That was not Elizabeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was not Elizabeth

Teyla even said Elizabeth wouldn't do what she did...build a replicator body.

This replicator built herself a body and lied to them about the others.

These were things Elizabeth would never have done. This was just a replicator who either used what she knew about Elizabeth to gain some sort of sympathy from the team or she really believed she was.

This was not Elizabeth at all.

Well I think it was basically a replicator who had Weir's consciousness downloaded into it before they killed/let the real Weir die. So It wasn't really Elizabeth, but it was as much her as Michael's Beckett clone is Beckett, she just happens to not be flesh and blood.

Perfecto!

Comment

I disagree. She was Elizabeth, but not their Elizabeth. Everything she had gone through had changed her to some degree. Thus her decision making off, but she was the same old Elizabeth at her core. One can only imagine what "becoming a replicator" does to a person, nevermind all that time she spent trapped in subspace.

Comment

Yeah, it was definitely Elizabeth. I don't think that's in dispute- at least, TPTB don't WANT us to dispute it, in my opinion.

But her time away from the human form obviously changed her.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
          Yeah, it was definitely Elizabeth. I don't think that's in dispute- at least, TPTB don't WANT us to dispute it, in my opinion.

But her time away from the human form obviously changed her.
          How do you know it's Elizabeth if she is changed..nothing Fran did in the ep convinced me she was the Real Weir... all the information she had could have just have been downloaded from the real weir and we have seen the Replicators being sympathetic before.... again it doesnt mean it was the real Weir.

She put Atlantis in danger to get a body and that is meant to convince us she is the real Weir..... and she makes a sacrifice in the end .. that doenst even mean she is definitley dead but floating in space... we already saw that Fran would make sacrifices as well so how do we know that this just wasnt the residual programming of Fran that led her to sacrifice herself.
          We only have her word that it is the real Weir.
          sigpic

Comment

My point is just that, in my opinion, TPTB intended for us to believe it was Weir, and that she'd been slightly changed by her time as a non-human, but still herself at the core.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Imo it was definately Weir, its her concious within the replicator body I dont think there was any intention to deceive anyone. She lied about communicating with the others because I think she believed they were no harm, they were no harm accept for one of them who just didnt want to be stuck in a human body ... can you blame him? he is immortal as a replicator. If Atlantis goes on for another few seasons I'd be surprised if we never see replicator Weir again, they have totally left that character open to return.

Comment

It was Weir, and it was our Weir too, the original.

As I said in the main episode thread, her putting the team at risk showed that the exprience of the past year had changed her. However, the sacrafice at the end of the ep showed that, deep down, she was still the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                  My point is just that, in my opinion, TPTB intended for us to believe it was Weir, and that she'd been slightly changed by her time as a non-human, but still herself at the core.
                  No matter what TPTB's intention was, I do not believe it was Weir. She might have had all her memories and may have convinced herself she was....she was not Weir.

Elizabeth would never have put Atlantis in such danger. She brought them there and they were going to sink the city. Elizabeth, at her core, would not have done something like that.

This was NOT Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
                    No matter what TPTB's intention was, I do not believe it was Weir. She might have had all her memories and may have convinced herself she was....she was not Weir.

Elizabeth would never have put Atlantis in such danger. She brought them there and they were going to sink the city. Elizabeth, at her core, would not have done something like that.

This was NOT Elizabeth.
                    But I dont think she believed they were going to do that at all, they were harmless apart from the one replicator. I dont think she bought them there thinking that they will harm anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

As I said in the main episode thread, her putting the team at risk showed that the exprience of the past year had changed her. However, the sacrafice at the end of the ep showed that, deep down, she was still the same person.

Yup, and Rodney's final comment was the reassurance that it was the original Weir. Such a powerful episode and it is why Atlantis is more than a 2D show like some people claim.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

Speculation.

Comment

Well obviously the copied her conciousness, but I think this Weir was changed by enviroment. Maybe living in terrible subspace changed her.

Comment

I think it was the real Weir. All that time in subspace torture did change her, but not fundamentally. I believe she was desperate, which is why she went to Atlantis and brought her people with her. She believed in her replicator people, that they were still good, but they let her down.

I wonder, had the replicators not betrayed her, would we be questioning if it was really her?

I'm with Rodney- her sacrifice proved that she was still Elizabeth.
                            sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think it was Weir and if it was then the last thing Sheppard said to her would have been a horrble thing to say.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X