U.s.s hammond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.s.s hammond

Thats what the next name of any starship should be for Stargate.I want to put petion together for it .Who's with me.

Unless I'm mistaken, the next official ship to come off the line will be the Phoenix. After that I am unsure, but then again I am still unsure if I want Hammond to die in the Stargate universe.

Comment

How about the Davis? It'll be an homage without saying whether Hammond died or not.

Comment

Well, that'd be for Major Davis.

There is also the problem that it's so different from the typical names. No, I think it's best if we take the commemoration out of the show for the most part. There is real life, and then there is fiction; it's best to separate the 2 in this case.

Comment

instead of saying Hammond died in the show how bout TPTB just say that he Ascended that way he's not really gone. of course I'm sure someone has already said this.

RIP Mr. Davis
          sigpic

Comment

Not USS... >.<

Comment

I just thought of this don't know if any one has brought it up before, but what if they change the meaning of USS. USS stands for United States Ship, but since other country's are now involved why not say it means United Stargate Ship (or something like that). I know in Star Trek it means United Starfleet Ship. So why cant Stargate do the same.
              sigpic

Comment

Well they haven't used USS in the designation of Stargate ships. I believe so far we've had/been speculated on

x - experimental
                f - fighter
                bc - battle cruiser
                dsc - deep space carrier/deep space cruiser

but note these are/were all used along with a numeric designation. There has never been something like 'USS Atlantic' or 'BC Enterprise'.

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post
                  Well they haven't used USS in the designation of Stargate ships. I believe so far we've had/been speculated on

x - experimental
                  f - fighter
                  bc - battle cruiser

but note these are/were all used along with a numeric designation. There has never been something like 'USS Atlantic' or 'BC Enterprise'.
                  now that you mentioned this, how the letters stand for something, what does the m in guns stand for, m16, m24, ect all the american guns designated with a "m" what does m stand for?
                  *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they named it after Star Trek.

Comment

wait what????? star trek???? the m16 and such was named after startrek??
                      *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post

x - experimental
                        f - fighter
                        bc - battle cruiser

OK that is the class of ship example there was one 303, and 4 BC or DSC (if you count Phoenix) any way the NAMES of the ships are USS. Daedalus, USS Odyssey, USS Apollo, USS Phoenix, USS Prometheus.
                        sigpic

Comment

M in M-16 stands for model.

The ships in stargate have been USAF.

USAF - United States Air Force

USS just means United States ship, meaning it was made in the U.S. If it was made in the UK it would be His/Her Majesty's Ship. So the Daedalus would be called HMS Daedalus if it was built in the UK.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
                            wait what????? star trek???? the m16 and such was named after startrek??
                            I was refering to the "USS" part.

Comment

I must admit maniac mike, I didn't remember that.

Comment

Working...
                              X