PDA

View Full Version : Glad to say this...Season 7 was VERY Good!

Icemancmd
November 9th, 2004, 08:56 AM
I dont know what other thought except one who posted a thread similar to this but I just finished watching season 7 on DVD and i enjoyed it a lot. Im not going to compare it to other seasons because I always love each season. Here is what I rated each ep.

Fallen - Great way to bring danny back the way they did. Enjoyed the ep from start to end. Very exciting to see SG1 defeat Anubis powerful weapon. 4/5
HOMECOMING- Part 2, another great ep. Seeing Jonas world finally attempt to come together was nice. 4/5
FRAGILE BALANCE- Decent ep, a comical one im my view. Nice ending 3/5.
ORPHEUS- Great great esp. 5/5
REVISIONS- Found this to be a very entertaining ep. 4/5
LIFEBOAT- Ok ep, wasnt the best of season 7 but still alright. 3/5
ENEMY MINE- Same as above 3/5
SPACE RACE- I was comming into the ep expecting it to be horrible from what I heard around the board but it wasnt. Enjoyed it. 3/5
AVENGER 2.0- I liked this ep a lot more then other did. 4/5
BIRTHRIGHT- This was one of the few i didnt like as much. 2.5/5
EVOLUTION, PART 1+2 - New form a enemy? About time a more powerful footsolider shows up. 4/5
GRACE - Once again thought it was better then most, around a 3 to 3.5 outta 5. The girl thing was kinda wierd though.
FALLOUT- One of my favorites of the season 4.5/5
CHIMERA- Alright ep. Hard to follow up from a great ep before it though. 3/5
DEATH KNELL- Another one of my favorites. 4.5/5
Heros Part 1- Comical, loved the part where the guy who controls the Startgate (sry i cant think of his name) saids on camera "I like to change it up a bit at the end and instead of saying Chervon 7 Engared I say Locked" LOL that was great. 3.5/5 (but after watching part 2 it gets bumped to a 4/5)
Heros Part 2- Went from a Comical to EXTREME serious...WOW thats all i can say...top 3 favorites esps of all time...not for the fact that I loved the esp so much but for the fact it will be the most memorible one...Janet will be missed!!" 5/5
RESURRECTION- Worst esp of the season, Top 3 worst esps ever...sorry Shanks 1.5/5
INAUGURATION- Picked a GREAT person and actor to play the president. Enjoyed the ep a lot 4/5
Lost City Parts 1+2 (on DVD they didnt break the parts apart but put it just in one) GREAT GREAT GREAT esp! This had EVERYTHING! One of my favorite parts is when they were looking at the radar and they said "Anubis Fleet comming from the west.....More comming from the east....but ARNT from Anubis and then GEORGE HAMMAND pops in ready to attack and protect SG1. WOW thats all i can say...George risking it all to go attack the ship that was shooting down also..he is a TRUE TRUE leader and they made him go out the very best they could (well not out out but out of the "action") 5/5...another memorible esp that I will never forget. Also one of my favorites moments in the esp was when Anubis hologram went into the president office and said "You will bow down before you God" and the President Laughs and saids" I dont think So" The way he said it was just very well done. Once again GREAT choice on getting him to be president.

So overall i really enjoyed season 7.

Sam fan
November 9th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I really enjoyed Season 7 aswell I liked the character development and I loved how the team dealt with such a bad loss in Heroe's- Don't worry your not alone.

mcdonis
November 12th, 2004, 05:13 PM
You know for the life of me I dont understand why people hate this season (season 7). In my book its one of the top seasons of all.

I wonder if losing Daniel for a season kind of poisoned people to the show.

In any case its nice to see that not everyone thinks Sea 7 is crap.

GateTraveler
November 13th, 2004, 12:55 AM
S7 wasn't bad. Wasn't the best but certainly not nearly as bad as the people here make it out to be.

You're not alone. I believe this was the 2nd highest rated season to date so there are a lot of people who agree with you - just not here.

What I find so strange is all those who think the show is crap but hang around here for years crapping on it...

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
November 13th, 2004, 02:05 PM
I don't understand why so many people complain about this season. I think it was really good.
There are a lot of very well done episodes, good characterization, interesting stories...

A really excellent season. Although I personally didn't like how they brought Danny back and sent off Jonas. I think it could have been better managed but it's not bad.

norriski
November 13th, 2004, 05:58 PM
I too really enjoyed season 7. Of the 22 episodes there were only I think 2 that I would rate a 3 or lowing on my scale of 1-5....and the work done and the 4 two parters (at least that's how I saw them) Fallen/Homecoming, Heros 1&2, Evolution 1&2, and Lost City 1&2 which equals what 8 of the 22 hours or 36% of the air time are amoung my favorites of all time... So, while I'll respect those that didn't like the season because it was a little more about character development than we've seen in the past I really enjoyed learning more about the characters and what keeps them going....

Shipperahoy
November 13th, 2004, 08:03 PM
There hasn't been a Stargate episode yet that I've absolutely hated but there are a few that I wouldn't choose to watch over again and season 7 has the majority of those for me. But the thing with season 7 was that when the episodes were good they were REALLY good. Heroes 2 is probably my all time favorite Stargate episode. So while season 7 wasn't my favorite season overall it's not my least favorite either.

.:Lemon:.
November 13th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Season 7 got a lot of mixed reactions. Some liked it, but then again many people hated it.

Personally I thought it was okay. I don't think it was as good as some of the other seasons, but I still though it was reasonable. There were a few episodes that I really liked from season 7 such as Heroes. I definately don't hate it, like some people do.

Iskandra
December 18th, 2004, 03:16 AM
I have to agree with Shipperahoy - season 7 had a few really _awful_ epsiodes, but some absolute jewels as well....I still think some people might have overreacted... :eek:

TechnoWraith
December 18th, 2004, 06:25 PM
I'm going to agree with everyone here: Season 7 was good. Though there were a couple episodes that were hit-and-miss, overall, the entire season was good. In my opinion, "Lost City" has to be one the best episodes in Season 7.

THE BIG UNIT
December 18th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Season 7 is my third favourite season. It had alot of good character stories, aswell as action. I thought it was great.

aeromathlete
December 18th, 2004, 07:31 PM
We have two threads saying basically the same thing right now. Maybe a mod could merge them?

But Season 7 was great. I've seen the whole season now, and I have no real complaints with it. ;) I mean, there is a certain cop who IMO wouldn't really have been missed, but I can deal with that.

Great season!

Flyboy
December 20th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Season 7, fits into the top of my season list. It goes rigth alongside season one as being my favourite; followed closely by Season 2 and 6. Even if my favourite episode (WoO) is season 4

melpomene
December 21st, 2004, 08:51 AM
I heard a lot of talk about how awful it was but i loved it. Great stories great drama and lots of character development, great action, great comedy.....
I guess I'd take 7's really bads and Extremely goods over 6's many mediocre's

jckfan55
December 21st, 2004, 11:40 AM
Not to be a pollyanna, but even the episodes I didn't think were as good as others overall,(Space Race comes to mind) had some really good moments.

Ajayrious
December 21st, 2004, 10:10 PM
Whats wrong with Lifeboat!! , Shanks gave a great performance in that episode and it was one of my favourites of the early season, there were awful episodes like Grace, Chimera, Avenger 2.0... but there were also fantastic episodes like Heroes, Lost City,

SEason 7 was much better than season 6 and on a par with season 5

Albion
December 22nd, 2004, 01:45 AM
Well, I've only been able to watch S7 once when I recorded the episodes from SKY. This due to a fit of brilliant planning which saw my husband buying a recordable DVD player and then packing the VCR away in the loft...which was a bit of a bugger given that all my S7 episodes are on...videotape. Do'h!

Still, this has a bright side as it means I'm really, really looking forward to getting the boxed set when it comes out in March. Meantime, typically, I keep thinking of brilliant moments in S7 I want to see again...probably just because I know I can't. (Well, I could, if I went to all the trouble of unhooking the DVD player and hooking up the VCR, but I think I'm into delayed gratafication on this one <g>. The anticipation is actually fun.)

I didn't think overall the season was a terrible one. There were a few episodes that bored me - Lifeboat (sorry Ajayrious :D ), Revisions, Fallout - but there were others that I really loved and would be on my list of A+ episodes to watch over and over and enjoy just as much on the nth watching as on the first.

I do tend though to view a show as moments rather than as overall seasons or episodes. Whether an episode bores me or is a favourite depends on how much ff I do while watching it and how many 'moment's there are that I stop to rewind and watch again. Moments can be anything - a whole episode can be transformed from boring to brilliant for me just on a look or expression or a gesture. If there are whole scenes that are 'moments' all the better! So it's difficult for me to declare an entire season duff at any point.

S7 has a lot of favourite moments though and I'm really looking forward to watching them again soon.

What didn't I like about Lifeboat in particular, Ajayrious? I think it just comes down to a matter of personal taste and it not having much of what I enjoy in the show. That's humour and character interaction. I agree that MS did a superb job of acting out all the personalities and there were some moments that I liked...but for the most part this is an episode I'd ff 99% of the way through. But then I would rate Avenger 2.0 as one of the highlights of S7, so we're even. :D

Albion :)

majorsal
December 22nd, 2004, 04:30 PM
Whats wrong with Lifeboat!! , Shanks gave a great performance in that episode and it was one of my favourites of the early season, there were awful episodes like Grace, Chimera, Avenger 2.0... but there were also fantastic episodes like Heroes, Lost City,

SEason 7 was much better than season 6 and on a par with season 5

I thought Grace was great. I watched it again last night (huge Sam/Amanda fan). I thought Amanda was *wonderful* in it. The only ep I didn't like was Chimera, and since I'm a shipper, I'm sure you can figure out why. :p

Sally :D

LordAnubis
December 22nd, 2004, 09:04 PM
I dont know what other thought except one who posted a thread similar to this but I just finished watching season 7 on DVD and i enjoyed it a lot. Im not going to compare it to other seasons because I always love each season. Here is what I rated each ep.

Fallen - Great way to bring danny back the way they did. Enjoyed the ep from start to end. Very exciting to see SG1 defeat Anubis powerful weapon. 4/5
HOMECOMING- Part 2, another great ep. Seeing Jonas world finally attempt to come together was nice. 4/5
FRAGILE BALANCE- Decent ep, a comical one im my view. Nice ending 3/5.
ORPHEUS- Great great esp. 5/5
REVISIONS- Found this to be a very entertaining ep. 4/5
LIFEBOAT- Ok ep, wasnt the best of season 7 but still alright. 3/5
ENEMY MINE- Same as above 3/5
SPACE RACE- I was comming into the ep expecting it to be horrible from what I heard around the board but it wasnt. Enjoyed it. 3/5
AVENGER 2.0- I liked this ep a lot more then other did. 4/5
BIRTHRIGHT- This was one of the few i didnt like as much. 2.5/5
EVOLUTION, PART 1+2 - New form a enemy? About time a more powerful footsolider shows up. 4/5
GRACE - Once again thought it was better then most, around a 3 to 3.5 outta 5. The girl thing was kinda wierd though.
FALLOUT- One of my favorites of the season 4.5/5
CHIMERA- Alright ep. Hard to follow up from a great ep before it though. 3/5
DEATH KNELL- Another one of my favorites. 4.5/5
Heros Part 1- Comical, loved the part where the guy who controls the Startgate (sry i cant think of his name) saids on camera "I like to change it up a bit at the end and instead of saying Chervon 7 Engared I say Locked" LOL that was great. 3.5/5 (but after watching part 2 it gets bumped to a 4/5)
Heros Part 2- Went from a Comical to EXTREME serious...WOW thats all i can say...top 3 favorites esps of all time...not for the fact that I loved the esp so much but for the fact it will be the most memorible one...Janet will be missed!!" 5/5
RESURRECTION- Worst esp of the season, Top 3 worst esps ever...sorry Shanks 1.5/5
INAUGURATION- Picked a GREAT person and actor to play the president. Enjoyed the ep a lot 4/5
Lost City Parts 1+2 (on DVD they didnt break the parts apart but put it just in one) GREAT GREAT GREAT esp! This had EVERYTHING! One of my favorite parts is when they were looking at the radar and they said "Anubis Fleet comming from the west.....More comming from the east....but ARNT from Anubis and then GEORGE HAMMAND pops in ready to attack and protect SG1. WOW thats all i can say...George risking it all to go attack the ship that was shooting down also..he is a TRUE TRUE leader and they made him go out the very best they could (well not out out but out of the "action") 5/5...another memorible esp that I will never forget. Also one of my favorites moments in the esp was when Anubis hologram went into the president office and said "You will bow down before you God" and the President Laughs and saids" I dont think So" The way he said it was just very well done. Once again GREAT choice on getting him to be president.

So overall i really enjoyed season 7.
I really enjoyed Season 7 too. Good episodes, good character development and great plots.

Nolamom
December 23rd, 2004, 06:44 AM
I really enjoyed much of season 7, but I'm still ticked about losing Jonas. Daniel and Jonas were great together! Ah, well... I'm planning an orgy of SG-1 watching when I get out of the hospital after surgery week after next. Good thing I have the DVD sets!

walter_MacChevron
March 8th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I couldnt find a thread like this when I searched for it, so this thread is ONLY for people who appreciate the majority of episodes in Season 7. To me, this season breathed fresh air into the concept, this season is what stargae should be. I mean, they have a good mix of earth-based, strictly off-world, and/or character develoment episodes. I view every episode as what it should be. Such episodes like Enemy Mine, are looked down upon because they are "boring". But I view it as an episode centered around the develoment of the Unas, a better look at a species race and culture. Same with Avenger 2.0, I knew this wouldnt be a shoot 'em up episode, just a goofy camp episode of sorts. This is one of my favorite seasons!

Anybody else agree?

Jonzey
March 13th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I really like season 7. It's got a lot of episodes I like to watch over and over again.

In particular I like:
Fallen
Homecoming
Fragile Balance
Orpheus
Space Race
Lifeboat
Evolution 1 & 2
Death Knell
Heroes 1 & 2
Lost City 1 & 2

And the ones I don't like so much:
Chimera
Inauguration

So on the whole I think it's a great season.

Anubis345
March 24th, 2005, 12:34 PM
glad there is someone out there who loves season7 as much as i do

SISKO
March 26th, 2005, 10:20 AM
I think that season seven was the best.

I mean, sure, by season seven, with it's many, MANY plot threads , it had essentially become a space opera, but so WHAT?????
IT WAS THE BEST SEASON, AND THE ONLY OTHER SEASON TO MATCH IT IS SEASONE EIGHT

Avalar
March 26th, 2005, 12:17 PM
L O L

Do U Liek Question MARKS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

So Do I!#1?????????????????????????????
?
?????
????

?

Raicho
March 28th, 2005, 12:56 AM
I really like it when the writers finally decide to expand upon a certain race/civilization. I saw some of that in season 7, but not as much as the other seasons.

Needless to say I still enjoyed most of the episodes.

Space Race, Fragile Balance, Enemy Mine, Revisions and Lifeboat really opened up on to some new civilizations and gave details on how they work. Hopefully they expand even more in season 9.

Ote_4_T
May 17th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I wished Daniel stayed dead and we kept Jonus. Daniel<Jonus

Jeff O'Connor
May 17th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I wished Daniel stayed dead and we kept Jonus. Daniel<Jonus

Care to back that statement up with any actual reasoning for anyone else to perhaps be potentially persuaded by your personal picture, there? ;)

Lida
May 17th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Care to back that statement up with any actual reasoning for anyone else to perhaps be potentially persuaded by your personal picture, there? ;)

Before this goes any further, please stop, take a deep breath, and count to 100!!!!! Then discuss your individual preferences, with calm rhetoric. Sound good?

Cause if this degenerates into a flame throwing argument, the Mods will be displeased. You do NOT want to displease the Mods, trust me. :D ;)

I personally liked BOTH Daniel and Jonas in thier roles and had even hoped TPTB would continue to use Jonas, if not as a regular, than a more frequent guest, as his knowledge of the Ancient's language was a little superior to Daniel's, as was his capacity to learn more quickly. But I was very happy when Danny returned. :D

Easter Lily
May 28th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Not my favourite season... that would be Season 6... but still generally watchable...
Heroes Part 2 was a high point in the season... and the introduction of the Super Soldiers was interesting too.

Missed Jonas muchly...

Jeffer
May 28th, 2005, 09:47 AM
S7 was awesome one of my favs and Lost city part 2 was amazing. I think that this weeks part 2 episode will top it. I know i've been waiting for it for a while Replicators Vs. Goa'uld Vs. Humans its going to be INTENSE

Anubis345
May 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM
love season seven and always do

Ote_4_T
May 29th, 2005, 05:27 PM

Not really, I don't care to try to convert people. Not my style. But season 6 was one of the best seasons...

fair_nymph
May 30th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I love all the seasons, and think they are all 'very good' -- but season 7 is probably my least favourite season so far (although I'm only halway through s8 and it's not going so well IMO :\). Very enjoyable, but not amazingly good like seasons 3 and 4, IMO.

For me part of the issue was NO GOOD SAM EPISODES! It's like TPTB have abandoned Sam-centric episodes a few years ago. Seeing as she is my favourite character, I just want to a little more Sam-time.

Other issues -- a lot of 'filler' eps that don't progress the series main story lines and don't convey particularily meaningful messages. Too much focus on secondary characters (Avenger, etc). Not enough Jacob. Oh, and I'm so SICK OF ANUBIS! Die already! :p

That said, there were a few really great eps that I enjoyed wholeheartedly, and with the possible exception of Chimera, there were no 'bad' episodes. I also love new and improved Daniel, and it's great to have him back after s6 (although will always miss Jonas). He did a particularly fabulous job in Lifeboat.