the killing of Baal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the killing of Baal

this has been annoying me for a while now.

The start of the movie: Do they have the real Ba'al or the last clone? If it is he clone, then the real ba'al went into the past and changed history. thats when everything/one starting vanishing inc the clone as baal would have no need for them in the altered time line.

The end, baal still travels into the past but dies in 1930 ish. Why are they at the extraction of the last ba'al clone if he died in over 70 years ago and only created the clones a few years ago.......

I cant get this out of my head. If, it was the last clone that went into the past then there is no problem as the clone was killed and ba'al had his snake taken out...

so in short was is baal or baals clone what went back in time???

It was future baal that was killed on the ship, and clone ball that was killed in the extraction, the future baal must have went back to the real baal that was in the past or the orgional baal. future baal must have helped past baal conqure the galaxy that way the baal that was already in 1939 could have known everything that future baal had known.
    sigpic

Comment

...I'm sorry. My head just exploded.
      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
      What have these years left to me?
      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

The Extracted Ba'al was a clone.

The Time-travelling Ba'al was the real Ba'al (who was then shot by Cam).

I assume Ba'al travelled back and killed his 1939 self; would be easier that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
          ...I'm sorry. My head just exploded.
          Temporal Mechanics....

Comment

In 1939 there were two real Ba'al's one that went back in time, and the one from that time. I presume that he stayed on Earth for a little while getting the knowledge he needed then gave it all to his other self? I would say killed him, but then he would exist. geeze your right, head exploding stuff.

Comment

Uhh, can we not have glaringly obvious spoilers in the title, folks? Please remember this name shows up on the forum index whenever it's the most recently posted-in within the board in question. And this is pretty darn straightforward in proclaiming the fall of a certain character, and a lot of people don't appreciate that, you know?

I humbly request the topic title be changed to something more ambiguous.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I kinda expected more, maybe mitchell should of shot him in the chest then have baal beg for his life the finish him off

Comment

Originally posted by donk123
                  this has been annoying me for a while now.

The start of the movie: Do they have the real Ba'al or the last clone? If it is he clone, then the real ba'al went into the past and changed history. thats when everything/one starting vanishing inc the clone as baal would have no need for them in the altered time line.

The end, baal still travels into the past but dies in 1930 ish. Why are they at the extraction of the last ba'al clone if he died in over 70 years ago and only created the clones a few years ago.......

I cant get this out of my head. If, it was the last clone that went into the past then there is no problem as the clone was killed and ba'al had his snake taken out...

so in short was is baal or baals clone what went back in time???
                  the guy who traveled in time was the real baal, the one executed on the tokra homeworld was just another clone

btw how did they extract a fully grown symbiont through such a small seringe ? surely thosz things can't be that flexible/compressible/whatever

Comment

From my understanding, the Baal at the Extraction Ceremony was a clone. The time-traveling Baal was the real Baal, who was shot by Mitchell. But that wouldn't change the fact that it's a clone that the Tok'ra is executing if Baal traveled back in time and died after he made his clones. In other words, Baal died in the past, but after he cloned himself. The only way I can think of in Continuum of Baal being the original in the Extraction Ceremony is if SG-1 prevented him from making clones to begin with.

To quote Captain Janeway: "The future is the past, the past is the future. It all gives me a headache."

sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by APOPHIStheGREAT View Post
                        I kinda expected more, maybe mitchell should of shot him in the chest then have baal beg for his life the finish him off
                        Mitchell didn't want to take any chances, and I don't blame him. A head-shot was the best way to go IMO.

And yeah, thinking too hard about this time travel stuff can really give you a headache.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

buuuuuut if the extracted ba'al was a clone then the human clone would have had no memories right? it was my understanding that the only reason the ba'al clones had memories was because goauld memory is stored genetically!
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Now that I remember, when Vala killed Ba'al, and he was split in half, no symbiote ever came out of his head. Who knows; maybe that was not the real Ba'al either. He may not have wanted to risk his presence with so many system lords in one place.

Comment

I've never thought about that, three Ba'als?! It would make sense though, the past one, the future one helping the past one, and then the clone. I sometimes think that there might still be at least one more clone out there...

Comment

Working...
                              X