RepliWeirFran could be useful...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RepliWeirFran could be useful...

Let's go pick her up in the Deddy and unfreeze her once we have constructed a lab on another planet where she can construct a flesh and blood body where she cannot harm us until we are also able to harm her. Once she is flesh and blood, invite her back to Atlantis where she becomes Chief Technology Officer in charge of introducing us to the Ancient database. In this role she will supervise the manufacture and implementation of useful Ancient tech such as ZPM's, satellite defenses, drone production, ship production (PJ, Aurora class, transport, & whatever other awesome ships the Ancients had) and new tech R&D.

Of course this could never be done because then TPTB would have to create a new, more advanced evil race as the Wraith wouldn't cut it anymore. Then they'd overshoot that goal and end up creating a race that is so ridicilously advanced that they then need to create some crazy device like, oh, say a box, that can make people who look into it believe whatever you want.

OK, sorry about that rant. I am still a wee bit disappointed with the turn SG-1 took and I hope it doesn't happen with Atlantis.

To summarize my post, why don't we wake up RepliWeirFran and make her do our manufacturing/technological bidding? She owes that much.

Originally posted by 1LostFurling View Post
    To summarize my post, why don't we wake up RepliWeirFran and make her do our manufacturing/technological bidding? She owes that much.
    Well we don't know that she can make a Human body on her own (it's not like she was depicted as having all the knowledge of the Asurans) and keeping her as a replicator is a risk they are unwilling to take. As they said, a host of things could go wrong, including the potential for her to consciousness to be reset on the drop of a dime (like Niam's was) if there are others out there.
    Last edited by Xaeden; 17 August 2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

If they don't want to "unfreeze" repliweir, fine. Create a new Fran and use her to learn more about Atlantis tech.

Create a few of them and program them so they are not capable of harming humans and you would have one hell of a resource there.

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_G0d View Post
        Create a few of them and program them so they are not capable of harming humans and you would have one hell of a resource there.
        What, like a race of free slaves? No.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LostFurling View Post
          OK, sorry about that rant. I am still a wee bit disappointed with the turn SG-1 took and I hope it doesn't happen with Atlantis.

I fully agree that it would be interesting to have a RepliWeirFran as a (regular :-D ) team member.

Unfortunately, there are certain rules that wouldn't allow this to happen :
          - the humans are supposed to deal with the galactic problems all by themselves
          - the humans must stand alone against as many evil races as possible
          - any cool technology/weapon/alien_ship can't last more than 1 episode (or 2 if it's a two-part episode) . However , the team can easily use or repair any advanced equipment as long as it's neccessary to solve the crysis just before the episode end.
          - every episode must demonstrate how capable are the human soldiers and scientists : it is unacceptable to have any advanced and friendly creature on board for more than 1 episode

From my point of view the lack of long-term allies is a major flaw in SGA : too frequently does the human team solve problems that are way beyond the current technological level.
          Last edited by HyperspaceDaemon; 22 August 2008, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X