Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding Continuum: How did Teal'c know there was another Stargate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Continuum: How did Teal'c know there was another Stargate?

I'm talking about the one the Russians find. If the Stargate Baal had Teal'c search for was destroyed how did he know there was another? Did I miss something?

Scan for alien tech?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Naquadah. Earth doesn't have any naqudah with the exception of the Stargates. So Teal'c could scan for naquadah to find the gate
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

64,000 pounds of naqahdah would be mighty easy to find if you knew what you were looking for

remember, ba'al also knew that earth had 2 gates, so teal'c knew that it was there, he just needed to look for it
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treebeard1213 View Post
          I'm talking about the one the Russians find. If the Stargate Baal had Teal'c search for was destroyed how did he know there was another? Did I miss something?
          Teal'c scanned both the site where Ba'al left the ship & the site where the ancient weapon was. Ba'al knew there were 2 gates & was shocked when the Antarctic gate was being used because we shouldn't have known either existed. Naqahdah would be easy to find being its not native to earth. It'd be easy to realize the 1st gate was gone & to scan for it & find it in Russia

Comment

Originally posted by Treebeard1213 View Post
            It was in the script.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

In the meeting of the Goa'uld lords, Baal told them that "their Stargate has been buried for centuries and was subsequently involved in an unfortunate 'boating accident'."

A stargate involved in a "boating accident" would not be "lodged in a crevasse in the Southern Continent." That is where Baal told Teeal'c to search.

Did Teal'c put two and two together and surmise that there was a second stargate from the the search instructions and from Baal's words to the Sytstem Lords in his presence?

Or did he know of the "boating accident" from other conservations with Baal?

When he "searched" for the southern stargate, did he search for the other at the same time? (If so, then he withheld this information from Baal in his report about the stargate on the Southern Continent)

But it's possible that Teal'c knew about the other stargate from Baal. Teal'c had orders to execute "final instructions" if something should happen to Baal. So it's possible that Baal himself included knowledge of the other stargate in his failsafe plan.
              Last edited by Margaret; 12 August 2008, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X