end of stargate continuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of stargate continuum

at the end of stargate continuum when cameron mitchell is waiting at the stargate in the crate with a gun and he kills baal. does he survive to die in that time period or does he just go back to the execution of baal. with his memory vanished.

been constantly knocking at my mind for days!!!!!!
    sigpic

That version of Cam lives on in the past, hence the photo of him and Grampa Mitchell in his locker.

Comment

cheers sorry if this is a spoiler for any english people.

so does this mean that he is his own dad??????
      sigpic

Comment

No.

Comment

its paradox type thang i guess

time is not really linear, we just see it that way. so if cam did vanish he wudn't just be vanishing from that point onwards he'd vanish completely and therefore he'd never kill ba'al and we'd end up back where we are again.

so he stuck around and then just died. and was born again continuing his life as normal with no memory. his granddad boinked his grandmum not cam.

its all jus speculation and no one really knows the effects on time travel.

ba'al when he went back thru the gate didnt go back to the present. he stuck around and started changing history by making teal'c his 1st prime and all that stuff. im guessing

A)he may of had to kill his old self, but that might of killed him
          B)shove his old self in status and ditch him on an abandoned planet

its all rather confusing when time travels concerned theres no right or wrong answer which made it ideal for the writers to do what they want without thinking out every plot hole.

Comment

damn... that must be so depressing on cameron mitchell(the past one) he must of been tempted to go visit present him or his team.

end thread
            sigpic

Comment

He would die of old age before any of them grew up.

Something I've been thinking about is the Ba'al they executed was a clone right? So he won't shrivel up and die with the loss of the symbiote. And that will set sg-1 and everybody on alert that the real Ba'al is still out there (but of course actually he's dead because Cam killed him). And why did Ba'al wait untill the execution of the last clone to enact his plan and go back in time?
              "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

There isn't much of a paradox. Cam went back in time and killed Ba'al. And basically is a random friend of grandpa Mitchell.
                Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
                Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Originally posted by fastcars00 View Post
                  damn... that must be so depressing on cameron mitchell(the past one) he must of been tempted to go visit present him or his team.
                  I've been wondering what he ended up doing. We know he stuck around long enough to pose for a picture, but not much beyond that. Heck, it's even possible he figured out how to use the Goa'uld portable DHD device. If he knew of an address that was a relatively safe place and wouldn't otherwise come into contact with the Earth until the 1990s or 2000s, he'd be in much less of a position to accidentally alter the timeline.
                  Originally posted by solar wind View Post
                  Something I've been thinking about is the Ba'al they executed was a clone right? So he won't shrivel up and die with the loss of the symbiote.
                  Well, their cloning technology was able to get all the Ba'al hosts to apparently identical age; maybe it wouldn't be so easy to tell which was which.
                  And that will set sg-1 and everybody on alert that the real Ba'al is still out there (but of course actually he's dead because Cam killed him). And why did Ba'al wait untill the execution of the last clone to enact his plan and go back in time?
                  It could be he hoped that he'd just be able to win in the original timeline, but once things got to this point he realized the jig was up and he'd have to go with Plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
                    There isn't much of a paradox. Cam went back in time and killed Ba'al. And basically is a random friend of grandpa Mitchell.
                    there is paradox the whole thing is paradox when u think of it like this...

cam killed ba'al, and because he did ba'al wasn't able to rewrite history. therefore carter jackson and mitchel didnt rush to the gate because nothing started dissapearing. so therefore mitchel never went back in time. and didnt kill ba'al and ba'al was then actually able to rewrite history so cam did go bakc and kill him and so on and so.

same thing with ba'al, he went back in time to change things but coz things were changed he had no reason to go back in time so if he didnt go back in time then history wudn't of been rewritten and he'd end up back at the begining of continuum with him going back in time.

but if u just simplify it with that if someone goes back in time they break the thru the barrier that makes the past affect his present future. ba'al wud b free to kill his old self and rewrite history.

but yes there is no paradox with cam coz he didnt boink his gradmother and become his own grandad, he just became friends with his grandad

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaJSlone View Post
                      I've been wondering what he ended up doing. We know he stuck around long enough to pose for a picture, but not much beyond that. Heck, it's even possible he figured out how to use the Goa'uld portable DHD device. If he knew of an address that was a relatively safe place and wouldn't otherwise come into contact with the Earth until the 1990s or 2000s, he'd be in much less of a position to accidentally alter the timeline.
                      That's a cool idea! That Cam would figure out the portable DHD and take off. It would be safest that way, not to affect the timeline. And he must have at least taken it and hidden it or else the future SGC wouldn't need dialing computers and they may have started using the gate way before they did in our timeline.

Well, their cloning technology was able to get all the Ba'al hosts to apparently identical age; maybe it wouldn't be so easy to tell which was which.
                      Oh, I see. perhaps.

It could be he hoped that he'd just be able to win in the original timeline, but once things got to this point he realized the jig was up and he'd have to go with Plan B.
                      I guess. Alot of preparation must have gone into building the time machine though (the coolest time machine ever, involving a stargate and solar flares and all). I wonder if maybe he just wanted all of his clones out of the way before he started his plan.
                      "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

im surprised baal only brought 3 jaffa to take over that ship, i assumed a goauld would bring at least 10 to make sure.

Comment

--Solar Wind-- I too have been thinking about this ending, if the ba'al at the extraction was telling the truth about the tracking chips (not being able to be takin out of the clones), and the fact that he's a power hungy goa'uld, this leads me to the assumtion that they had the last clone (because real ba'al would be chipless at this point and no dought he would want to be the one going back (power hunger)) if this is the case than when cam kills ba'al on the ship in 1920 or 30 someting (cant remember) than how is there a ba'al to creat the clones in 2005-06 (season 9) thus no extraction and anything to do with ba'al good and bad would have never happened. we very well have been distroyed by rep carter and the replicators.
                          Unless it was a clone that went back, for that captured ba'al would be the real one and he was lieing about the chips witch is possible but somehow just dosnt feel right cuz how would that help him any ways. i dont know mabe one of you have an answer for me?

Comment

Killswitch, The Layman's Guide to Timetravel in Special Features sort of explains the theory that Stargate uses for Time travel.

If you are capable of traveling back in time, then you change the timeline simply by existing when you're not supposed to.
                            The theory of time travel they use, suggests that when you travel back this creates a new reality. The timeline you came from continues on, but the one you're in is changed and veers off on a differant course as a result.

We've seen this in 2010, Moebious(sp?) and Before I Sleep. So the way it playes out is this.

Ba'al creates the clones, and enacts a Failsafe plan as the last of them is captured by SGC and punished by the Tok'ra

Second Reality: Ba'al travels back in time and sabotages the Achilles in 1939. SG-1 appear in Antarctica, eventually Cam uses the time machine to travel back to the 1920s

Third Reality: Cam stows away on the Achillies and waits for Ba'al to dial in, kills Ba'al and his Jaffa. As this Ba'al is the Ba'al returning from the future of the third reality, it's the real Ba'al. The rest of the reality plays out as the end of the film and the last clone is the Last Ba'al.

Therefore Cam probably assumed a new identiy and lived out the reset of his life in peace.

I hate Time-Travel. lol
                            Last edited by Dimbo_Sama; 23 August 2008, 12:36 AM. Reason: bit more to say

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
                            Vir: I don't understand...
                            Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

ya i guess, but im still confused. so is the extraction at the end our timeline or an alt tl?
                              if it creats a sepret reality/timeline wouldnt everything in our tl stay the same (no one disapiering and such)? in mobieus sg1 went back to get a zpm but how would they get it back to our tl (unless a single time "thread" rewrites but it suposidly dosent)? in my mind this means season 9 & 10 are a 2nd alt timeline (our new tl : )

i dont know , i thought i did, but i think i maybe reading too deep into the mater and confusing myself.

hay u Brad Wright, quite taking causality so lightly, - you make time travle scripts there for i get a headach

"If you immediately know the candle light is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago"
                              "though a candle burns in my house, theres no one home"
                              Last edited by killswitch-wes; 23 August 2008, 03:42 PM. Reason: becuse

Comment

Working...
                              X