Woolsey's Leadership shine here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolsey's Leadership shine here

Woolsey's handling of the situation was impeccable.

It was one giant bluff when the city sank but it was still cool.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Woolsey has been impressing me this seasaon. Last night's episode just scored more points.
      sigpic

Comment

I felt like he was about to cave though, he didn't seem as sure of his bluff as he wanted the others to believe.

We'll never know of course, but a few seconds more and he would have.

I was saying to my sister that this - "OMG, I'm going to die! OMG, I'm such an idiot. I'm going to die! How stupid could I be?" - was going through his mind. She giggled and concurred.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Woolsey was so THE MAN in this episode. I loved it to bits. As I said in another thread, no one will be playing poker with him anytime soon! He was a good negotiator too. And it was nice of WeirFran to say that he's capable at the end. I think he is showing he is way more than capable at this point.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Woolsey has been impressing me this seasaon. Last night's episode just scored more points.

I'm hoping he keeps this more serious role and doesn't revert back to a comedy act in next week's episode. I like "clueless" woolsey, but it would get old quick I think. there was a balance between the two in this.

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm becoming a woolsey fan.
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 16 August 2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I've always been a Woolsey fan, but Woolsey ROCKED in this ep. It was nice to see a balance between the seriousness and comic relief "door-on-his-face" stuff.

Comment

At first, I had hoped they would use Woolsey as the 'comic relief' guy, and then let Rodney become more of a hero as opposed to a neurotic egotistical mega-science geek.

So, then they have Woolsey pull a Kirk-esque bluff that actually worked (I think some of the Atlantis crew bought it too), so who knows where they are taking our favorite IOA appointee!

Comment

I was really impressed with Woosly throughout this episode.

Comment

Yeah, Robert Picardo rocked the acting in this little piece of character development that the writers built into the episode. It was great to see the Richard Woolsey character try to balance the leadership role that has been developing from the beaurocrat that just got in the way when we were first introduced to him back in Stargate: SG-1. Now that he's "in-the-field" full time, what he's learned and revealed about his burden over the last few seasons is finally starting to show, which is awesome. Kudos to Robert Picardo and the director for making it a point to show that for the folks that have been watching Stargate from the beginning and double kudos to the writers for developing the Woolsey character beyond the door-slamming-in-his-face guy. I'm glad it literally still happened in this episode though! Love it!!! Especially the part about waiting for him to run into the bannister from the transporter before cutting to the wide external shot. He's still Woolsey after all even if he is learning a thing or two about being in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Woolsey continues to please me. I really like what I've seen out of him so far this season. I really hope it keeps up.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

He still hasn't been pulled out of the, love to hate the beaurocrat that gets in the way category in my book yet but he's getting there quickly if this keeps up!

Comment

Woolsey was terrific in this episode. i was never against him coming to atlantis. i knew he'd make a good leader. and that's exactly what he was. he was strict when he needed to be, showed common sense.. and was even able to out-wit the replicators when the city was sinking. a good bluff.
                          "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                          O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                          Woolsey: What does that mean?
                          O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

INDEED!

Woolsey leadership was same brand of woolsey with a little military ingenuity simmillar to past leaders like O'neill and Wier. Woolsey brand being forced to walk back from the outer edge of the city back to the tower and military ingenuity of the bluff.

What he said may be a bluff but it is a great bluff. I say may cause they way I see it. It is quite believable. I mean when you think about it he was right there is no where else in the galaxy they can go and the replicators would have killed them any way by just being in the database.

Besides he knew the replicators wouldn't have sunk the city. If they did it could damage several key systems. The replicator nanite production is in the east pier it would have been damaged long before the water reached the tower and Zelenka would pulled the ZPM long before that.
                            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

He was spectacular in this episode. I actually wish that they'd brought him in for season 4 instead of Sam!

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                              X