This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A potential error in continuum

I thought that do dial Earth SG Teams have to use a IDC otherwise SGC will shut the iris, yet in continuum when SG1 is dialing Earth they do not enter any ID code, wouldn't the iris have been shut on them resulting in thier death?

this can be explained by it simply not being shown. From the beginning the teams have gotten faster at going threw the gate, not always showing the codes being sent to open the iris.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that one too and there really doesn't seem time for them to enter a code, but OK, I can accept some minor mistakes.

But there is another "mistake" that I have stumbled across and I just can't get it out of my head. I'm talking about the original timeline. When exactly is Continuum taking place? Because if you take only the facts from the movie (that is Teal'c's short hair, Sam's rank being still Lt. Colonel acording to the credits) than Continuum obviously plays before Atlantis Season 4. But in Atlantis Season 5 Episode 1 (search and Rescue) Sam is gating back to earth because "They caught the last Ba'al clone. The Tok'Ra are going to extract the symbiont. They want SG-1 to put in an appearance." In my opinion that's a reference to the events taking place in Continuum. I also recall an interview with Amanda Tapping here on gateworld.net, stating that there might be some surprise (or something like that) when asked about both movies playing before Atlantis season 4.
      So I just don't get it. Anyone having a solution?
      If you find mistakes, you may keep them I'm not a native speaker.

Comment

Both Carter and Mitchell are full-bird colonels in Continuum. Joe M said the credits were mistake.

Comment

Thanks, now that settles that. Well, apart from Teals'c's hair, but one can always change that ^^
          If you find mistakes, you may keep them I'm not a native speaker.

Comment

It's possible that he simply got a hair cut
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ascended One View Post
              I thought that do dial Earth SG Teams have to use a IDC otherwise SGC will shut the iris, yet in continuum when SG1 is dialing Earth they do not enter any ID code, wouldn't the iris have been shut on them resulting in thier death?
              I think the real potential error is that SG-1 realizes something is wrong and the reality is slowly changing, while if Baal really did go back in time to change things, the whole timeline should have changed before they knew what happened to them.
              Even though it was a ok movie, I don't like time travel stories in SG-1, especially the ones where they have to change the timeline or fear of changing it.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRasschaert View Post
                I think the real potential error is that SG-1 realizes something is wrong and the reality is slowly changing, while if Baal really did go back in time to change things, the whole timeline should have changed before they knew what happened to them.
                Even though it was a ok movie, I don't like time travel stories in SG-1, especially the ones where they have to change the timeline or fear of changing it.
                yea i don't like them either b/c it just ends where we left off and so basically "nothing" happened in our timeline.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                  It's possible that he simply got a hair cut
                  One can always hope so

That last hair style of his was really gross. No offence, Teal'c.
                  "Wøøf!"

Comment

What I'm curious about is the fact that no-one was sure of what the Stargate was prior to 1995 when Daniel first activated it.

BUT. Four times it's been activated prior this.

- 1969 (When the SG-1 Team activate it storage)
                    - 1945 (When Ernest Littlefield steps through it)
                    - 1939 (When Baal & his Jaffa arrives through on the Achilles)
                    - 1929 (When Cam arrives through, 1 year after it was discovered by Dr. Langford's Giza Dig)

(Also, besides the gate reforming for a brief period at the start of 1969 in the missile chamber, which I'm taking to go against Canon, for some unexplained reason, otherwise SG-1 would have arrived in Storage, where they left from; this would have been a 5th time it was activated)

So, in total they've seen 2 (perhaps 3) instances of travellers arriving through the Stargate, and 2 instances of travellers leaving through Stargate. Surely this should give anyone who has details of these instances (they're were quite a few witnesses; possibly not Cam's 1929 arrival) an clue as to it's purpose.

Also, what happened to Baal's body and his Jaffa? I assume Mitchel dumped them overboard to prevent detailed knowledge of Jaffa & Goa'uld (and live goa'uld larvae from the Jaffa) from being introduced to 1939... As prior to Children of the God's; no one seems to have any idea what a Goa'uld is.

Comment

Working...
                    X