New Technologies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Technologies?

Wier said there were a lot of advance races hiding in the galaxy other than the Wraith. To me this means one thing: THEY ARE COMMING! I am refering to the advance alien race Shepard met in Daedalus Variations. They were hiding and keeping to themselves until the disembodied replicators came into their technology and did their damage.

Further, If they are as advance enough they might track the disembodied replicators straight to Atlantis.

What do you think?
    Stargate Revival Please!

With such tech they do not need hiding. Their ship could withstand more than a hive-ship and their fighter are equals to 302 so superior to darts.

Comment

We won't be seeing them again, at least not this season.

Comment

RepliWeirFran gave only the Wraith computer's data. I hoped she will mention some name of the new races, but it didn't happen.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          RepliWeirFran gave only the Wraith computer's data. I hoped she will mention some name of the new races, but it didn't happen.
          Are you sure? I thought she said she'd uploaded information on some of the other races too...

Comment

it is on mckay's computer however going over the past seasons chances are you will hear nothing about it anymore

Comment

Care for a wager?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                With such tech they do not need hiding. Their ship could withstand more than a hive-ship and their fighter are equals to 302 so superior to darts.

Yeah I was thinking if they have the technology as seen in Daedalus Variations then why are they hiding for all this time?

I am on the belief that these guys have cybernetic implants. So I was just thinking the kind of damage the replicators did to them. If they have such implants they would have made useful host as bodies even for a short time. You know the need the replicators had for bodies.
                Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                  Yeah I was thinking if they have the technology as seen in Daedalus Variations then why are they hiding for all this time?

I am on the belief that these guys have cybernetic implants. So I was just thinking the kind of damage the replicators did to them. If they have such implants they would have made useful host as bodies even for a short time. You know the need the replicators had for bodies.
                  So they don't get wiped out?

Comment

Just because they have superior technology doesn't mean they want an open confrontation with the Wraith.

I mean, the Wraith took out the Ancients for crying out loud. Not every race is made of Right Wing Republicans!

Comment

They might just be developing as well. All FranWeir said was that there were many other advanced societies out there, not that they'd been discovered by the Wraith. While we might think that the Wraith have control over the entire galaxy, remember that galaxies are truly gigantic. The Wraith can't be everywhere, so it's entirely logical that at least a few(and on a galactic scale, a few means many, many) societies would escape notice and come to prominence? In fact, I would love to see an arc where they're searching for all those lost civilizations, just to counter
                      Spoiler:
                      the remnants of the Wraith and the new enemy we'll see this season. Maybe even continue it into the sixth season, with the aliens from Variations in this reality(IF they're not the menace in the mid-season two-parter) teaming up with the new guys in those eps, leading into something like the Dominion War? Now wouldn't that be an epic season ender?
                      It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                      --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                        Just because the Black Aliens had better technology dose not mean they can't still hide from the Wraith. As like we learn from the Ancients, Numbers can out match technological level.

However I do hope we see that race again, as well as a few more of this new Aliens hiding in the wings. I also hope they are not all bad guys and not all Human in appearance. I also hope that one of them is a colony of Furlings. As its the perfect chance to finally introduce them.
                        sigpic
                        Banner Made By Me for Me
                        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Are you sure? I thought she said she'd uploaded information on some of the other races too...
                          She did...

"Weir: The technical specs of several systems we have inhabited since our transformation. Including Wraith tech. I've already uploaded them to your computer."

Comment

Maybe some of the races are similar to the Nox? Able to hide themselves from everyone else when needs be. Would be cool to think there are races as cool as the Nox out there

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                              Just because the Black Aliens had better technology dose not mean they can't still hide from the Wraith. As like we learn from the Ancients, Numbers can out match technological level.

However I do hope we see that race again, as well as a few more of this new Aliens hiding in the wings. I also hope they are not all bad guys and not all Human in appearance. I also hope that one of them is a colony of Furlings. As its the perfect chance to finally introduce them.
                              You forgot an important one !

I also hope one of them is the Furlings !

ps: hi, first post :3

Comment

Working...
                              X