Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hole that was blasted in the hull of the ship...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hole that was blasted in the hull of the ship...

I know this is a corner stone(sic) of the Stargate story but... the cover stone should of stopped anyone coming through the gate. But wouldn't the blast of an established wormhole vaporise the coverstone - like the bulkhead of the ship? Surely if it can vaporise a foot of steel it could vaporise sandstone or hewn rock!!??

The coverstone don't just lay on top of the Stargate, but it also goes into the hole in the middle, thus blocking the wormhole from forming.

Comment

Spoiler:
      What I was wondering is how they managed to get to wherever they were aiming (I can't remember atm) without water getting in the gaping hole in the ship, therefore drowning the lot of them and destroying the timeline AGAIN.
      "Wøøf!"

Comment

I've only seen the movie once so can't remember fully, but didn't the Kawoosh happen facing inward in the cargo hold if so how did it blow a hole in the hull anyway.
        LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
        Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
        99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          The coverstone don't just lay on top of the Stargate, but it also goes into the hole in the middle, thus blocking the wormhole from forming.
          OK that makes sense. I suppose it would stop the chevrons from moving around too.

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
          I've only seen the movie once so can't remember fully, but didn't the Kawoosh happen facing inward in the cargo hold if so how did it blow a hole in the hull anyway.

That's a great point!!!! Does the burst thing happen on the back of the gate too?

Comment

No the KAWOOSH was going out to the hull of the ship. Not to the inside of the ship.
            Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
            Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

yup the kawoosh was outward blasting a hole. think they were lucky enough for the kawoosh not to blow a hole beneath seaa level coz then water wud start pouring in and it wud sink.

Comment

I laughed out loud when mitchell shot baal in the head in the end. so satisfying!

Comment

Still that was a mighty big hole and it wasn't that far from the waterline. The sea must have been pretty calm that night to keep any water from getting into the ship. It had a heck of alot better luck than the Titanic.
                  Member of The Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                  Sigs by Csom, Luci and Pip2

Comment

I suppose they could have stopped for repairs, depending where they were. (They were in the North Atlantic, right?)- They could have stopped off at Portugal, depending how close they were.

Or perhaps they were pretty close to America.

What I'm wondering is how a ship travelling from Egypt to Boston manages to sail unguided to the North Pole, missing other Land Masses along the way.

Comment

Whats been really annoying me is how there was a whole in the back of the crate as well as the toward the hull. The kawoosh is only one way. And surely the Stargate arriving in America with a dead Ba'al and several Jaffe would destroy the time-line?!
                      sigpic
                      Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

They were most likely dumped overboard.

Comment

yeah it was mitchell afterall.. this threads getting a bit off subject!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieb View Post
                            Still that was a mighty big hole and it wasn't that far from the waterline. The sea must have been pretty calm that night to keep any water from getting into the ship. It had a heck of alot better luck than the Titanic.
                            I think the ship really should have sunk - it was not that believeable having them make it with that gaping great hole in the side!
                            "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad
                              No the KAWOOSH was going out to the hull of the ship. Not to the inside of the ship.
                              in that case Ba'al & all those jaffas coming out the gate should've fallen straight into the water (unless that particular gate's kawoosh was much much longer than what we're used to seeing, and I doubt that)

Comment

Working...
                              X