and not as the boss of some sort of goofy hybrid Empire either. With his cloning tech the Wraith he led would no longer need to worry about food supply which would mean they could just explode into ridiculous numbers of troops and ships and Zerg rush every adversary in their path.

Then he'd come for Atlantis, in possibly even greater numbers than they originally did 10,000 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post

We've seen encounters with numerous different advanced worlds whose tech we have either observed or been given the plans to, but we have not developed anything similar.

Examples I can think of are, modifications to Stargates[/B] (a personal favourite of mine)

The Tollan Ion cannon[/B] A current favourite

The Crystal Skulls

Arthur's Mantle[/B] It has great possibilities for producing planatery cloak or a the cloak for a ship that will allow it to phase through shields etc.

Tokra Crystals[/B] Could modify the SGC, create a moon base etc

Various ways of obtaining subspace power from our own universe[/B] They have been done to death though.

Hebridian Ion Drive[/B] A better alternative to the 302s engines.

302s hyperdrive[/B] It could allow us easy access to the the inside of a ships shields, (It might of been useful against the Ori, altough they're smaller than Anubis's ship)

Which would you like to see again and which do you think Earth should take advantage of?

no we dont the plans we have arent complete. mitchel even asked is we could make one of those things with the plans we have but carter no.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
        no we dont the plans we have arent complete. mitchel even asked is we could make one of those things with the plans we have but carter no.
        Ok, so what about the oter stuff?

Comment

Examples I can think of are, modifications to Stargates (a personal favourite of mine)

The Crystal Skulls

Arthur's Mantle It has great possibilities for producing planatery cloak or a the cloak for a ship that will allow it to phase through shields etc.

Various ways of obtaining subspace power from our own universe They have been done to death though.

302s hyperdrive It could allow us easy access to the the inside of a ships shields, (It might of been useful against the Ori, altough they're smaller than Anubis's ship)

yea i been wondering why they just don't move it to atlantis so it can serve as a cloak and if they are attacked they can't be touched

KEEP IT CLEAN
          Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
          Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
            yea i been wondering why they just don't move it to atlantis so it can serve as a cloak and if they are attacked they can't be touched
            Good idea; I'd like to see it on a 304 personally as they could use it to get really close (if not inside or even next to an instillation) get all the intelligence, drop the cloak and then let them have it.

Comment

Simple answer. beaming technology. Now this is one of the most over used technologies in both Trek, and gate, with the whole save them at the last minute. But I always thought that it could be a whole lot worse and more ridiculous. They really only use the beaming tach for inter ship transport, and emmergencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                Simple answer. beaming technology. Now this is one of the most over used technologies in both Trek, and gate, with the whole save them at the last minute. But I always thought that it could be a whole lot worse and more ridiculous. They really only use the beaming tach for inter ship transport, and emmergencies.
                There are places they can go with beaming. I think that the wraith beaming tech and how they use it has the most potential.

Comment

i wonder if we put the ori satellite plans into the asgard core and said build that it would fill in the blanks like
                  Spoiler:
                  the ioa did with the replicators in ark of truth

Comment

The Mimic devices, we know Earth also reverse engineered some.

Comment

The Crystal Skulls

Problem with the Tollan ion cannon is that it's pointless now, has been since season 6. Sure we might be able to modify it to be effective now but why bother since we now have the Asgard beam weapons?

Auther's mantle would be a great cloak for a 304, or include it in a 305, or even Atlantis.

The Ori satellite is a great idea, we do have the basic plans, and we know
                      Spoiler:
                      that at the end of Ethon the two nations wiped each other out and that the satellite is now abandoned.
                      So why not take it and reverse engineer it? We'd probably have to modify it a lot to make it compatible with our tech but it's worth a shot.

Another big one is the Ancient database on Atlantis. It was a large part of season one, but since then it's dropped off the map and we have yet to see any real gains from having a fully operational Ancient database. Why not learn how to make our own drones? Our own ZPMs? Our own Puddle Jumpers?

That's just my opinion lol, I probably have more but I can't think of them right now.
                      sigpic Current Episode: Hell's Fire
                      Stargate Olympus Virtual Series
                      Stargate Olympus thread
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by stargateolympus View Post
                        Problem with the Tollan ion cannon is that it's pointless now, has been since season 6. Sure we might be able to modify it to be effective now but why bother since we now have the Asgard beam weapons?
                        Do you think the cannon could be an effective replacement to the rail gun. As the guns need re-arming they will always have a weakness.

Comment

Do you think the cannon could be an effective replacement to the rail gun. As the guns need re-arming they will always have a weakness.
                          Hmmm, replacing the rail guns with the ion cannon would be possible. They'd have to find an operational one and modify it to be effective against newer shields. It's possible though.

Although if you could find one, I'd love to have one of those devices that let the Tollan walk through solid matter lol
                          sigpic Current Episode: Hell's Fire
                          Stargate Olympus Virtual Series
                          Stargate Olympus thread
                          Spoiler:

Comment

or as they dont need power to run other than turning the turrent that will always be a strength. the whole purpose of keeping the railguns is as a secondary wepon. if you have all energy wepons once your power goes offline, your screwed. take for example, search and rescue. they lost beam wepons and they just switched to railguns. and ammo wont really be an issue. i mean im sure they can keep many magazines on boared. they do have a 10000 round magazine any way so they would have plenty of ammo.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Just because Anubis (and perhaps by now pretty much all Goa'uld) managed to create shields that resisted the Tollan Ion Cannon doesnt mean they would be useless, or even need to be modified.

Imagine if they had sent say six (one for each pier) to Atlantis along with the reinforcements that were sent for the Seige. I dont think the Wraith Hives would have last long at all given they have no shields.

Comment

Working...
                              X