This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since when do simbiotes live in heads?

Since when does a Goa'uld simbiote live inside the host's head and not around the neck?

Spoiler:
    When the top of Apophis' head was cut off, somehow an alive Goa'uld managed to crawl out. Also, at the end of the movie a simbiote was extracted directly from Ba'als brain.

Originally posted by j7n View Post
    Since when does a Goa'uld simbiote live inside the host's head and not around the neck?

Spoiler:
    When the top of Apophis' head was cut off, somehow an alive Goa'uld managed to crawl out. Also, at the end of the movie a simbiote was extracted directly from Ba'als brain.
    This was the one thing that really bugged me about Continuum.

I can accept the complete corruption of the timeline, I can accept Jack dying quite so easily, and I can even accept Daniel not being that bothered about losing his leg (he was on a shed load of painkillers at the time), but it has been a solid tenet of the series since the beginning that Goa'uld enter the body and wrap themselves around the spine.

This really annoyed me to the point of shouting at the TV in the symbiote extraction scene.

Comment

They wrap themselves around the spine with their own head in the head of the host.

Check out Enemy Within season 1 and watch when Kawalski's head is sliced open by the closing gate and the goa'uld symbiote falls out.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        They wrap themselves around the spine with their own head in the head of the host.

Check out Enemy Within season 1 and watch when Kawalski's head is sliced open by the closing gate and the goa'uld symbiote falls out.
        Indeed. What happened to Apophis was literally the exact same thing that happened Kawalsky (yay, continuity from season 1!). Although, Kawalsky's symbiote plopped out and withered away while Apophis' just...fell out.

Comment

the symbiote wraps around the spine, as others have said, and the snake's own 'head' goes up the spine and through that little hole at the base of your skull to gain access to the brain.

in Paradise Lost you see jack pull the skeleton of a goa'uld out of a body's skull and in another episode...allegiance maybe? we see an image of the goa'uld along someone's spine with the head of the goa'uld into the host's skull and 'attached' to the brain stem.

which is how it controls the host's body
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I guess this explanation will suffice.

I can even accept Daniel not being that bothered about losing his leg
            Yeah, I too was bothered by how Daniel Jackson lost his leg. He behaved as an actor at that moment, not as his character. I imagine most people in reality would feel it as a great loss, a freedom given up forever. But not him. If he had a real chance to get a new body, as in "Tin Man" perhaps, I could understand his behavior.

Comment

I imagine most people in reality would feel it as a great loss, a freedom given up forever. But not him.
              I figured that compared to the loss of his reality and undoing of all their deeds from the past decade+, needing to use a crutch or fake leg didn't seem like such a big deal.

Comment

I guess this explanation will suffice.

Yeah, I too was bothered by how Daniel Jackson lost his leg. He behaved as an actor at that moment, not as his character. I imagine most people in reality would feel it as a great loss, a freedom given up forever. But not him. If he had a real chance to get a new body, as in "Tin Man" perhaps, I could understand his behavior.
                He said it himself, he was dosed up on considerable painkillers. Morphine will do that to a guy.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Daniel's also died a few times; loosing a leg is small fry by comparison, I'd imagine.

Comment

we know there is something in a goa-uld that makes its hosts eyes glow. since that is impossible for the human body, the symbiote has to get right up behind the eyes somehow. am I right?

Comment

Also, how is that the symbiote is extracted from the head by a syringe? Or, piercing the skull without killing the host?

sigpic
                      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaJSlone View Post
                        I figured that compared to the loss of his reality and undoing of all their deeds from the past decade+, needing to use a crutch or fake leg didn't seem like such a big deal.
                        particularly when doped to the gills.

as for the symbiote, it made sense that it would jump out of the available "opening"

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                          Also, how is that the symbiote is extracted from the head by a syringe? Or, piercing the skull without killing the host?

Sci Fi science? I would think the symbiote can squish itself pretty small & so the extraction really squishes it--which is why it's a terrible experience for the goa'uld. And no picnic for the host. Didn't Vala say it was pretty bad for her?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Daniel's also died a few times; loosing a leg is small fry by comparison, I'd imagine.
                            I agree completely.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think it's important to remember that Daniel was 100% certain that he was going to freeze to death, alone on the ice. Rescue must have been a truly joyous thing. He also knew his leg was completely frozen before Sam ans Cam left. I doubt losing the leg was a surprise to him. Living? That was a surprise.

Comment

Working...
                              X