Thank Goodness it didn't end like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank Goodness it didn't end like...

Is anyone else ecstatic the episode didn't end with Weir hooked up a VR and the whole episode was just a test to see if she was for real? I AM! Best episode of the season so far.

Now, to see if all my dreams come true:

Wier gave Atlantis the gate address to the abandoned replicator/ancient ship and we will see great episodes where Atlantis uses the advanced civilization intel to make some allies and enemies.

Originally posted by ithinkitsmagic View Post
    Is anyone else ecstatic the episode didn't end with Weir hooked up a VR and the whole episode was just a test to see if she was for real? I AM! Best episode of the season so far.
    Yeah, it was a very emotional, very powerful ending. Excellently, written.

Wier gave Atlantis the gate address to the abandoned replicator/ancient ship and we will see great episodes where Atlantis uses the advanced civilization intel to make some allies and enemies.
    I know, I kept waiting for Weir to turn and say; "Btw, here's where we parked our ship. Good luck." But it never came which I of course expected, but it's still disappointing (at the very least, I would've liked a line saying they took it apart to build their facility so I knew it was gone). Oh well, maybe there's still hope for it to be recovered, even if it's by someone who will use it against Atlantis.

Comment

Didn't really enjoy the ending. How fun was it to leave the basically real Weir in space? Sooner or later this will come back and bite them in the tail... with angry replicators, sigh... Can't we move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
        Yeah, it was a very emotional, very powerful ending. Excellently, written.
        It was a great ep. I really like they way that they used flashbacks to Lifeline and BAMSR, Torri as Weir "alive" in it - it made the ep much more creadable.

Comment

Nice, but a little bit sad for those good replicators. They were willing to help and yet betrayed.

Comment

Personally I dont like these dead end episodes. Very few episodes which deal directly with the wider Wraith war, and even fewer which actually lead to anything.
            sigpic

Comment

I actually cried at the end of this one, the whole Sheppard Weir dynamic was out of sorts, I wasn't a fan of the pairing of them in a romantic sence, but now, the look on his face when he realized that it must have been her, the almost devistating silence as the others walked away from the gate, it tore my heart out. And knowing that she is out there, just floating, possibly waiting for one of them to come get her, just heart breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by danigirl62473 View Post
                I actually cried at the end of this one, the whole Sheppard Weir dynamic was out of sorts, I wasn't a fan of the pairing of them in a romantic sence, but now, the look on his face when he realized that it must have been her, the almost devistating silence as the others walked away from the gate, it tore my heart out. And knowing that she is out there, just floating, possibly waiting for one of them to come get her, just heart breaking.
                My sentiments exactly although I didn't cry but I loved that character interaction! That was totally for the fans that have following Atlantis from the beginning and fallen in love with the characters!

Comment

I'm sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with you all here. Whether or not Elizabeth Weir was the real one or not, dropping the replicators off of a random space gate is a bad idea. That's just asking for more trouble down the road. We've already seen how a human form replicator can be reactivated by anyone with advanced enough technology, when Niam was reactivated in the mid cliff hanger for season 3. Any Wraith or (assuming Elizabeth was telling the truth about other advanced societies) other technologically advanced civilizations could very easily pick them up in space and who knows what would happen if the replicators got a chance to get even with Atlantis for betraying them? Elizabeth may be human in spirit, but remember that none of the other replicators were ever naturally human. I think this ending means that there could be some real problems in the future for Atlantis.
                  StarshineRoxie
                  A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                  sigpic

Comment

i did think it was slightly odd to send them off, esp as woolsey was happy to let them continue, i mean if the other replicators had wanted to run they could have but they didnt all they wanted is to ascend so the ending felt a bit odd to me.

Comment

Where was it said that ALL the Replicators on the ship agreed to be apart of this transformation to energy in sub-space? There were only a few Replicators with Weir and I very much doubt that the Aurora-class Replicator ship has been abandoned.

Originally posted by UNRE4L View Post
                      Personally I dont like these dead end episodes. Very few episodes which deal directly with the wider Wraith war, and even fewer which actually lead to anything.
                      Stargate has always been more an episodic show than a serial show like Babylon 5 or the new Battlestar Galatica. Why do you expect any different?

While I think Atlantis would have benefited from a serialized treatment to make it a little more different than SG-1, I don't think the creators and writers know how to do a good, serialized show. Just look at some of the attempts to have small arcs through some seasons and I think it shows they are very hit and miss with their attempts. In my opinion, if Brad Wright and Robert Cooper were smart, they would delay the launch of Stargate: Universe until they have worked out a multi-year story arc that can still include some stand-alone episodes.
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                        In my opinion, if Brad Wright and Robert Cooper were smart, they would delay the launch of Stargate: Universe until they have worked out a multi-year story arc that can still include some stand-alone episodes.
                        While I've thoroughly enjoyed serialized TV, not only do I think it would hurt the ratings, but I also think that the Stargate ptb's work is of far better quality in standalones.

That's not much of a criticism though, since I don't even think Joss Whedon's best work can be seen in serialized plots.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Mackan View Post
                          Didn't really enjoy the ending. How fun was it to leave the basically real Weir in space? Sooner or later this will come back and bite them in the tail... with angry replicators, sigh... Can't we move on.
                          I didn't like it either : the ending gives me the impression that those replicators are saved for future episodes (possibly after the SGA team massacres all the Wraiths and the writers will want to introduce new evil enemies). It would be a shame to see an episode in which the replicators are awakened by mistake by someone else : at that point they'll definitely be enemies instead of neutral_or_friends. I really hate that the team is incapable of keeping around possible allies .

Comment

Working...
                          X