Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that the last we have seen of the Replicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that the last we have seen of the Replicators?

Spoilers for everything, including Ghost in the Machine...

So is it?
    I have spoken out against the inclusion of the Replicators in Atlantis since the first Asuran episode, but after watching Ghost in the Machine I found myself thinking: is that it?

If that was the last episode that we will ever see of the Replicators, it was a poor way to send out a secondary villain of two shows (yes i know MW and PG reps are different, so stfu).

I find myself wanting two conflicting things: for the Reps to never be seen again, bring in something new, as well as a massive send off episode (which we had in BAMSR but the writers couldn;t leave them alone)
    Meh.

I sure hope so, the Asurans are done.
    I love the real Replicators though.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

well considering the latest episode, atlantis just pissed them off even though they werent gonna do anything
      sigpic
      100 million light years away from earth:
      Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

I dont know why they might be shown again but I wouldnt mind seeing them again personally.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I hope not. I've always loved them, and I still do. I really want to see how the story progresses from here. I mean, they know where Weir is now; she's just a dialing away.

Comment

it appears I'm in the minority here. I'm tired of replicators and want this to finally be the end of them.
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 17 August 2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Probably not: But havn't they set themselves up for later? I mean think about what they did; they said 'you guys can go try and ascend', and instead they dumpted them in the big empty! Didn't they learn from what SG-1 did to 5th and the other replicators before? Those guys thaw out, and they are going to be seriously upset. They were wiling to destoy Atlantis before just to get new bodies, what will they do after being sent to die?

Wouldn't it be better to give them replibodys, then show them the Ascention device that Rodney accidently used on himself, of take them to that planet with the time dilation field where those ancients were trying to ascend?

But I am a little tired of replicators (don't feel bad, I'm tired of Klingons in Star Trek too); lets start seeing those races hiding from the Wraith.

The big land grab for Pegasas is about to start!

Comment

It was Weir's idea to dump the bodies in space, not the expedition's.

Comment

I too am getting tired of the replicators, both in the PG and the MW.

They were great at first, but they have kind of over done it. Move along, nothing to see here.

Granted It would have been nice to get a better ending for the Asurans, but what can you do. However, I also feel the same about the whole Micheal story arc, and in fact the whole wraith story arc. I personnel can't wait for the new aliens in the mid-season cliffhanger. Also I want to see the travelers again, and explain more about Ronan's gun.

Less Reps/Wraith more humans/aliens...

I also miss the Genii *tear*

Comment

Maybe they will levitate into a "PICK US UP!" group form in space. Maybe a Traveler ship or an other alien group will find them. I was always expected to hear a backstory between the Pegasus and MW replicators, but they never made it.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I honestly prefer the ORIGINAL replicators over the human forms.
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

oh man i hope so
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

my guess is that they we be picked up by someone, then Wiers group will take control of the ship that picked them up and proceed to harvest the other reps floating throughout space. Then they will repilcate!!

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                            it appears I'm in the minority here. I'm tired of replicators and want this to finally be the end of them.
                            I don't want the Asurans back either .
                            Reviving them would imply that they come back as angry enemies . Such an episode would be a waste of time if it ever happens.

What i dislike most is how this group of "good" Asurans was dealt with by the writers: why didn't they let these surviving Asurans remain some sort of non-trustworthy possible friends ? Why does SGA need to be so "black or white" instead of introducing more shades of gray into the show ?!

Comment

The whole point of the end was that it was a "shades of grey" issue, but delt with black-or-white-like because it was necessary. That's why it was so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X