ZPM Manufacturing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM Manufacturing

Ok so I know it wouldn't make much sense from a plot's perspective.

But one thing that's allways bogged my mind with atlantis is why the heck is there no lab with ZPM manufacturing capabilities.

Or maybe there is one, the team just haven't found it yet. Allthough that wouldn't make much sense because then the replicators wouldn't have needed to bring their own ZPM's with them to power up Atlantis.

what I mean Atlantis is meant as an outpost, wouldn't make much sense to build an outpost that would eventually run out of batteries and not have it have it's own battery production line.

Just a thought, and once again I know it wouldn't make much sense for the plot. Wohoo we found a ZPM factory, McKay starts jumping with joy, and suddenly they'd have all the power they ever needed and more.

Then again maybe they could find such a lab, only ZPM manifacturing requires some rare minerals etc. and that's why the replicators brought their own.

Originally posted by Cruor View Post

But one thing that's allways bogged my mind with atlantis is why the heck is there no lab with ZPM manufacturing capabilities.

Or maybe there is one, the team just haven't found it yet. Allthough that wouldn't make much sense because then the replicators wouldn't have needed to bring their own ZPM's with them to power up Atlantis.

what I mean Atlantis is meant as an outpost, wouldn't make much sense to build an outpost that would eventually run out of batteries and not have it have it's own battery production line.

Just a thought, and once again I know it wouldn't make much sense for the plot. Wohoo we found a ZPM factory, McKay starts jumping with joy, and suddenly they'd have all the power they ever needed and more.

Then again maybe they could find such a lab, only ZPM manifacturing requires some rare minerals etc. and that's why the replicators brought their own.

It is possible that in the final seige of Atlantis a wraith got on and destroyed the zpm machine eventually leading to the Ancients leaving.

And Atlantis is not an outpost, it is their city.
    sigpic

Comment

ZPM factory...somewhere behind a Green Stargate.
      Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

I'd rather stick with the city idea or rather the lifeboat theory. Atlantis was meant for transporting from 1 settlement to another. Once they find the right place, the people start expanding and striving.

They go to a planet, install a gate, start building an actual city with whatever facility they may need, ultimately they make some dedicated plants/factories to provide the other colonies.

A ZPM factory? the best we may find would be blueprints of it (and probably the same for Auroras, Jumpers, drones and all the other stuff).
        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

the 3 zpms that they had would power the city with shields up, and much longer with shields down, for 100 generations. now if you have a power source that lasted 100 generations would you biuld a factory and pump out 3 a week or make them as needed. with extra zpms lying everywhere ist just a recipe for disaster because if there tampered with they could cause massive damage.

now what would be awsom is a machine that fills up a zpm again thereby making it 100% operational if it gets depleted. all a zpm is is a self contained pocket of subspace time which it then draws power from untill there is no more power to draw making it depleted. well if that is true then all you need to do is build a machine to put another pocket of subspace time in there. i could see there being a machine in atlantis to do that.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
            the 3 zpms that they had would power the city with shields up, and much longer with shields down, for 100 generations. now if you have a power source that lasted 100 generations would you biuld a factory and pump out 3 a week or make them as needed. with extra zpms lying everywhere ist just a recipe for disaster because if there tampered with they could cause massive damage.

now what would be awsom is a machine that fills up a zpm again thereby making it 100% operational if it gets depleted. all a zpm is is a self contained pocket of subspace time which it then draws power from untill there is no more power to draw making it depleted. well if that is true then all you need to do is build a machine to put another pocket of subspace time in there. i could see there being a machine in atlantis to do that.

I dont think you can "fill up" another smaller universe that the zpm draws its power from...
            Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
            Anime signature in spoiler tag
            Spoiler:
            Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

maybe the Ancient took the Zmp building equipment with them to Milkyway.
              Morgan Le Fay told Daniel the Ancient could not rebuild their empire in milkyway again, which mean they had tried.

Remember Merlin plug his head into the device to built weapon, what if building a ZMP require some super smart people interface with some sort of matter replicator .
              The Ori ship and satelite weapon require a Prior to bring it to life,as describe by the people who saw it.
              Daniel with Merlin's mind interface with an Ori device like Merlin's head plugging thing to finish the anti-asending being wepon.
              what if it is something like that head plugging thing with a super smart mind together to buikld a ZPM or a drone.

Comment

Maybe the materials for the ZPM are only found in their home galaxy or maybe they require some sort of rare galactic event to make them?

Comment

Potentialy the hardest part about makinga ZPM is noth creating the mini universe. Rather, it's separating teh subspace/tiem from the toer dimensions 9probably to get around the problem of exotic particles). After all, it's theoreticaly possible to create a big bag artificialy.

Comment

...Ooh... What a great episode idea...

McKay is doing some surveys in a half flooded section of the city with Radek, and company, when they come across a large door that is different from all the other doors they have seen in Atlantis. They walk over and try to open the door, but it's locked. They finally get the door open a few moments later. The room is dark and they can't make anything out, but after they step into the room, the lights flicker on. They find a large room filled with Ancient machinery and tech, with 4 ZPMs in some sort of micro-suspension chambers along the wall. There are about a half dozen more of the chambers (these empty) along the wall. McKay and everyone else immediately call Woolsy down: "There's something you're definitively going to want and see..."

[Opening Credits; commercials]

Everyone is quickly buzzing around checking things out, when Woolsy walks in. McKay explains (with great exuberance) that they think its some sort of "ZedPM" manufacturing facility. He goes into detail why he thinks the Ancients have one on Atlantis, etc.

Now, from here, I'm not quite sure where to go, but its the start of a great episode. Perhaps something is wrong with the ZPM's and they go to put all three in and they start to overload, but McKay can't get them out of the ZPM holder-machine-thingy. Mean while, Chuck (control room dude, remember?) Notices 8 Hive ships drop out of hyperspace. They all assume the worst and try to cloak the city, but the ZMPs won't exactly work, since they're busy overloading. Suddenly, the intercom crackles to life, and a Wraith voice assures them that Atlantis will definitively be destroyed this time. Woolsy and company are a bit confused about the threat, but then Chuck has something interesting: He's only detecting life signs on one, of the eight Wraith Hives...

Meanwhile Mckay, Radek, and a few techs are trying to fix the ZPM problem is time, but to no avail. McKay gets a radio status report informing him that only one of the Hives have any Wraith on board. He's perplexed, but then it comes to him (and Radek) at the same time: kamikaze Hives. There going to fly 7 hive ships in to Atlantis.

Everyone starts to seriously panic. At the same time Chuck announces that seven of the eight hive ships are breaking orbit, and have set course strait for Atlantis. Of course, the shields are still down (with the ZPMs slowly overloading, they got Atlantis Error 406: Problem With ZPM Power Distribution, so they can't raise the shield.) Mckay is seriously panicking, furiously typing away on a laptop, trying to fix the ZPM problem. Out of sheer luck, he and Radek manage to eject all three of the tainted ZPMs half way. They then try to pull them out the rest of the way but they can't. Chuck announces: "1.6 minutes until first hive ship impact". Perhaps we get some sexy CGI shots here of seven Hive ships heading for Atlantis.

Mckay finally announces that he thinks they almost have the bad ZPMs out, but isn't quite sure. Sheppard and Woolsy don't like the sound of that, so Sheppard rounds up everyone who can fly a jumper and they set off. The plan is to cloak the jumpers and destroy the Hives' sublight engines, before they hit Atlantis.

Back down in the ZPM room, things are not well. The ZPMs half ejected, and they can't get them out, but they are still overloading. McKay and Radek finally have to climb up onto the "ZPM holder-machine thingy" and pull hard to get them out. McKay announces their recent little victory to Woolsy. "45 seconds to first impact", Chuck announces. Radek finally decides they should put their ZPM and the fourth ZPM (from the lab) in and hope for the best. McKay protests, but realizes there are out of options. Radek runs for the transporter to get back the the lab. McKay updates Woolsy. "30 seconds".

Sheppard and the teams where not having much luck either. Turns out the Wraith hives had blown all their major systems to prevent the exact thing Sheppard was trying to do now; the Hives where just coasting in on Atlantis.

Radek finally got into the lab and grabbed the fourth ZPM. Running back for the transporter, with only 20 seconds on the clock. Finally back in the ZPM room with McKay, they stick the last ZPM in. (McKay had already put their's back in). After the ZPM from the lab is put in and activated, McKay notices it is putting out as much power as two ZPMs. With about 15 seconds on the clock, McKay starts up the stardrive, to lift off the city, after realizing that even Atlantis' shield couldn't withstand the blasts from the overloading ZMPs.

OK, I'm tired of typing, so here is the abridged version:

Long story short, the 1st hive grazes the edge of one of the piers, and a few seconds later crashes into the ocean. When the Hive hits, Chuck dies in an explosion. They beam the three tainted ZPMs out into midair, where they detonate, but not before almost all the jumpers (with the exception of three) make it into orbit, where they then have to face the one orbiting Hive.

Moments after beaming the bad ZMPs away, they detonate, rocking Atlantis, and challenging it's shields (which McKay had risen just seconds before). More people die. Though, when the ZPMs exploded, they wipe out the remaining 6 hives 9and a heck of a lot more)

Sheppard and the jumper teams whiteness three massive explosions, and fear the worst for Atlantis. All radio communications are lost, and the episode ends with Sheppard and his fantastic "Holy-crap" face, saying "Atlantis, this is Sheppard, come in please..." With that, the episode ends with the three words that any Stargate fan hates: "TO BE CONTINUED"

Any way, sorry about that little rant, feel free to make modifications to it or what ever. And yes, I know some parts of it are a little incorrect, but they can be fixed, right?

~M!

Comment

Wow, that was long.

The unabridged version was even longer....

Comment

Well I do not think we ordinary humans can produce them in large number, because you would have to create an artificial region of subspace-time. So I think it would require tech on a level we do not have. We know that even the Ancients didn't make a huge amount of them (or there must be a lot of them hidden somewhere).

But maybe we can use small group of nanites built for this purpose, we know the Asurans use nanites for fast construction.

Maybe Fran 3.0:One always wishes to fulfil one's purpose.

Comment

Ok granted 3 ZPM's would have lasted the Ancients a very very long time in a peaceful situation. But surely they must have anticipated the potential of meeting hostile races once moving Atlantis to the pegasus from Earth. They couldn't just assume they're the most advanced species in all galaxies across all the universe.

One perplexing thing though, When the alterans fled from the ori galaxy to the milkyway, they were a rather small group that fitted upon one granted gigantic ship that breaks out of the mountain in "Stargate - The Ark of Truth".

Upon arriving on Earth it would seem they never established any grounded cities at least not technologically advanced ones. Unless Dakara or some other planet served as the construction site and Atlantis were created there and then moved on to Earth. Since all the remnants of the Ancients on earth is the outpost in Antarctica. Surely they would have needed housing etc. while constructing their capitol city Atlantis.

So from the time they arrived in Milkyway in the "one" ship, they must have constructed Atlantis and a whole lot of Aurora class ships etc. which they then took along with them to the Pegasus galaxy.

So the question remains where did they get all these ZPM's from. I doubt they can be manifactured by hand so somewhere somehow there has got to be a ZPM plant. Either on some planet not yet explored in the Milkyway galaxy or somewhere on Atlantis.

Surely They couldn't have brought so many ZPM's with them from the Ori galaxy if they even used ZPM's back then.

Just a rant about the causality of it all.

And I definently think there's the possibility of an episode featuring this. Either if SGC discovers one back in the Milky Way or if the Atlantis team finds one in Atlantis, but like I mentioned before the minerals that would be needed to create the protective shell of the ZPM is rare indeed. Not to mention the process of establishing the pocket of subspace-time.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post

yea i've also thought of the idea of having a zpm refill station that they would go to and get the zpm's re-energized.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

yes, and where would you get the power from?

Comment

Working...
                              X