This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum Stargate Box

Small question about Continuum. Every scene that takes place in the Achilles, we see the stargate in its box. Now, the front obviously was destroyed by the kawoosh, but the back of the box seems to have suffered the same damage (we even see Mitchell's grandfather throught said hole) What caused it?

if u have ever seen the original stargate u will see wut caused the hole in the back

Comment

That's not really an answer. What if I don't remember what it was with the original Stargate? Which I don't....
      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

In the original movie, the kawhoosh first "exploded" forwards, like in the series, but then it bounces back and forms a vortex that sticks out the back of the Stargate before forming a stable event horizon.

I don't buy that though. That vortex was never seen in the series, both at times before and after when the events in the movie took place (we saw the Stargate activate in 1945 and 1969; no backwards vortex). I think it's just a discrepancy. Sorry.

EDIT: A pic of that vortex from the movie:

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis....php?pos=-4452

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          In the original movie, the kawhoosh first "exploded" forwards, like in the series, but then it bounces back and forms a vortex that sticks out the back of the Stargate before forming a stable event horizon.

I don't buy that though. That vortex was never seen in the series, both at times before and after when the events in the movie took place (we saw the Stargate activate in 1945 and 1969; no backwards vortex). I think it's just a discrepancy. Sorry.

Oh yeah. I remember that now! It looks weird after all this time...
          Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

I noticed this too, probably just a goof so we could see Mitchell's grandfather
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

could it be the concussive force of the wormhole forming?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

That was also the first time (not counting Ernest Littlefield) that they activated the gate using the Earth equipment. I forget when, but Carter has mentioned before that the jerry-rigged equipment the SGC uses causes subtle problems with the stargate and that they are always improving. That's how the quickened the pace of the dialing sequence later on in SG1. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that before any adjusting had been done to the SGC's system, the event horizon would act a bit nutty.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Hmmm...that's a good point, I can go with that.

Yes! Plothole plugged.

Comment

Working...
                  X