X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My beef with the system lords

When Baal is poised to strike the
    Spoiler:
    earth in continuum, it seems that Qetesh and the other system lords don't consider earth to be significant at all. they don't seem to have even of heard of it. but it is established in Stargate lore that earth is where the wayward dying race the goa'uld, led by Ra, discovered humanity (the perfect host) and spread them as slaves across the milky way gate system. Most (if not all) humans in the MW are descended from earth humans (the Tauri) including the Jaffa.

Well, the system lords didn't find Earth important in the orginal timeline until Ra was killed. It makes sense that they would feel the same way in this timeline as none of this has happened
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Well, the system lords didn't find Earth important in the orginal timeline until Ra was killed. It makes sense that they would feel the same way in this timeline as none of this has happened
      After Ra was overthrown on Earth, and the Gate buried, the Goa'uld were cut off from Earth except by ship. At the time, the Goa'uld seem to have moved on, forgotten Earth to some extent. After all, they had other humans they could enslave without much trouble, spread throughout the galaxy.

Earth became important again when they took down a System Lord, Ra. In the alternate timeline of Continuum, that hadn't happened.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Isn't that what I said?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Isn't that what I said?
          I was just elaborating.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The answer to the original question is simple. Baal has a time machine! He changed everything. In the original timeline, Ra ruled over the planet and the other system lords were at least well known, if not present. The Earth may not have been important to other system lords, but it was a place that Ra spent much of his time. In Baal's new timeline, the Earth was no longer important to the other goa'uld because they didn't even know about it. Baal didn't want any of the others to know anything more than he thought was safe, let alone conquests he had yet to begin. Baal conquered many races and as Quetesh/Ketesh (spelling?) said, he was always one step ahead because he knew them from, as he put it, another life and another time. Why do you think she was so mad? "The Sovereign" knew everything about everybody and his Queen and loyal followers were sick of being kept in the dark.

Comment

but didn't all of them at one time have empires on earth since all of them exist in earth mythology?

Comment

Isn't that what I said?
                I think it was
                Meh.

Comment

Working...
                X