could have saved the Asgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could have saved the Asgard

if the Asgard had this technology it could have solved their cloning problem

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
    if the Asgard had this technology it could have solved their cloning problem

Yes But it would go against the enemy they have been fighting all them years. I am sure they thought of it as a solution but saw it as 1. to risky to do and 2. would make them no better than their mortal enemy.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
      Yes But it would go against the enemy they have been fighting all them years. I am sure they thought of it as a solution but saw it as 1. to risky to do and 2. would make them no better than their mortal enemy.
      Indeed. If you were dying and you had the option, would you upload your conciousness into a clone of Hitler for example? The Asgard would have seen becoming replicators as something similar I would imagine.
      sigpic

Comment

And they probably had no idea that Replicators could build human bodies. The ones they were familiar with never demonstrated such an ability.

Comment

asgard technology was good and impressive for 20th century humans, but nowhere near the technological level of the ancients

undoubtedly the writers could have come up with many solutions on how the asgards could be saved, but I guess they thought it was more fun to kill them off and I agree with them
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
            And they probably had no idea that Replicators could build human bodies. The ones they were familiar with never demonstrated such an ability.

i agree as far as im aware the milky way replicators were machines, even the human form replicators were still replicators, and correct me if im wrong but we dont find out about humans being made by the replicators in season 4s this mortal coil, after the destruction of the asguard.

Comment

If it worked. I doubt it. The replicators have massive amounts of data I am not sure the human brain can hanndle it. The last time it happened was when Carter was taken over by a machine race virus.

Besides, The Asgards could clone humans and they can transfer consciousness so they have the technology. As Loki put it "Your brains cannot handdle our massively superior intellect."
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Considering the havoc replicators spread across two galaxies I can't imagine them wanting to risk building more. That's not to mention how they would be treated by their allies. SG1 would never trust them if they turned themselves into replicators.

Comment

Isn't there one Asgard left, working on the Daedalus? Why don't they just clone him? That would keep the race alive.

Comment

No, Hermiod's gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      No, Hermiod's gone too.
                      Every time I see Hermiod's name, I think "Hemorrhoids"...

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                        Besides, The Asgards could clone humans and they can transfer consciousness so they have the technology. As Loki put it "Your brains cannot handdle our massively superior intellect."
                        yes but if they have the technology to manufacture humans surely it can be used to manufacture Asgard bodies just as easily.
                        no need for cloning anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          No, Hermiod's gone too.
                          Are we sure?
                          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Well, I suppose not. But we haven't seen him since Unending so...

Comment

Maybe Janus is working on fixing that Asgard problem?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                              X