Heaven
August 17th, 2008, 02:47 AM
if the Asgard had this technology it could have solved their cloning problem

:(

MechaThor
August 17th, 2008, 04:17 AM
if the Asgard had this technology it could have solved their cloning problem

:(

Yes But it would go against the enemy they have been fighting all them years. I am sure they thought of it as a solution but saw it as 1. to risky to do and 2. would make them no better than their mortal enemy.

Gate-builder
August 17th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Yes But it would go against the enemy they have been fighting all them years. I am sure they thought of it as a solution but saw it as 1. to risky to do and 2. would make them no better than their mortal enemy.

Indeed. If you were dying and you had the option, would you upload your conciousness into a clone of Hitler for example? The Asgard would have seen becoming replicators as something similar I would imagine.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
August 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM
And they probably had no idea that Replicators could build human bodies. The ones they were familiar with never demonstrated such an ability.

Wayston
August 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM
asgard technology was good and impressive for 20th century humans, but nowhere near the technological level of the ancients

undoubtedly the writers could have come up with many solutions on how the asgards could be saved, but I guess they thought it was more fun to kill them off and I agree with them

perkin127
August 17th, 2008, 10:38 AM
And they probably had no idea that Replicators could build human bodies. The ones they were familiar with never demonstrated such an ability.

i agree as far as im aware the milky way replicators were machines, even the human form replicators were still replicators, and correct me if im wrong but we dont find out about humans being made by the replicators in season 4s this mortal coil, after the destruction of the asguard.

YutheGreat
August 17th, 2008, 04:45 PM
If it worked. I doubt it. The replicators have massive amounts of data I am not sure the human brain can hanndle it. The last time it happened was when Carter was taken over by a machine race virus.

Besides, The Asgards could clone humans and they can transfer consciousness so they have the technology. As Loki put it "Your brains cannot handdle our massively superior intellect."

cynatnite
August 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Considering the havoc replicators spread across two galaxies I can't imagine them wanting to risk building more. That's not to mention how they would be treated by their allies. SG1 would never trust them if they turned themselves into replicators.

jaytan
August 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Isn't there one Asgard left, working on the Daedalus? Why don't they just clone him? That would keep the race alive.

PG15
August 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
No, Hermiod's gone too.

Zamboni
August 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM
No, Hermiod's gone too.Every time I see Hermiod's name, I think "Hemorrhoids"...

Heaven
August 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Besides, The Asgards could clone humans and they can transfer consciousness so they have the technology. As Loki put it "Your brains cannot handdle our massively superior intellect."
yes but if they have the technology to manufacture humans surely it can be used to manufacture Asgard bodies just as easily.
no need for cloning anymore.

melfan
August 18th, 2008, 03:01 AM
No, Hermiod's gone too.

Are we sure?

PG15
August 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Well, I suppose not. But we haven't seen him since Unending so...

GoSpikey
August 19th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Maybe Janus is working on fixing that Asgard problem? :P

wise one
August 19th, 2008, 09:07 AM
nanites wouldnt of solved the cloning problem even if you did have a repliactor asgard body and just downloaded its mind to it

the asgard problem was in its DNA i think so nanites would be able to do anything

and i would think it would go against the asgard if they had a new nanite body since they would be asgard anymore and be seen as replicators

YutheGreat
August 19th, 2008, 05:19 PM
nanites wouldnt of solved the cloning problem even if you did have a repliactor asgard body and just downloaded its mind to it

the asgard problem was in its DNA i think so nanites would be able to do anything

and i would think it would go against the asgard if they had a new nanite body since they would be asgard anymore and be seen as replicators

I agree. The Asgards have the technology to transfer their consciousness into machines. Thor has been uploaded into many of their ships: Anubis Hatak, The Daniel Jackson. They can do that even without replicator technology. The result however is that they are no longer Asgard. They would no longer be able to feel etc. They would be like Cylons.

I also think they realize their salvation was no longer through technology.

kymeric
August 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM
but why wuld they wanna shift out of those cute little grey bodies with no reproductive organs?!?!?!

( < >..< > )

Heaven
August 21st, 2008, 05:47 AM
you guys missed my point entirely

the replicators have the technology to manufacture human bodies that are exact replicas of the original down to the molecular level
it's essentially the same as cloning only there's no degradation - problem solved

Anubis-
August 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM

the replicators have the technology to manufacture human bodies that are exact replicas of the original down to the molecular level
it's essentially the same as cloning only there's no degradation - problem solved

If there was way to fix proglem, Asgard would fixed already it. It seems that Ancients himself did not make clone from his body, I assumes that if wraith feed, then he is dead, not make clone. Maybe Ancients himself could not do perfect clones.

Edit
And Asgard also got technology to manufacture human bodies, that are exact replicas of the orginal. the proglem is hundreds of clone trought century not actually makin clone.

Invictus
August 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM

That's a theory, but like Wayston said : "undoubtedly the writers could have come up with many solutions on how the asgards could be saved, but I guess they thought it was more fun to kill them off and I agree with them"
There wore countless variations how to save The Asgard, but that's that, end of story.

Invictus
August 22nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Every time I see Hermiod's name, I think "Hemorrhoids"...

:lol: Interesting thing this human mind. :D

Nemises
September 24th, 2008, 10:58 AM
they make a new human body not a clone.