Where were the ARG's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where were the ARG's?

In every other episode, they have always had ARG's in hand even without any immediate Asuran threat. They even had them still in "Doppelganger" despite having defeated the Asurans just 2 episodes previously. Even the Odyssey was carrying ARG's to another galaxy in "Ark of Truth".

I know, it would have defeated the purpose of the episode if they just did this but shouldn't they have just let the Asurans go into bodies then blast them with the ARG's? How can this be explained away?

Vala,

They thought they killed them all? Nah, plot hole!
    sigpic

Comment

Didn't they adapt to the ARG settings when McKay expanded the shield of the puddle jumper down into the Asurian city? That would make them sadly useless.
      sigpic

Comment

What ARG's?

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
          What ARG's?
          Anti-Replicator Gobbledegooks.

Comment

What ARG's?
            anti-replicator gun. todd/rodney said in BAMSR that the replicators had probably become immune to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
              Anti-Replicator Gobbledegooks.
              Of course, Gobbledegooks are better than anti-replicator guns. Shep says so.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                anti-replicator gun. todd/rodney said in BAMSR that the replicators had probably become immune to them.
                I put a next to the question because I was being sarcastic. Guess I should write it out next time.

Comment

I put a next to the question because I was being sarcastic. Guess I should write it out next time.
                  it's too early to detect sarcasm for me.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                    it's too early to detect sarcasm for me.
                    I think she / he was actually being rhetorical, not sarcastic.

A "sarcastic" remark would have been more along the lines of "ARGs are overrated"...

Although judging from the lackluster performance of ARGs as of late, that statement actually isn't all that sarcastic.

They should really develop a new gun. Call it MPAA - Mini Pwner Asgard Armament... It's a gun that fires Asgard pwner beams...

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                      I think she / he was actually being rhetorical, not sarcastic.

A "sarcastic" remark would have been more along the lines of "ARGs are overrated"...

Although judging from the lackluster performance of ARGs as of late, that statement actually isn't all that sarcastic.

They should really develop a new gun. Call it MPAA - Mini Pwner Asgard Armament... It's a gun that fires Asgard pwner beams...
                      They could also get a Ballistic Ori Operating Bazooka. I can hear Shep asking for it now.

Comment

They could also get a Ballistic Ori Operating Bazooka. I can hear Shep asking for it now.
                        What makes an Ori ballistic?

Comment

I think Ronan shot a Replicator useing an ARG in Be All My Sins Remembered so Mckay could get into that Replicator control room, which means that the replicators hadn't adapted to them yet.

My only guess would be that they sent the ARG's back to Earth after the Replicators were defeated. Of course one would think they would have a couple stored in the armory. Sigh...Looks like we have a plot hole....ha.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                            I think Ronan shot a Replicator useing an ARG in Be All My Sins Remembered so Mckay could get into that Replicator control room, which means that the replicators hadn't adapted to them yet.

My only guess would be that they sent the ARG's back to Earth after the Replicators were defeated. Of course one would think they would have a couple stored in the armory. Sigh...Looks like we have a plot hole....ha.
                            Ronon didn't shoot any replicators in BAMSR. Ronon, McKay and the marines were beamed directly into the control room, and never encountered any replicators(seeing as how they were busy with F.R.A.N. and the ships in orbit).

Comment

There were no ARG's in "Ghost in the Machine" due to the fact that the replicators have been immune to current anti-replicator technology ever since "Lifeline". The new replicator bodies were much like those in the episode "Outcast," they could only perform minor repairs and were immune to ARG's, yet these bodies couldn't shape shift or replicate(because the safe guards built directly into the nanites were left intact). So, with ARG's no longer effective at the moment, there was no need for them to be in the episode, thats why we didn't see any.

Also, before anyone brings it up, they did have ARG's in BAMSR while guarding F.R.A.N. and while on the planet. F.R.A.N. had no experience with ARG's, so she had no protection against them; and Ronon and the marines did carry ARG's with them during the Battle of Asuras, but they probably would have been ineffective, at most just slowing a replicator down for a second.

Comment

Working...
                              X