This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering...

1)Where did the young russian soldier disappear to after the scene where alternative Tealc and etc meet up at the russian gate?

2)Why did Cam disappear in the altered timeline? his grandfather looked really old when he was captaining the Achilles and surely already fathered cam's mother/father?

Originally posted by blade82 View Post
    1)Where did the young russian soldier disappear to after the scene where alternative Tealc and etc meet up at the russian gate?

2)Why did Cam disappear in the altered timeline? his grandfather looked really old when he was captaining the Achilles and surely already fathered cam's mother/father?
    I think he ran off after he gave Cam a weapon; as he did suggest they leave the base due to the Al'kesh landing. SG-1 decided to stay behind for some reason though.

Possibly he lived the remainder of his live on Earth, or much cooler than that; which has been suggested around here- he takes Ba'al's portable DHD and travels the Stars with it.

Comment

Good questions, thought about those as well.

1) Ran away/got away or ran away/couldn't get beyond the sheild and got blown up?

2) We have seen Cams Dad in Bounty (2007) and he looked, what 50? (if that) so that would mean he would have been born in 1957. We saw Cams grandad in 1939 and he looked about 55? (being generous) that would mean he farthered Cams Dad when he was 73! lol well men can still father children into there 80-90s I believe (although a rare occurance) but still...

oh well whos counting
      Last edited by Sprinkles; 12 August 2008, 04:19 PM.
      AncientsTimeline

Comment

Spoiler:
        I think Cam's Grandfather in the alternate timeline died. If you looked at how he was walking, the wound itself, he wouldn't have been able to survive long. So the way I see it, Cam's Grandfather saved the ship, saved the gate, but died because of the wound he gained from the staff blast.

That's what I think happened to Cam's Grandfather in the above. As for the first one, ran off and got killed maybe by the blast.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post

2) We have seen Cams Dad in Bounty (2007) and he looked, what 50? (if that) so that would mean he would have been born in 1957. We saw Cams grandad in 1939 and he looked about 55? (being generous) that would mean he farthered Cams Dad when he was 73! lol well men can still father children into there 80-90s I believe (although a rare occurance) but still...
          Good point! thanks! I'm surprised that Cam's grandfather, and Cam himself didn't notice the resemblance between his grandfather and his aged (alternate) self (thinking of the photo in his locker)!

Comment

I don't think Cam's grand father was that old, maybe 45. Being out on the sea is going to age a man fairly quickly with all the sun and weather and really hard work, especially in those days. They didn't worry about SPF then, that's for sure!

But he ran around on the ship just as well as Cam.

Also, Cam's dad must have been older than fifty when we saw him in 2007, unless he had Cam when he was 13 or so! Cam was born in 1969. So his dad was most likely born no later than 1949, which by my reckoning puts his grandfather at 55 then, give or take.

As for the soldier, he beat it. Whether or not he made it out, we don't know. Depends on how fast he ran.
            Last edited by VSS; 13 August 2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              I don't think Cam's grand father was that old, maybe 45. Being out on the sea is going to age a man fairly quickly with all the sun and weather and really hard work, especially in those days. They didn't worry about SPF then, that's for sure!

But he ran around on the ship just as well as Cam.

Also, Cam's dad must have been older than fifty when we saw him in 2007, unless he had Cam when he was 13 or so! Cam was born in 1969. So his dad was most likely born no later than 1949, which by my reckoning puts his grandfather at 55 then, give or take.

As for the soldier, he beat it. Whether or not he made it out, we don't know. Depends on how fast he ran.

Good points! Thats seems more reasonable
              I had forgotten the cannon about Cams age. Cams Dad would have to be about 65 in Bounty then (presuming he fathered Cam when he was about 17) He just didn't really look it (to me).
              Still 55 is abit late in life to start having kids Maybe it was the grey bushy beard that added to the 'aged' look.
              I guess in the end to differenciate Grampa from Cam it's alot easier to make someone look older than younger (after all cometic companies have been trying for years )
              Last edited by Sprinkles; 13 August 2008, 04:33 PM.
              AncientsTimeline

Comment

Good point! thanks! I'm surprised that Cam's grandfather, and Cam himself didn't notice the resemblance between his grandfather and his aged (alternate) self (thinking of the photo in his locker)!
                I wonder if there is another story behind that? (like a family story about a long lost brother or something) I know Ben Browder has written a back story for Cam which I believe can be downloaded from Itunes, but I havn't watched it as yet.
                Last edited by Sprinkles; 13 August 2008, 04:34 PM.
                AncientsTimeline

Comment

I think he was just more fuzzy than old. And the big nose added to it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
                    Good points! Thats seems more reasonable
                    I had forgotten the cannon about Cams age. Cams Dad would have to be about 65 in Bounty then (presuming he fathered Cam when he was about 17) He just didn't really look it (to me).
                    Still 55 is abit late in life to start having kids Maybe it was the grey bushy beard that added to the 'aged' look.
                    I guess in the end to differenciate Grampa from Cam it's alot easier to make someone look older than younger (after all cometic companies have been trying for years )
                    Well, there were, unfortunately, fewer young men around after WWII. So that gave him a shot with the younger ladies.

Actually, he could have been younger than 45 even. As you say, it's easy to make a person old, and easy for people to look old in RL (think Keith Richards). And if the guy looked 40, he'd have looked like Cam!

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                    I think he was just more fuzzy than old. And the big nose added to it.
                    The nose reminded me of rosacea, which is an illness people have all their lives (think W.C. Fields) but the effects add up over time, so we associate it with older people. I'd have liked a different nose, but not bulbous like that. The fuzzy part is definitely true, and in the end Cam wore a beard (to disguise him from his future family and because he was a seaman, I presume) so they couldn't give his grandfather a brown beard, they had to gray it up a bit and that made him look older or they'd look the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X