Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did they flew into the wormhole from the BACK of the stargate in the beginning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did they flew into the wormhole from the BACK of the stargate in the beginning?

or did they flew into the wormhole from the BACK of the stargate in the beginning?

We saw the gate being hit, but the thrusters were not making it rotate 180 degrees, but back right side up while they were trying to get back control of the ship.

in any case, jumping through the gate from the back was a big taboo, I thought... that resulted death, no?

I honestly dont know

I cant recall hearing/seeing anything in any SG episode about going the wrong way through a stargate, however they do indeed have an identified front so... you have to wonder

Comment

well we know that things always emerge from the front side of the wormhole and can't emerge from the other side (otherwise the SGC would put an Iris & guards on the other side of the gate as well). but we don't really know what happens if someone tries to enter through the back side.

Comment

I was watching is closely and it looked like the gate corrected itself to face the jumper after the pj crashed into it. I think that means when the pj approached it again it was facing the right way.

Comment

I found it more puzzling that (yet again) the gate only had 8 chevrons.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i think it got restablised so they did go in the right way round, though im not 100% sure if it is a bad thing to in the other way round, i mean esp with a space gate it could be a little confusing!

Comment

Maybe it just "kawooshes" in the direction of whoever has the dialer. Wouldn't make too much sense to have a front and back in space.

Comment

Here be your answer:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=57715
                What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
                Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

Apparently the space gates align itself toward the source of the DHD signal.

So if you fly straight up from the planet surface and enter the gate, it'll actually face toward the planet...

The real question is, what would happen if you spun around the gate just to mess with it? Will it get angry and smack you in the face?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I found it more puzzling that (yet again) the gate only had 8 chevrons.
                    Most gates only have 8 chevrons... The Milky Way gates require only 7 symbols to lock (6 + 1 PoO), and 8 to dial intergalactic gates.

Have we actually seen them using the ninth chevron? I mean, where (or when) would it dial if you input nine chevrons? It establishes a wormhole to Wright and Cooper's office maybe?

Comment

Your missing the point. The gate normally has 9 chevrons but only seven (sometimes 8) are ever locked. The CGI on this gate was messed up and only showed 8
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Your missing the point. The gate normally has 9 chevrons but only seven (sometimes 8) are ever locked. The CGI on this gate was messed up and only showed 8
                        I usually don't even notice little slips like that, to be honest.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Oh right... Forgot about that...

Oh well, let's just assume that Weir stole one of the chevrons cause she was bored waiting for Shepard's jumper...

Comment

I've seen gates with eight and some with nine. I assumed some were either not allowed to dial Wright and Cooper's offices or the Ancients built then at different times during the Gate Network Assembly. Like the eight chevron gates were version 2.0 or something. (The Milky Way gates being versions 1.0 to 1.9.)

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

probably the 9 chevron was used for something that wasn't needed at this gate

Comment

Working...
                              X