PDA

View Full Version : Possible way to TRUELY end the Weir storyline

Cree
August 16th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I was very upset with the way the way weir was dealt with.
Its been said that Torri didnt return beacause she wants closure for the character, i still dont we have it. The idea of Elizabeth floating in space is to sad to think about. So here is my idea.

The atlantis team need, for some reason, to retrieve the replicators.
they get them and though the other 7 reps are pissed at weir and atlantis they help them deal with whatever the problem is. they do this because they are now promised (honestly) human bodies.
so franweir comes back aswell they work on the human bodies.
they trasnfer to the new bodies, ofcourse weir would now have her original form (torri) and then they begin ascension work. I think they could then use the machine from tao of rodeny after they perfect it and ascend, not before an emotional goodbye.

this has potential to be a two parter, especially if the original problem which they retrieved the reps for is big enough.

what do you think?
granted this is a bit of a fanwank but i really wanna see torry back aswell as fran and have the reps ascend becuase i believe they are truely good people.

thoughts?

:weir::weiranime17:

Wayston
August 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM
sure it has potential, I can see a constant vibe there with the atlantis team worrying about their reps defecting or doing some other booboo and the reps worrying about being airlocked again and some sort of mexican standoff

EternalAlteran
August 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Why didn't they confine the robots and let weir make them and put them in. This way it didn't have to end this way. By the way why didn't the replicators lose orbit just like the jumper.

Amalthea
August 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Why didn't they confine the robots and let weir make them and put them in. This way it didn't have to end this way. By the way why didn't the replicators lose orbit just like the jumper.

They eventually will and will burn up in the atmosphere. The jumper was going faster and lost attitude control. Although the Jumper likely had more time than they were saying it did before their orbital decay had them burning up.

Laura Dove
August 16th, 2008, 03:33 PM
what do you think?
granted this is a bit of a fanwank but i really wanna see torry back aswell as fran and have the reps ascend becuase i believe they are truely good people.

I really wish they could eventually find a path to ascension. They deserve it. I would like your idea, but unfortunately, it seems rather un-SGA-ish. :( Things will probably play like they did with Michael: These replicators are good-willed but Atlantis thinks they are too dangerous so they betrays them, then the replicators become angry and seek revenge, so Atlantis finds comforted in their initial betrayal and ends up fighting them, probably killing them. :(

Infinatus
August 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM

We didn't even see a planet. They could have been in deep space for all we know (maybe only "relatively" near a planet).

jelgate
August 16th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry thats impossible. The 7th chevron won't lock if the gate isn't in orbit around a planet

jenks
August 16th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry thats impossible. The 7th chevron won't lock if the gate isn't in orbit around a planet

Nope. It'll lock anywhere as long as the gate isn't moving too fast.

kymeric
August 16th, 2008, 08:01 PM

No remember the gatebridge?

Agent_Dark
August 16th, 2008, 08:06 PM
we've got heaps of closure. weir's dead.

jelgate
August 16th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Thats a entirely different scenario. Look at an episode like Adrift. A wormhole can not be establishied if one of the gates is not on or in orbit of a planet

jenks
August 16th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Thats a entirely different scenario. Look at an episode like Adrift. A wormhole can not be establishied if one of the gates is not on or in orbit of a planet

No, they couldn't establish a connection because Atlantis was moving too fast to maintain a point of origin. Being close to a planet has nothing to do with it.

Krichton
August 17th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Why is Higginson written off the show in the first place?

Cree
August 17th, 2008, 03:57 AM
we've got heaps of closure. weir's dead.

But we know she isnt, she will just sort of freeze like niam, but she isnt truely dead.
besides its more than weir the replicatros deserve to ascend.

kymeric
August 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM
But we know she isnt, she will just sort of freeze like niam, but she isnt truely dead.
besides its more than weir the replicatros deserve to ascend.

They killed a bunch of people just as regular old replicators, how is it remotely a good idea to help them ascend? Let them do it on a universal scale? We know wut theyre capable of and all they deserve is 2 to the head. Thats why Weir did wut she did.

Laura Dove
August 17th, 2008, 05:03 AM
They killed a bunch of people just as regular old replicators, how is it remotely a good idea to help them ascend? Let them do it on a universal scale? We know wut theyre capable of and all they deserve is 2 to the head. Thats why Weir did wut she did.

Who exactly did that very handful of replicators kill?

BuggyMan
August 17th, 2008, 08:56 AM
(Edit: Sorry, didn't read the part about 'plain old replicators'. I don't think they killed anyone then as they were 'good' replicators.)
One guy was killed by that lightning.
It's unclear if that was on purpose or not but they clearly didn't care - they even threatened to kill everyone else on Atlantis.
Noone wants that kind of ascended beings. They wouldn't even be allowed to work with that ascension device just because it is such an invaluable piece of technology.
Only Plotholes would make that happen.

I actually liked the way they finished the Weir storyline.
It reminded me a bit of South Park when they killed Chef (RIP Isaac Hayes). They said "You don't want to work with us anymore? That's ok, we don't need you. Look, we just killed your character off for sure."
<Lsnip....let's leae torri out of this please>

Yes, she can be revived by TPTB if needed but at the moment i can't see any intentions to do that.
They finished the storyline for now and I'm glad they did.

kymeric
August 17th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Who exactly did that very handful of replicators kill?

A redshirt, they tried to drown everyone, and they were party to all the human worlds killed by oberoth.

Laura Dove
August 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
A redshirt, they tried to drown everyone, and they were party to all the human worlds killed by oberoth.

A single person, killed in what might be an accident, is hardly "a bunch of people". And no, they were not part to Oberoth's human worlds annihilation, since they were renegades that went away to escape their own kind. If they had been part, they would have been destroyed on Asuras with the others.

As for sinking the city, Karacen or what's-his-name did, and he was already dead when Atlantis decided to eliminate the other replicators.

So I ask my question again: Who exactly was the "bunch of people" that these very replicators (not other replicators, but THEY) killed?

talyn2k1
August 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Didn't John say in the episode that they'd killed one of their people, referring to the guy who died in the ZPM room, I don't recall any mention of a 'bunch'.

Also, a much better way to truly close the storyline would be for the gate they dialled to be in orbit of a sun, so eventually the Replicators would fall in to the sun and be fried out of existence. Although not sure if the destruction of the bodies would also kill the consciousness of the Replicators or release them.
As they needed a device to 'upload' themselves to subspace in the first place, I would bet that the consciousness would die too.

Saquist
August 17th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I was very upset with the way the way weir was dealt with.
Its been said that Torri didnt return beacause she wants closure for the character, i still dont we have it. The idea of Elizabeth floating in space is to sad to think about. So here is my idea.

The atlantis team need, for some reason, to retrieve the replicators.
they get them and though the other 7 reps are pissed at weir and atlantis they help them deal with whatever the problem is. they do this because they are now promised (honestly) human bodies.
so franweir comes back aswell they work on the human bodies.
they trasnfer to the new bodies, ofcourse weir would now have her original form (torri) and then they begin ascension work. I think they could then use the machine from tao of rodeny after they perfect it and ascend, not before an emotional goodbye.

what do you think?

thoughts?

:weir::weiranime17:

Actually I see the replicators becoming a horrible new tool for the enemies in Daedalus Variations. Mastering the replicators likely might be an intresting story arc to return to.
this has potential to be a two parter, especially if the original problem which they retrieved the reps for is big enough.

kymeric
August 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Actually I see the replicators becoming a horrible new tool for the enemies in Daedalus Variations. Mastering the replicators likely might be an intresting story arc to return to.

Dosent look like the DV aliens need asurans. If anything they can take more hits than them O.o

Saquist
August 17th, 2008, 05:52 PM
They both seemed machine like to me...
I sense a commonality but a behaviorial schism... Remember Weir delivered information on many speices in the Galaxy...i'm sure they were one of them.