Why only eight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why only eight?

Why were there only 8 replicators? I expected Niams faction to be at least bigger. The standard Aurora has hundreds of crew members. I know a lot of them were destroyed but they can reproduce. What do you think?

Are there others hiding in subspace?
    Stargate Revival Please!

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
    Are there others hiding in subspace?
    I hope not. this episode needs to be the end to the whole replicator mess. (my opinion) if there's a S6 though, I wouldn't be surprised if more show up.

Comment

Weir was probably keeping a tight rein on her power. Those that didn't agree with her were destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        Weir was probably keeping a tight rein on her power. Those that didn't agree with her were destroyed.
        I do not think it is a Weir thing to do.
        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
          I do not think it is a Weir thing to do.
          why not? she knows as well as anyone else - probably more - how big a problem the replicators are. If any were getting restless and showing that behaviour, she should have definitely destroyed them quick smart.

Comment

Maybe the others were lost in subspace or trying to get to subspace?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
              why not? she knows as well as anyone else - probably more - how big a problem the replicators are. If any were getting restless and showing that behaviour, she should have definitely destroyed them quick smart.
              Yep, she'll put a hand in your head if you misbehave.

Comment

They where on the run, Oberoth may had the rest destoryed and only 8 survived and that was all who where left after Atlantis blew up Their homeworld
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

We saw an entire atlantis full of replicator rebels destroyed, and they said Oberoth killed or reprogrammed most of them. 8 is realistic.

Comment

And while I doubt that Weir killed any, it's in-character for her to have imposed a stricture on replication. Can't trust that the new Replicators would be of the same mind as them anyway, and their focus was on ascension rather than reproduction.

Comment

why not 8, i dont think they could have made the episode be realistic if they had any more i mean, if just weir sent the city into chaos ang more than 8 and it surely atlantis would have just expolded or something!

Comment

8 extras was probably all the budget would allow for

in terms of the story, if weir had brought 39 of her best robot friends, that'd be a lot to handle on the screen as well as be rather threatening. while 8 is more managable and affordable
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it looks like, counting from the bodies on board the warship's bridge scene as the camera pans and scans around before the camera focused on repli-Weir and said 'we can begin', there were only 8 on board. It may be likely that the 8 were the only ones left that Oberoth wasnt able to capture. The warship they escape in was also likely disassembled for parts for building the euipment and machine that help them with their version of ascension.

Comment

Working...
                          X