This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Major" Davis?

Trivial point, but was anyone else dissapointed that good ol' Major Davis hadn't been promoted after spending AT LEAST ten years at that rank (Davis first appeared in S2's "A Matter of Time" and Continuum is set during S5 of Atlantis which would coincide with theoretical 12th season of Sg1). I'm assuming that with the USAF like the RAF promotion past the junior officer ranks (2nd Lt - Cpt) is based on merit, not timescale, but surely Davis has MORE than earned promotion to at LEAST Lt Colonel, if not full bird by this time?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

He didn't save the world singlehandedly enough times.

Comment

Neither do most military officers. But still, at least ten years as a Major seems pretty long to me... considering the high level intelligence work he appears to be doing (though I must admit, I'm not sure of his specific branch), I'd have thought he'd be the next "Colonel Simmons" or "Colonel Maybourne" minus the whole traitor thing...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well I think we can accept that there really is no reason that he is still a major.

Comment

LOL. The kids and I just watched two or three episodes and all had Major Davis. I kept reminding them who he was (they are only 7 and sometimes mix some minor characters up). When I repeated it again for the third time, I paused and said, "Wait a minute, is he still a Major here? WAIT a minute.......heeeeeey! He is still a Major period! What's up with that?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
            LOL. The kids and I just watched two or three episodes and all had Major Davis. I kept reminding them who he was (they are only 7 and sometimes mix some minor characters up). When I repeated it again for the third time, I paused and said, "Wait a minute, is he still a Major here? WAIT a minute.......heeeeeey! He is still a Major period! What's up with that?!"
            Indeed, considering in the same amount of time Carter has gone from Captain to Colonel, that's promoted three times, Davis hasn't been promoted once, it's a bit annoying.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

he he . . . i sorta didn't think about him. He's cool and all but his character is really minor.

But yeah, he should have been promoted!
              "Wøøf!"

Comment

As a minor character, there's even less reason not to promote him, all they have to do is exchange to rank tabs for two others and get Mitchell to call him Colonel instead of Major.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  As a minor character, there's even less reason not to promote him, all they have to do is exchange to rank tabs for two others and get Mitchell to call him Colonel instead of Major.
                  Just thinking about that, wasn;t this the first time we have seen Mitchell and Davis meet 'on screen'.... just a thought
                  Meh.

Comment

Maybe the props department couldn't be bothered to change his suit, even with minor changes, and just dressed him up in the same thing.
                    "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
                      Maybe the props department couldn't be bothered to change his suit, even with minor changes, and just dressed him up in the same thing.
                      Then that would be extremely lazy.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
                        Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        Then that would be extremely lazy.
                        LOL.

But DAvis hasn't been on the show for like.... ages.... surely they wouldn;t have had his suit lying around and would have had to make a new one or whatever...
                        Meh.

Comment

It takes all of ten minutes to change the rank insignia on number one uniform, particularly USAF number ones where the rank insignia is pinned on as opposed to sewn on like the RAF insignia. Sloppy. Basically. And kinda dashed my hopes we'd be seeing a full bird Colonel Davis in Stargate Universe (alongside a Colonel Dixon of course).

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

With the exception of Major Marks (who rose in rank even faster than Carter), they seem to not promote the minor characters. I think Samuels got a promotion at one point but that was in Season 1.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              With the exception of Major Marks (who rose in rank even faster than Carter), they seem to not promote the minor characters. I think Samuels got a promotion at one point but that was in Season 1.
                              Yep, Samuels was promoted. And Col. Kennedy.
                              They also promoted Reynolds. He was first introduced working in Area 51 in season 2 as a Major and then we met him again in season 5 at the SGC as a Lt. Colonel.
                              So yeah, it's an outrage Davis is still a Major Poor guy deserves to be a full colonel by now.
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                              X