This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell: Timeline Confusion

I haven't seen this question in any other threads. There's one thing in the movie that I haven't quite been able to sort out. Perhaps the answer is obvious and I've just missed it. If so, then a thousand pardons.

In the altered timeline Mitchell visits the farm that he had lived on with his parents in the original timeline. The farm is now occupied by an older man who tells Mitchell he's lived there for 35 years. The old man takes Mitchell into the house for a nostalgic look and while in there Mitchell spots on the mantel an old framed photo of his grandfather. Now, how can that photo have been there at all? In the altered timeline, the Mitchell family never lived on the farm. The old man (who is never named) has no apparent connection to the Mitchells, nor did he show any familiarity with the name when Mitchell first identified himself.
    My timeline of the Ancients here.

The photo wasn't there. When you see the photo, there is a yellow tinge to the whole screen (sepia tone, if I'm not mistaken), thus insinuating that it's something that SHOULD be there, as per Mitchel's memory, but has now been replaced by that old man's photos. Basically, it's what Cam remembered to be there.

It's a pretty common film tool.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      The photo wasn't there. When you see the photo, there is a yellow tinge to the whole screen (sepia tone, if I'm not mistaken), thus insinuating that it's something that SHOULD be there, as per Mitchel's memory, but has now been replaced by that old man's photos. Basically, it's what Cam remembered to be there.

It's a pretty common film tool.
      Hmm, okay I'll give the scene another look. Thanks.

Comment

here's another timeline confusion. mitchell was sent back 10 years to 1929. Was the gate discovered then? If not, it should be still buried in egypt and if so, how did carter dial the gate? and how did mitchell go through the gate?

Comment

The gate was found in 1928.

Comment

Originally posted by jarodlwk View Post
            here's another timeline confusion. mitchell was sent back 10 years to 1929. Was the gate discovered then? If not, it should be still buried in egypt and if so, how did carter dial the gate? and how did mitchell go through the gate?

How do you know Mitchell was sent to Earth? He had 10 years to get to the Achilles.

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
              How do you know Mitchell was sent to Earth? He had 10 years to get to the Achilles.
              We don't know, but even if he wasn't he would have had to gate to earth eventually to position himself be aboard the Achilles.

Or . . .

He could have gated to a Goa'uld occupied world, stolen an Al'kesh, laid low for ten years, then taken it to Earth, cloaked of course, then carried out his mission at the appropriate time, and then left Earth in the Al'Kesh again, afterwards living out his life on a secluded world with a nice tropical beach.

Or . . .

He could have gated to the world with the hidden Puddlejumper, the modified one capable of time travel, (It's Good To Be King), then carried out his mission in a similar manner as with the Al"kesh, except he wouldn't have needed to wait ten years as he could have simply traveled ahead in time to the appropriate year.

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                I think we can assume that Mitchell did gate back to Earth in 1929. At that time, it was still in Egypt somewhere. Why wouldn't Carter dial him back to Earth?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I think we can assume that Mitchell did gate back to Earth in 1929.?* At that time, it was still in Egypt somewhere.?* Why wouldn't Carter dial him back to Earth?
                  I don't Carter had that luxury. TLM (SGA 420) and 1969 (SG1 221) teaches us that it depends where the solar flare hits the wormhole as to wheither the wormhole continues on its journey or if it returns to its orgin.?*
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                  X