PDA

View Full Version : The new data...

tombombadil
August 15th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Weir gave rodney data to a bunch of new places with new tech. theorize about what it could be...

Infernorhythm
August 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I doubt we'll see anything on the level of Ancient/Asuran tech. That is the pinnacle that cannot be obtained.

However, I think we'll see some societies on level with the Travelers or perhaps that society from Condemned.

SgaIsBad
August 15th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I was hoping they would find out how to build a ZPM from the Asurans.

Infernorhythm
August 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM
There still is the Replicator Auroura ship unaccounted for. I'll doubt we'll see it again, but everytime Sheppard commands an Auroura it is always fun.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
August 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
It will probably lead us to the civilization we meet in the midseason two-parter and others besides.

Alexein
August 15th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Those hostile aliens in the Daedalus variations

DeRoest
August 16th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Those hostile aliens in the Daedalus variations dang it. he beat me to it!

Janus Meth├ędor
August 16th, 2008, 02:00 AM
After 10,000 years of hidden progress I would think that they would at least be on the level of the Tollian's

ussrelativity
August 16th, 2008, 02:08 AM
I wonder if they will go around assuming every civilization is human.

Wayston
August 16th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I also assume that the informatin they receive here will lead them to the about to be introduced alien race

I'm hoping this alien race brings some new motivation for its badassery to the show, you know something new other than the wraith's (lunch) or the replicator's (jealousy)

Jeff O'Connor
August 16th, 2008, 05:04 AM
The data is likely a lead-in of varying degrees to several storylines and dialogue snippets this season, including the mid-season two-parter, the episode with the expedition put on trial by a gathering of factions and more.

g.o.d
August 16th, 2008, 05:25 AM
it will be forgotten, just like that list with ZPMs. They'll probably visit one place only 510

ussrelativity
August 16th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Yes, the data can probably be summed up in "This Way to the Egress."

Jeff O'Connor
August 16th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I don't know, I mean, am I too exhausted to recall correctly, or don't the spoiler tidbits for 'Inquisition' kind of lend themselves to Weir's wording when she spouted off about how they'd be surprised how many high-tech societies have been in hiding from the Wraith, or whatnot? It would be foolhardy not to at least have a script mention from someone along the lines of 'well, here's a good example of that', I'd think.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
August 16th, 2008, 07:50 AM
it will be forgotten, just like that list with ZPMs. They'll probably visit one place only 510

I don't know, it would be unwise to forget about a plot device that allows the writers to introduce a new advanced civilization whenever they feel like it. The writers don't want to be limited to primitive societies anymore, as I understand it. That list had only a few addresses, and they tried them all, finding a ZPM only on Dagan. They can't try all of these new coordinates without finding advanced civilizations.

YutheGreat
August 16th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Those hostile aliens in the Daedalus variations

you beat me to it as well hahaha.

naamiaiset
August 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Weir gave rodney data to a bunch of new places with new tech. theorize about what it could be...
when fran/weir tells rodney there's other civilizations with tech hiding from the wraith, I assumed it was setting up for "inquisition",
in which other semi-advanced societies come out of hiding.

didn't JM say the DV aliens were just for that one episode? :confused:

EternalAlteran
August 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Probably data on large computers, that is what the replicators were infesting. But it the fact that they needed Atlantis leads to suggest that it is nowhere near Ancient and probably Asgard level of tech. So maybe our Daedalus Variations enemy wasn't one of them, because they seemed very advanced.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 16th, 2008, 12:36 PM
This might really be a tie in to a few episodes in the future and possibly new races in the next season as well.

Sasuke-SGA
August 16th, 2008, 05:24 PM
My guess is that, if they find any new civilizations, they would be only as advanced as the satedans. If they were any, they would take the fight to the wraith!

jenks
August 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
My guess is that, you're wrong.

trunksy
August 16th, 2008, 05:40 PM

Well, there is the whole part about the history/mythology of the ancients coming to the Pegasus galaxy from Earth and seeding thousands of worlds before making the misstep of awaking the Wraith when visiting one of the worlds in the Pegasus galaxy.

Jacka
August 16th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I still think the way Weir said you would be surprised how advanced they are means they are at least more advanced than the Genii. I highly doubt that Genii tech could even come close to holding even one percent of the "ascended" rebel Asurans.

Opener
August 17th, 2008, 12:27 AM
No, Weir, would have knowledge of how advanced Pegasus civilizations could be, and would know how many non-advanced civs are out there. When she said "advanced", you had to know she meant really advanced(Hebridan comes to mind), as opposed to the usual medieval civilizations the expedition meets.

ussrelativity
August 17th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I believe that the advanced races out there have most likely buried their gates when the Wraith war started.

---assuming they even have or had stargates.

MechaThor
August 17th, 2008, 03:34 AM

I really hope not, We already have Teyla's People, Micheal's Hybrids, the Genii, the Travelers, plus this new Human alliance group in a future episode.

I think its time for a true Alien fest. One thing Stargate has always lacked was "alien" Aliens. And since Atlantis is in a different galaxy you would think there would be some more Aliens apart from the Wraith.