PDA

View Full Version : What happened the the Asuran Ship?

jonos101
August 16th, 2008, 03:40 AM
In the episode we see that the Asurans still had their Aurora Class Ship, so what the hell happened to it?

Isn't it kind of dangerous to have such a powerful ship just laying out there, waiting for the Wraith to find it. I thought Elizabeth would have told them were it was. But then again, it would probably just get blown up in the next episode. :)

AscendedThor
August 16th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Since Weir was the leader of this group of Replicators she probably understood the dangers of leaving that ship anywhere in the galaxy unprotected (if the warith find it it may give them the technology to reach Earth).
so before they went ahead with their 'ascension' to subspace she probably set the ship's autodestruct to blow up after they finish uploading themselves to subspace.

Zelda fan
August 16th, 2008, 04:43 AM
once there became energy based life forms it was probably just discarded

Wayston
August 16th, 2008, 05:59 AM
They probably destroyed it I guess, either before their subspace ascencion or afterwards trying to crawl back into its computer systems

Jeff O'Connor
August 16th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Really I automatically assumed it was self-destructed. It's definitely the kind of thing Weir would choose to go with.

ussrelativity
August 16th, 2008, 06:16 AM
There must be some sort of curse on that class of ship.

Jeff O'Connor
August 16th, 2008, 06:44 AM
It's a wee depressing. My mother's name is Aurora.

ussrelativity
August 16th, 2008, 06:46 AM
To be fair, it may not be the actual name of the ship class. Even though the Asuran Keller mentioned it by name, it would seem too out of place to call that type of ship based on the first one that they encountered.

It's one thing that really gets at me.

Jeff O'Connor
August 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
True. While I'd like on the one hand for it to be the official designation because it's always nice when Stargate has solidity, from a selfish perspective I'm hoping we one day learn something altogether different about their name...

ussrelativity
August 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
^ Especially since it's not the only class.

Jeff O'Connor
August 16th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Yepper.

Daniel Jackson
August 16th, 2008, 08:46 AM
They probably fried it's systems in a futile attempt to descend. If that's the case, it's probably just a tin can in space now.

Moao
August 16th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I bet if it is still around that its most likely on the planet that the replicators dialed and thought they were going too, if they were going to construct human bodys they would need a power source as well as a place to work and the ship would make a great location.

It would be worth checking out that planet.

Infinatus
August 16th, 2008, 10:38 AM
To be fair, it may not be the actual name of the ship class. Even though the Asuran Keller mentioned it by name, it would seem too out of place to call that type of ship based on the first one that they encountered.

It's one thing that really gets at me.

Maybe the official designation is the Hippafaralcus Class war ship. ;)

EternalAlteran
August 16th, 2008, 11:28 AM
The don't need to set the selfdestruct to automatic, they can do it afterwards. Just do the same thing as they did to atlantis.

trunksy
August 16th, 2008, 06:58 PM
You still also have to wonder about the base they created on the planet they used to conduct their ascension "research".

Vis Uban
August 19th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I don't no where it is, but I want it.

Zamboni
August 19th, 2008, 08:18 PM
It's a wee depressing. My mother's name is Aurora.Why is that depressing? Did a group of Asurans have their way with her and left her on some alien planet?

(Just kidding)

Anyway, the Asurans probably cannibalized the ship's systems to build their ascension lab, then blew it up when they all ascended.