Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis is going down - Down Under that is!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis is going down - Down Under that is!

Finally, the horribly idiotic Channel 7 have purchased the first season of Stargate: Atlantis. According to their release, they will begin showing it "later in the year".

In other news, 7 has also said that they will continue to show Stargate Season 8 whenever they get new episodes. We're currently up to Zero Hour (that's on tomorrow), and as long as the studio keeps sending them eps, they'll keep airing them!

BYE
    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

woohoo! channel 7 are doing something right for once (or at least will be as soon as 'later in the year' comes round) im loving channel 7 at the moment...lets hope it lasts!

Comment

Seven's rating have been erratic lately, so I guess they're hanging on to their shows that actually rate well. That's good news for Stargate SG-1 fans. Atlantis is out of sync already with SG-1 is some states, though.

Comment

In Belgium they don't air stargate sg.1 anymore since the end of season 5 but I got them all on DVD except Season 1 (I ordered it) and Season 8 and Season 1 of Atlantis but that is going to take a while.But I have seen the episodes at an alternate way,if you know what I mean but I'm a real stargate fan so I'm going to buy it on DVD when it appears
        Lord Zedd

Comment

I had heard from one of the people in Seven's programming department about a month ago that they had the rights to it, but they were still trying to decide on an airing date, but now that they have said later this year it makes me jump for joy but it also renews my confidence that SG1 will not be taken off our screens any time soon. *prays to an all powerful being*
          "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
          http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

omg...that is sweeet news, so stoked to hear that...nice work channel 7, hopefully this will lead to some stable and consistent airing of stargate for time to come

oh and hi everybody..

my first post..

Comment

Welcome to the forums CeSSPool.

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Comment

oh thats great i can't wait to see it. hope that its not a long weight though
                Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Happy, happy, happy, happy days. I can't wait to see it. But do you think 7 gonna catch Melb up with Sydney cos we're about a month behind. Or are we just gonna get a month less when the rateings season starts up again?

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                  DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I dont think that they will. What stargate ep are you up to

Comment

I was thinking about this last night when they mentioned The Pegasus Galaxyin Zero Hour. I would of expected Channel 7 to air Atlantis after New Order Part II but I think channel 7 will do the usual deal of axing SG-1 around the 8th episode mark of the season, and then they'll chuck on Atlantis in its place. Which is kinda dumb since the two are supposed to run in conjunction - but its already out of sync now so it doesnt really matter

Edit: Just wanted to add, we are only 6 ep's behind the rest of the world, so that would only take us over into December - so even if Channel 7 kept showing them when they got them .. we don't have very long to go
                      Last edited by Neon-Frog; 12 November 2004, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Don't forget though Neon-Frog (cool name by the way) that Australia is strewn all through the series some states are further ahead than others, in SA we just had 721 The Lost City Part 1, so we still have a while to go, but Victoria is even further behind than we are, so there is a chance that it will be stopped in your state while the others continue on to try and catch up.

Also, for the past two years in SA they have gone on break after the 21st episode of the season, and since it is continuing next week with double episodes it will be the first time that the trend has been broken.

Comment

I hope that they dont pull it( stargate) Off and replace it with Atlantis. I think Atlantis coming to Tv in December.

Comment

Hopefully Seven will put Scrubs back on as well... It would be awesome if the line-up was Scrubs at 8:00, The Amazing Race at 8:30, Stargate SG-1 at 9:30, and Atlantis at 10:30...

Comment

I managed to watch the first two eps of Atalantis by "alternative" means aswell and I must say I cant wait for them to air on Aussie TV, even if it is on channel 7

The storyline and expansion from SG-1's plot is really clever and the new villians are awesome!! Should be a great show, lets hope it lasts as long as SG-1

Visit GateGuide.net & Submit your Site Today!
                              www.gateguide.net | www.stargateguide.net

Comment

Working...
                              X