This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter's command position (by EATG)

I did a quick search and i dont think there's a thread about this, if there is, forgive. Anyways, I was just reading information for the season finale 'Enemy at the Gate' and i was reading :

Spoiler:
    As such, the next time we see Carter (in episode 20), she'll have assumed another command position.

so, any ideas what her new command position might be? personally, i was thinking she might be in command of a new 304 ship. possibly the Phoenix.
    Last edited by Lewisco; 17 August 2008, 12:23 PM.
    "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
    O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
    Woolsey: What does that mean?
    O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Maybe she will command the retired Jack O'Neill.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Would that be in charge of homeworld security? That would be a possibility, but i hope its something more exciting
      i love seeing Carter kick some ass.
      "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
      O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
      Woolsey: What does that mean?
      O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

I had an idea long ago and this what i thought.

Jack retires and Landry takes the place of Home World Security (since he is already a General). Then Carter is promoted to General and takes over the SGC. Now that Jack is no longer in the Military he proposes to Carter and she accepts. If they renew the show for a six season we could see a marriage scene in it.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it's a bit of a stretch for Carter to have been promoted twice in such a short time, I'm guessing she's either in command of a 304, or some sort of research project/base.

Comment

It would be about the same as Jack. He was promoted at the begining of season 8 and again at the begining of season 9 (or end of season 8) this would be about 2 years. give or take a a few months.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, Carter is a Colonel now, and so are Caldwell and Ellis (who command the BC-304s). The new threat in the Pegasus Galaxy from the new enemy in the mid-season 2 parter would probably be used to explain the new 304 Phoenix (in the alt. timeline it was rushed into production because of Michael, now it can be rushed because of the new enemy). Add the 2 together and Carter = Colonel = 304 Commander = the Phoenix = combating the new Pegasus threat ( Phew)

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Don't quote me on this, I'm not sure how reliable the info is, but I heard that Mitchell's getting command of the Phoenix. Personally, I'd rather have him get command instead of Sam, since I feel she's been away from Earth WAY too long! I'm thinking Sam should take over for Landry running the SGC, and Landry could get Head of Homeworld Security. And of course Sam and Jack get married in the next movie! That would be perfect!
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

where did you hear that about mitchell?
                  sounds untrue to me as i didnt think they were conidering him for an sga crossover.
                  carter and the phoenix would be cool, but i want to see her on the ground still kicking ass with her p-90

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                  Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                  SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2
                    Question is, if Colonel Carter is given her own ship, and it is NOT the Odyssey, what has happened to the Odyssey? (Sorry off topic I know!)
                    It is still being repaired.
                    Spoiler:
                    From when the replicator bugs eat it in the ark of truth

Comment

Originally posted by Xeon_1 View Post
                      It is still being repaired.
                      Spoiler:
                      From when the replicator bugs eat it in the ark of truth
                      Thanks for the clarification. (Accidentally deleted my original post!)
                      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I find it highly unlikely she is in charge of the SGC. I think the most logical answer is some offworld base or she is back to Area 51
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LT.Adams View Post
                          It would be about the same as Jack. He was promoted at the begining of season 8 and again at the begining of season 9 (or end of season 8) this would be about 2 years. give or take a a few months.
                          I think it's different once you're a General, they seem to be promoted on an as needed basis type of thing.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Don't quote me on this, I'm not sure how reliable the info is, but I heard that Mitchell's getting command of the Phoenix. Personally, I'd rather have him get command instead of Sam, since I feel she's been away from Earth WAY too long! I'm thinking Sam should take over for Landry running the SGC, and Landry could get Head of Homeworld Security. And of course Sam and Jack get married in the next movie! That would be perfect!
                          Would seem a bit out of place IMO, he really didn't want to take command of the Odyssey in AoT, it would seem strange if he suddenly got that sort of job permanently.
                          Last edited by jenks; 17 August 2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I find it highly unlikely she is in charge of the SGC. I think the most logical answer is some offworld base or she is back to Area 51
                            Sam's probably in charge of R&D or another department at Area 51 or in command of a 304 imo. why would she be in charge of an offworld base? I think that's highly unlikely especially since she's supposed to appear in the season finale which may take place in Vegas (Earth)
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              I think it's different once you're a General, they seem to be promoted on an as needed basis type of thing.
                              yeah and Jack was simply the best person to replace Hammond at HWS

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Would seem a bit out of place IMO, he really didn't want to take command of the Odyssey in AoT, I would seem strange if he suddenly got that sort of job permanently.
                              also who would be in charge of SG-1 in the movies if Mitchell were to be in command of a 304? I think TBTB won't change the current SG-1
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X