Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro error?

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...se-of-the-day/
    Angelus writes: “Just checked out the new episode and I noticed a graphics mistake in the Atlantis intro.”

Answer: Unfortunately, it’s too late to fix this now but, on the bright side, it’s not too late to pick a scapegoat and hold him accountable for this oversight. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Does anyone know what mistake they are referring to?

Yep. Here's the original comment made by that poster:

Hey Joe,

Just checked out the new episode and I noticed a graphics mistake in the Atlantis intro

Right at the end when the camera moves away from Atlantis after introducing David Hewlett and during the “Created By Brad Wright & Robert C. Cooper” bit you can clearly see one of the buildings on the pier is hovering in the air.

Now either there are really flying buildings on Atlantis, or someone forgot to create some ground meshes for the City.

Below is a link to a picture showing you where to look,
    It’s not the best picture though, And yes you can see it more clearly a fraction of a second earlier in the intro.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ntroglitch.jpg

Just thought you should know.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Yep. Here's the original comment made by that poster:
      Wow

someone had to be looking really closely to see this.

Comment

I looked at the title sequence three times and couldn't see that "error" until I saw the above picture...

Who in their right mind (especially for audiences) would be looking so close at, of all things, the title sequence!? I usually just skip over it.

Comment

I like the title sequence, but I don't watch it that closely.

Some needs lifes...

I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

I doubt he went looking for this mistake. He probably just noticed it randomly and pointed it out.

Comment

They don't just use the same sequence every episode per season?
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

They do, and that error's been there since that intro sequence was first used.

Comment

ok even with the picture, i still dont get it? whats so error about it?

Comment

Read the comment I quoted.

Comment

Read the comment I quoted.
                      i read that too but too me it doesnt look like it shovering above air anyways

Comment

I see it, and wow, somebody has a lot of time on their hands.

Comment

It took people over four years to notice that error? I mean, I watch Atlantis in low def-ish DivX most of the time (sometimes as high def x264s), so I have an excuse.

But it took people who watch Atlantis in Hi-Def on big screen TVs four years to notice it? Not to mention the people who work on the show? I mean, they have the master files in super HD and whatnot.

Really, it's their job. I can't believe it's taken this long for this mistake to be noticed, by an outsider. Didn't they have "beta testers" scouring the intro for mistakes? O_o It might look like a tiny mistake to us but to the people behind the show, it's kinda big.

Comment

Not really. Seeing a still photo of it is different from actually watching it. That sequence lasts maybe half or a quarter of a second. It was a miracle that anyone spotted it.

Originally posted by I_haz_a_Cookie View Post
                            i read that too but too me it doesnt look like it shovering above air anyways
                            In that case, watch the end of the intro and concentrate on that spot. The movement of the sequence should reveal the error.

Comment

Not really. Seeing a still photo of it is different from actually watching it. That sequence lasts maybe half or a quarter of a second. It was a miracle that anyone spotted it.
                              The key point here is that they should have people specifically paid to comb episodes for errors like that.

It's understandable for things like that to slip through the cracks in episodes, but in the intro? What were they doing before season 1 debuted? Were there no people hired to bug check the CGI in the intro?

Comment

Working...
                              X