X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala's real age

Spoiler:
    as i recall in continuum she mentions to Ba'al whilst stabbing him that i haven't left your sight in 70 years...

what's the deal here?
    The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Spoiler:
    there are two possibilities ; that Qe'tesh has been with Ba'al decades but only more recently took Vala as a host. The second possibility is that Vala was taken as a host decades ago and had her life extended by Qe'tesh in the usual manner.

Of course, now that you mention it, that does make it odd how her father fits in. Either he has had his life extended (by a Goa'uld or other means) or the first possibility is in fact the correct one. Perhaps Ba'al insisted Qe'tesh take Vala, which helped raised her suspicions.

Comment

Just for the record, I watched Continuum earlier and it was 'fifty' years she mentioned. That doesn't mean it could have been even longer than that since they met (no doubt by his arrangement).
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

or the writers screwed up and forgot that we had already seen her dad, so even if she had been taken as a teen - and qetesh hadn't ceased her aging, but simply slowed it - she can't have been a host more than 30-40 years, based on teh appearance of her father
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
          Just for the record, I watched Continuum earlier and it was 'fifty' years she mentioned.
          Sounds like "fifteen" to me. The DVD subtitles say "50", but it wouldn't be the first time the subtitles got something wrong. Besides, fifteen makes sense.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

i heard 'fifty years'

which would make sense if baal left earth in 1939 and started his conquest for power, which was 70ish years ago. give him a few years to get some power, then get qetesh into vala.

about the only logical explanatio is if QETESH had been at ba'al's side...but VALA was only recently taken as host (although how did ba'al know to go and find a single human to be a new host when all he really wanted was the goa'uld????)

my gut feeling is that it's a plot hole that they just dismissed, and honestly not one we'd have known about had vala not said 'fifty years!!!'

sigpic

Comment

You sure all he wanted was the Goa'uld? Apophis would disagree. They want the right host as well.

I'll buy that "Qetesh was with Ba'al before Vala/Qetesh" was; if the timeline works, then Vala wouldn't even be born until recently anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                Sounds like "fifteen" to me. The DVD subtitles say "50", but it wouldn't be the first time the subtitles got something wrong. Besides, fifteen makes sense.
                Thats what I heard as well
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

It is possible that Qetesh changed lots of hosts in order to escape from Athena, and Vala must of been the last one, IMO.
                  It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
                  -Dexter-

Comment

hot

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      hot
                      not

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i heard 'fifty years'

about the only logical explanatio is if QETESH had been at ba'al's side...but VALA was only recently taken as host (although how did ba'al know to go and find a single human to be a new host when all he really wanted was the goa'uld????)
                        That's exactly what I thought when I heard "Fifty years", too. I figured he'd found Qetesh and made her his queen, in whatever host she was in, and then located Vala when the timing was about right and got Qetesh to swap hosts for him. How did he find Vala....? Nope, I'm stumped on that one, too, but since they gave us "fifty years" I guess we're going to have to find a way of accepting SOMEthing!
                        sigpic

Comment

It would have made sense for Ba'al to go searching for Vala to be Quetesh's host. It's the same kind of thing as wanting Teal'c as his first prime. It's the ultimate irony!

As to how he found Vala? Well, it's possible that not much changed in the new timeline, where Vala/Quetesh is concerned.
                          sigpic

Comment

it's a plot hole that could have been closed had qetesh said 'kept me by your side MY WHOLE LIFE!!!'

and left the numbers out of it.

these boys have a bad habit of numbers getting them in trouble. for example, in threads, jacob saying that he and selmac had been blended for 6 years i think, when it was really much longer.

or, sam saying in death knell that it'd been a month since evolution. which means that grace, chimera and fallout all happened within that month...which, given sam's injuries, just isn't really possible, also given that she went from 'i gotta get a life' to having an intimate partner in two weeks is VERY un-sam like.

Basically, they don't seem to keep track of details well enough to go into detail with their scripts. And keep forgetting that fact.

sigpic

Comment

I heard fifty years, but in all I don't think it really matters. They have a lot of things to keep track of and personally a few numbers being gotten wrong is the least of the worries, the major question here for me was, did I enjoy the film? Yes, therefore they did a good job even though the number of years here maybe wrong.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X