Ori Powercore = Subspace Tap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Powercore = Subspace Tap?

The Ori shield was near invulnerabel before we got Asgard beams, so it must have been logicaly powered by a very powerful energy source, a Subspace tap can provide near ZedPm levels of energy, but over prolonged periods of time, what if the Ori with their ascended understandng, made a way to accelerate the recharge process.

Their Power core has shown similarities with teh Arcturus device, but no exotic particles were ever mentioned, so perhaps its the same basic principle exept gets around exotic particles by extracting energy from sub space intead of real space?

Opinions?

That could well be it.

It is possible though that the Ori used their ascended knowledge to make arcturus work.

You could say that if this was the case then Ori shields could never be beaten, but what if shields there is a problem in the design of the shield that the Asgard weapons can take advantage of?

It would be like a bridge that, even though you've made it out of steel, has a design flaw that allows the wind to blow it down.

Comment

Sicne Asgard beams could take their shield down I don't think it's Arcturus, which is why I sugested a subspace tap. Asgard ebasm after al, have never been said ot take advantage of any design flaws in Orii shielding, this is geven more credibility by teh thrre shot kill on a hive, which would imply masive firepower.

Comment

maybe the building is wrong analogy.

A knife may be a better one. The knife had either be big or sharp. The asgard weapons ma be both.

I may of been wrong to say design flaw, perhaps it would be better to say "not perfect"

Comment

Hmmm an interesting concept, perhaps something that is a mixture between Arcturus and the subspace capacitor from Daedalus Variations.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
            maybe the building is wrong analogy.

A knife may be a better one. The knife had either be big or sharp. The asgard weapons ma be both.

I may of been wrong to say design flaw, perhaps it would be better to say "not perfect"
            If I understand corectly what you mean, it is effectively a design flaw not a power one. For example its frequencies of resonance. Were they to be excited, the shield would eventually lose its stability and collapse.

It's like the Tacoma Bridge at http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=3mclp9QmCGs

If you hit the resonance frequency, there would be huge variation of energy in the shield generator and eventually it will no longer be able to sustain the stress and will burn/explode/shutdown. You lose your shield an you're a sitting duck. And even the more power you put into it the quicker the breakdown.

If this is the case, Asgard beams are (maybe too much) amazing. Moreover the power output is huge too which make it as efficient on hull as on shield. The only way to counter it would be to change the shield frequency randomly and frequently. (Maybe this is the secret of ultimate shield)
            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
              If I understand corectly what you mean, it is effectively a design flaw not a power one. For example its frequencies of resonance. Were they to be excited, the shield would eventually lose its stability and collapse.

If you hit the resonance frequency, there would be huge variation of energy in the shield generator and eventually it will no longer be able to sustain the stress and will burn/explode/shutdown. You lose your shield an you're a sitting duck. And even the more power you put into it the quicker the breakdown.

If this is the case, Asgard beams are (maybe too much) amazing. Moreover the power output is huge too which make it as efficient on hull as on shield. The only way to counter it would be to change the shield frequency randomly and frequently. (Maybe this is the secret of ultimate shield)
              But we've never had any inidication SG shields operate on frequencies.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post

That is pretty much what I meant.

I also thought, what powers the Asgard weapons on the 304s? is it an asgard power core or is it Naquadah generators?

Comment

That is pretty much what I meant.

I also thought, what powers the Asgard weapons on the 304s? is it an asgard power core or is it Naquadah generators?
                  A Naquadriah reactor.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    A Naquadriah reactor.
                    I've not heard them mention naquadriah on the show except for the mark IXs.

The 304s powerbase is vague.

Comment

wondering though. personally i think the idea is accurate. but i personally think the asgard beam weapon uses a local fluctuation to penetrate. like a needle puncturing the skin, instead of throwing small stones at your skin. longer, heavier pressure, so the shield cant maintain, and causes local[area of a few dozen cm^2's] energy leakthrough, weakening the ship itself, amplifying the effect. the powerspike to fill up that area is massive, creating heavy fluctuation. continued fire causes enourmous fluctuations, and shieldfailure in the end. countering is impossible

Comment

That stupid line about shield fluctuations. That happened after they started firing.

I've not heard them mention naquadriah on the show except for the mark IXs.

The 304s powerbase is vague.
                        They were the power generator on both the 302s and the 303s, so it seems logical that they should also power teh 304s.

Comment

That stupid line about shield fluctuations. That happened after they started firing.

They were the power generator on both the 302s and the 303s, so it seems logical that they should also power teh 304s.
                          They powered the hyperdrives on the 302 and 303 but the 302s don't have hyperdrives anymore and the 303 got an asgard hyperdrive. There's no reason to say that naquadriah is still in use especially given the fact that they've never said how they've solved its problems.

Comment

ehm. if you read what i said, the fluctuations happened BECAUSE they fired.

Comment

But we've never had any inidication SG shields operate on frequencies.
                              In the Season 4 episode Upgrades SG-1 was able to race through Goa'uld shield barriers because they could see the oscillations. In Season 5's finale, Anubis switched shield frequencies to block Asgard transport beams but let ring transports in.

I suspect that the Asgard beam weapon doesn't overpower the shields, but rather uses more advanced physics to pass through the shields by working its way through them or adapting itself to them. This process takes a couple of seconds, which would make them less effective against a very fast moving ship.

The Asgard likely found the technology in an Ancient database or by retro-engineering the Ori satellite from Ethon. Given how similar it is to satellite tech, my money is on that option (and that means Prometheus didn't get destroyed for nothing).

Comment

Working...
                              X