This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Pirated movie?

I think I just got a pirated movie from www. Familydvdoutlet.com. The movie did not have the outer sleeve that the store had and it also the pic looks fuzzy. I am upset because I want to make sure my purchase counts toward more stargate movies. Who should I contact?

is it blue or silver on the back?

if it's blue, then yeah, it's a rip

I'd contact MGM
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's sliver but I have ark of truth and the art work on all my other stargate dvds the corners are rounded like all 200+ dvds I own. there was no insert which every stargate mgm dvd has. the dvd if you look at it under light has what looks like chinese symbols. all other stargate including ark of truth has a barcode and what looks like numbers. Also Nero allows me to make a copy of Continuum but not of the ark of truth. also Ark like all says dvd video continuum on dvd says dvd-9

Comment

With these guys FamilyDVDOutlet it happened to me too. like you said chinese and dvd-9. I guess they are chinese imports. Not the true original.:

Comment

Thats why I always buy from Wal Mart, Best Buy or Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence Montebello View Post
            With these guys FamilyDVDOutlet it happened to me too.
            Yeah, they look kinda fishy. Their great big Disney box set had Tom & Jerry cartoons in it....
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

turn them into MGM, or contact the FTC (federal trade commission)

those two entities might be able to do something about it.

sigpic

Comment

it's refreshing to see someone who cares about pirated videos you get a green for being a goo person

edit:er....good person. i don't think you're made of goo, but if so good job my gooy comrade
                Last edited by tombombadil; 16 August 2008, 12:53 PM.
                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                sigpic

Comment

I was searching through their catalog and they are totally fake. They have all 18 seasons of The Simpsons when the company's have only released 1-10. They have boxed sets of shows that don't have box sets and season 7 of scrubs which isn't out yet. They are fake. Glad you caught them. Try to not buy from them again even if they are cheap.

Comment

Yeah I've given up on buying from cheap online outlets. Either scout the sales in the local shops or rent if you want to go cheap. I bought Band of Brothers from Ebay, they promised that they were authentic, but when I got it the content on Disc 6 was an exact copy of Disc 5, so I never got to see the end of the series. I actually threw a stool at the TV I was so frustrated.
                    Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

what i'd do then, fox owns the simpsons, e-mail fox iwth the address to this place. sic the corporate lawyers on them

sigpic

Comment

I called MGM they had a hard time finding someone to report this to. Finally they transferred me to the Fox Anti-Piracy hotline.

I also found this

MPAA ANTI-PIRACY OFFICE
                        15503 Ventura Boulevard Encino, California 91436 (818) 955-6600
                        MPAA Anti-Piracy Hotline
                        1-800-NO-COPYS
                        1-800-662-6797

Comment

Originally posted by vartech View Post
                          I called MGM they had a hard time finding someone to report this to. Finally they transferred me to the Fox Anti-Piracy hotline.

I also found this

MPAA ANTI-PIRACY OFFICE
                          15503 Ventura Boulevard Encino, California 91436 (818) 955-6600
                          MPAA Anti-Piracy Hotline
                          1-800-NO-COPYS
                          1-800-662-6797
                          I'd just stick with contacting the company and not bother the folks at the MPAA. It might backfire on you, though you've done nothing wrong.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

MPAA is likely to sue you. Stay away.

Comment

Working...
                            X