"The Daedalus Variations" - What that garbage ep Unending SHOULD have been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Daedalus Variations" - What that garbage ep Unending SHOULD have been

Outstanding episode of Atlantis. Best Stargate ep for years in my opinion. I can't quite believe it was written by the same <mod snip> that have been serving up so much crap for years.

Given the producers limited time/budget for the SG-1 finale... "the Daedalus Variations" could have EASILY been made instead of that awful episode Unending. Obviously with a few tweaks.

Now all they need to do is get rid of the terrible Keller character, get rid of Woolsey, start using the Stargate more and they'll at least be on the right track.

Oh and firing M&M would be good too.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 August 2008, 04:37 PM. Reason: respect the crew

Originally posted by stevearm07 View Post
    Outstanding episode of Atlantis. Best Stargate ep for years in my opinion. I can't quite believe it was written by the same ****s that have been serving up so much crap for years.

Given the producers limited time/budget for the SG-1 finale... "the Daedalus Variations" could have EASILY been made instead of that awful episode Unending. Obviously with a few tweaks.

Now all they need to do is get rid of the terrible Keller character, get rid of Woolsey, start using the Stargate more and they'll at least be on the right track.

Why do you even watch the show?

Comment

I'll agree that Unending was a piece of crap, but Daedalus Variations wasn't exactly a winner itself. Apart from a few neat scenes, it was mostly just boring. Though I suppose that may be a (marginal) step up from bad.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jumper2 View Post
        Because certain episodes like The Daedalus Variations are good.

Comment

Outstanding episode of Atlantis. Best Stargate ep for years in my opinion. I can't quite believe it was written by the same <mod snip> that have been serving up so much crap for years.

Keeping Keller. Good. keeping Woolsey great. I am so enjoying his character and the reactions that he is having with the rest of the team, his character is exactly what I wanted from it, along with a lot more.
          And for the most part, IMO, SG has not been crap for the last few years. Aside from the Ex Deus Machinas, and that awful scene in Off The Grid. Gate has not been that unpalitable.
          Granted it could be a lot better as well, but, nothing is perfect after all.

Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 August 2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Amen Brotha....or Sista!

Is there anything other than "The Daedalus Variations" that you liked?

"Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
            (one of my favourite lines)

Comment

Dude are you serious. That episode was BORING, I hated Unending too but that at least had some entertainment value. DV was one of the worst Atlantis eps EVER, even the lame VFX couldn't save it.

Comment

while were at it why not just cancel the whole show all together because those things have made the show great, i liked Unending, it had a lot of action a developed the story (and we got a whole lot of tech ) Keller i think is also a good character, she a light hearted, funny, and kind replacment for Beckett, and as for woolsey, i like him also because we get to see a new side to him instead of that "grumpy old man beauracrat" person that we saw in past episodes and it definatly huminized him.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                  while were at it why not just cancel the whole show all together because those things have made the show great, i liked Unending, it had a lot of action a developed the story (and we got a whole lot of tech ) Keller i think is also a good character, she a light hearted, funny, and kind replacment for Beckett, and as for woolsey, i like him also because we get to see a new side to him instead of that "grumpy old man beauracrat" person that we saw in past episodes and it definatly huminized him.
                  Not only that..but with Woolsey we are getting to see a character who is growing. You can already see it happening. Woolsey is a character that they can change, and can really play with. And there is a lot of tension with the team still. he did not come on and immedietly things were great, sure go Sheppard, there is a lot les leeway.
                  And add to that is you have another chracter that is comic relief with out intentionally being that relief like O'Neill, Mitchell, Shep, Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    Keeping Keller. Good. keeping Woolsey great. I am so enjoying his character and the reactions that he is having with the rest of the team, his character is exactly what I wanted from it, along with a lot more.
                    And for the most part, IMO, SG has not been crap for the last few years. Aside from the Ex Deus Machinas, and that awful scene in Off The Grid. Gate has not been that unpalitable.
                    Granted it could be a lot better as well, but, nothing is perfect after all.

You have a signature of that "actress" Emma Watson, so I'm finding it hard to take you seriously I'm afraid.

However, watch SG-1 seasons 3, 4, 5 and 6 and you'll see Stargate at it's outstanding prime. The vast majority of stuff since then has just been crap, hence SG-1's eventual cancellation.

I watch Atlantis because I usually quite enjoy it, and I hope that it will be as good as the good old days again...

Comment

You have a signature of that "actress" Emma Watson, so I'm finding it hard to take you seriously I'm afraid.

However, watch SG-1 seasons 3, 4, 5 and 6 and you'll see Stargate at it's outstanding prime. The vast majority of stuff since then has just been crap, hence SG-1's eventual cancellation.

I watch Atlantis because I usually quite enjoy it, and I hope that it will be as good as the good old days again...
                      Ha ha.
                      I have. And I love Sesaons , four, five and six, more then nine and ten actually. Well perhaps for season 4. But the rest yeah. And I am not saying nine and ten were not as good as some of early SG-1. But I still liked it, and I am still puzzled that the cancellation could have been quality.
                      And Atlantis and SG-1 should be two different things, as they are trying to do. And last season Atlantis did an excellent job of standing on its own.

Comment

You know, despite the sig (which DOES make me feel like a pedophile to even have on my screen), he's actually making valid points.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          You know, despite the sig (which DOES make me feel like a pedophile to even have on my screen), he's actually making valid points.
                          *flexes muscles*
                          Thank you, thank you. It actually is a good ego stroking to hear that.

Comment

See there is a reason why some people don't get to make decisions, I hated daedalus variations (I got so bored, because it was so predictable) and I loved absolutely loved unending. I usually end up enjoying what the writers create, it is just those random shows that I don't care for.

Comment

Originally posted by jefferyb View Post
                              See there is a reason why some people don't get to make decisions, I hated daedalus variations (I got so bored, because it was so predictable) and I loved absolutely loved unending. I usually end up enjoying what the writers create, it is just those random shows that I don't care for.
                              And Daedelus Variations was random?
                              Not really IMO, sure. It was a stand alone for most of the plot, but it should introduce some new plot elements for the rest of the show.
                              And actually when you get down to it this show was an improved version of "Ripple Effect" because we never did see that whole wire thing again, and we will see these aliens again more then likely.
                              Although I do like the two episodes about the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X