PDA

View Full Version : code on screen

luckylad
August 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
when "weir"(d) is talking on the screen some of the things she says arent translated. I just have a theory that weir was a language expert was she trying to warn them in another language or is she just dyslexic

Jeffala
August 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM
To me, it's not translating anything. She seemed to be confused and struggling to get her words to output properly. It was gibberish and then resolved into words or text fragments that were close enough to words to be understood.

I_haz_a_Cookie
August 17th, 2008, 10:49 PM
when "weir"(d) is talking on the screen some of the things she says arent translated. I just have a theory that weir was a language expert was she trying to warn them in another language or is she just dyslexic

i have this odd feeling that the code we all saw can be translated into something i just this hunch that pretty much been bugging me since the end of the episode, it not may be much but i do have a feeling that the producers threw it in there as a teaser for us.

Zamboni
August 18th, 2008, 01:44 PM
The texts say "all your base are belong to us" in l33t...

I_haz_a_Cookie
August 19th, 2008, 03:14 PM
The texts say "all your base are belong to us" in l33t...

proof plz screencaps would a be a nice thing

Hypochondriac
August 20th, 2008, 04:53 AM
It doesn't say that. Looks like they were trying for it though

metabog
August 20th, 2008, 04:56 AM
It was just Elizabeth trying to learn the system.

If anyone has ever seen the move or read the book Sphere, there is a similar entity trying to speak through the computer, and initially it speaks using a keyboard reflected onto a sphere, because it itself was sphere-related (duh). I think Weir was just trying to find a way to adapt the ASCII code to her subspace "spirit" if you will, thus taking a while to learn it, and outputting some useless garbage letters.

Zamboni
August 20th, 2008, 10:18 AM
proof plz screencaps would a be a nice thing

Enjoy (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=57753)

I_haz_a_Cookie
August 20th, 2008, 11:28 AM
OOO sweet, i knew!