parrallel universe split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parrallel universe split

how much differential needs to be caused in order to create a parallel universe?

one is created for every action. so would a new dimension b created if i chose a blue pen over a red pen, or does it have to be something significant in order break the margin differences.

even still there wud b an infinite number of dimension where earth is exactly the same, however another planet in the MW is different.

deadalus variations plot
    Spoiler:
    so is each jump in the deadalus variations a massive jump or a position closely relative to our dimension? same goes for the quantum mirror which arranges and flicks thru dimensions close to the one ur in. so shud we not see a load of earth identical to ours with the only difference being how many trees were cut down in the amazon?

Actually every thing happening can cause a split. There are also universes with alternate starts, having alternate laws of physics and having different times. Also traveling back in time can cause an alternate reality as withnessed in Before I Sleep. The Weir travelled back in time and made our reality, while in our alternate reality atlantis didn't rise to the ocean and the shield was not connected to parallel ZPMs. Also everybody except Weir died there. So traveling back in time creates two realities, the one you came from and the one affected by you travelling back..

Also it is believed that because you have self-consistency you always create an alternate reality when you travel back in time. You create an alternate reality when you move back in time and that alternate reality is created so that you actions don't affect your future. If you were to kill your dad it would be an alternate reality where you don't exist (except the you that travelled there) and prevents changed to your futute. Because if it would affect your future you could never have travelled back and killed your father.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
      If you were to kill your dad it would be an alternate reality where you don't exist (except the you that travelled there) and prevents changed to your futute. Because if it would affect your future you could never have travelled back and killed your father.
      thats only true if he travels back before his dad helped make him, if i travel back in time to yesterday and kill my dad, yeah i would still have existed, but the need to travel back in time to kill my dad doesn't... so it would be a different split

but basically there are an infinite number of realities, because there are an infinite number of possibilities for the infinite number of things you can thing of that can change, like in some you are a girl, and in some you are a boy... don't look at me like that, its just an x y decision, whose the strongest swimmer and all

Comment

Yes but if you killed you dad yesterday other things wouldn't have happened. For example you travel back and kill your dad and the you of that time get's imprisoned or is on the run preventing him/her to travel back in time, which prevents you from killing you dad. Every action can cause a alternate reality. Even events you cause could change your mind and you would not travel back after all. Therefore an alternate reality is created to prevent you making actions that would change yourself (for example preventing your own birth or driving yourself mad)

Comment

my point really wasn't about time travel!

its about the degree of differences that has to take place for an alternate dimension to take place. does it have to be a massive thing like a planet being destroyed or little as different president on earth or a far a way world.

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
            how much differential needs to be caused in order to create a parallel universe?

one is created for every action. so would a new dimension b created if i chose a blue pen over a red pen, or does it have to be something significant in order break the margin differences.

even still there wud b an infinite number of dimension where earth is exactly the same, however another planet in the MW is different.

deadalus variations plot
            Spoiler:
            so is each jump in the deadalus variations a massive jump or a position closely relative to our dimension? same goes for the quantum mirror which arranges and flicks thru dimensions close to the one ur in. so shud we not see a load of earth identical to ours with the only difference being how many trees were cut down in the amazon?
            Wait are you talking about dimensions or universes because there are 10 or 11 dimensions but near infinite alternate universes, and yes every chocie would branch off so there would be a universe were you chose a red pen and one where you chose a blue pen

KEEP IT CLEAN
            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
              Wait are you talking about dimensions or universes because there are 10 or 11 dimensions but near infinite alternate universes, and yes every chocie would branch off so there would be a universe were you chose a red pen and one where you chose a blue pen
              yeah sorry alternate dimension not 10-11 dimensions we kind of live in.

so if there was a universe for when i chose a red pen instead of a blue. that would make it ridiculous travelling thru dimensions in order. quantum mirror and deadalus jumps must make bigger jumps than just the dimension nest to ours.

so if say u lost what dimension u were from and got to one exactly the same where just some joey like me chose a different pen wud u care? or wud u b so anal about things u'd have to move?

Comment

they make a jump to the point where the things ARE different

Comment

Working...
                X