The Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Virus

Ok if the anicents were so smart how come they didn't come up with the retro virus for the Wraith .I mean the atlantis team seems to be coming up with some simlpy ways to fight the wraith and win where as the so caled anicents fought them for centuries and got their asses kicked.

The writers dumed down the Acients a lot.

Comment

It's possible they did, but also couldn't get over the problem of necessary injections so they abandoned it for a more permanent solution.

Also, if this is in reference to the Seed, then I'm not entirely sure how that even worked.

Comment

Mebes they did, mebes thats what the captain of the Aurora found out and wanted to tell atlantis..

Who knows

Comment

Personally, I see it that the Ancients believed themselves to be so superior at first and that since they were winning the battles, they didnt see the need for a biological based weapon that turned their foe into Humans. It was only by the end of the war did they consider a biological weapon namely the Ancient nanovirus that became the Asurans and by then I think it was far too late.

Anyway, the retrovirus isnt exactly a marvelous weapon since the Wraith have the potential of reverting. So you would have turned numerous Wraith into Humans who now have the potential of infiltrating Human society and begin feeding once their memory returns.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

If I remeber correctly, doctor Carson Beckett says, thet he continue's lantian's experimentation. Why they stop? maybe they look that was waste of time, or imbosible work.
            Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
              If I remeber correctly, doctor Carson Beckett says, thet he continue's lantian's experimentation. Why they stop? maybe they look that was waste of time, or imbosible work.
              or maybe they never got to finish.

also maybe they were overwhelmed with winning battles but losing the war and they were probably always on the move from the wraith

KEEP IT CLEAN
              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Or maybe they thought that they couldn't get the retrovirus aboard the Wraith ships. It would have been pointless to create a super-weapon that could defeat your enemy if you didn't have a delivery system for it. The Ancients didn't have beaming technology as advanced as the Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                  Or maybe they thought that they couldn't get the retrovirus aboard the Wraith ships. It would have been pointless to create a super-weapon that could defeat your enemy if you didn't have a delivery system for it. The Ancients didn't have beaming technology as advanced as the Asgard.
                  But they could use it as defence. If somewho wraith can arrive Atlantis, there could somekind (like fireprotect our factory) nozzle, witch feed that retrovirus-gas. You may think, that Atlantian people trust their shields & etc witch protect that, but why then add sensors wraith detectors?

Beaming is not only way deliver it. They could find hybernating wraith ships and fullfilled that full of gas.
                  Asgard in memoriam

Comment

But they could use it as defence. If somewho wraith can arrive Atlantis, there could somekind (like fireprotect our factory) nozzle, witch feed that retrovirus-gas. You may think, that Atlantian people trust their shields & etc witch protect that, but why then add sensors wraith detectors?

Beaming is not only way deliver it. They could find hybernating wraith ships and fullfilled that full of gas.
                    I don't think that's such a good idea... if Wraith somehow got into Atlantis, pass the shield, then presumably they can bring in as many troops as they want and eventually they'll realize what the gas is doing and either come with some form of gas masks, or wait until the Ancients run out of it, or just blow up the city. And Atlantis doesn't have Wraith sensors, it has an advanced life-signs detector that can "differentiate between various life forms" (McKay or Zelenka said this in the Siege part III if I remember correctly). That doesn't mean it was specifically designed to detect Wraith.

Comment

I don't recall Carson stating he was countinuing Ancient research when he worked with the retrovirus. The Lantaens was known as a race with a lot of ethical considerations. I think the ancients might have found a retrovirus to be unethical. I think the Ancients would see every single Wraith as an individual with the right to choose for it self even being their mortal enemies. For instance the Lanteans didn't use The Ark of Thruth.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
                        Ok if the anicents were so smart how come they didn't come up with the retro virus for the Wraith .I mean the atlantis team seems to be coming up with some simlpy ways to fight the wraith and win where as the so caled anicents fought them for centuries and got their asses kicked.
                        As the Alterans have been written thus far they weren't very smart. They just had advanced technology. I might be interpreting this the wrong way since I didn't listen to the Ark of Truth audio commentary but in AOT I was under the impression...
                        Spoiler:
                        ...that the Alterans were Medieval villagers who somehow managed to reverse engineer Ori technology, however the hell that could have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                          As the Alterans have been written thus far they weren't very smart. They just had advanced technology. I might be interpreting this the wrong way since I didn't listen to the Ark of Truth audio commentary but in AOT I was under the impression...
                          Spoiler:
                          ...that the Alterans were Medieval villagers who somehow managed to reverse engineer Ori technology, however the hell that could have happened.
                          Huh? I seemed more like this:
                          Spoiler:
                          The Alterra were an advanced society that had to go into hiding as the Ori grew more violent and more unaccepting of technology. The Alterra finally decided to leave the Alterra Home Galaxy and thats what happned in Ark of Truth. They always had advanced technology ad there was no reverse engineering... at least, not on the Alterra's side.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                            Huh? I seemed more like this:
                            Spoiler:
                            The Alterra were an advanced society that had to go into hiding as the Ori grew more violent and more unaccepting of technology. The Alterra finally decided to leave the Alterra Home Galaxy and thats what happned in Ark of Truth. They always had advanced technology ad there was no reverse engineering... at least, not on the Alterra's side.
                            Ah, makes sense. Guess I was just thrown off by the medieval village.

Comment

The Ancients were arogant *******s. They just thought: Let's send a few warships and weed them out. When they ships to talk with them, the Wraith captured some with ZPMs and cloned warriors and defeated them.

This is what the Ancients should have done:

Use the DNA resequencer on them and made them like hybrids or normal humans.

But they just overestimated themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X